Week 3 Post-Game: Packers 18 Saints 17

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Week 3 Post-Game: Packers 18 Saints 17

Post by APB »

Late getting the post-game thread started, my bad. Some good chatter in the game day thread.

Terrible 3 quarters of play followed by gutty, gritty, tough, resilient 4th quarter. Fantastic growth game for a young squad!

These guys deserve some criticism but, holy smokes, what a gutty performance! Well done!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The amount of backups doing this was incredible.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

4th quarter is honestly all that matters for this team. Especially the offense. Going to be a mess at times, but staying focused and bouncing back matters. Shows some promise for this young group.

Hoping that this is a bit of a kick in the pants for the D as well. But still work to do there. As long as they keep points off the board, we'll be ok though.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I kinda feel bad for Lupe.

He was on fire in the GDT when we were losing. Didn’t see anything after the 3rd qtr tho.

I’m sure he had a rant post all ready to go destroying Love and his lack of heart, not clutch, and general poo poopiness. Then on to a HC who is gutless, can’t win against a good defense, and is basically sissy-pants trashcan juice. And don’t forget Gutebumst who drafted the poo piddley QB and hired the sissy pants HC.

Oh the disappointment…

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

It’s amazing to think of watching a game like this. Amazing and yet stunning. Bold and yet subtle taste with elements of apricot and kick a$$ together.

Love threw too many low passes when he went downfield earlier. But they stuck with it and it paid off. He needs more work with these WRs on the vertical concepts.

Glad to see Musgrave get more short passes, including a third down to move the chains. His playbook is getting bigger.

Reed. He had a bizarre game. But it speaks to the non-quit in this kid. He’ll remember this game a long time.

Carlson outkicked the Saints kicker. ;-)

Gary coming on strong!

It seemed like 90% of our passing game in the fourth quarter was outside the hashmarks. I kept waiting for that to fail too but it didn’t. If Love is going to make his money this year out there, good for him.

I’m worried about Campbell. I want him in next week too. I think he didn’t come back into the game once he left?

As for the youth and talent on this team… Last week and this week alike, I thought a lot of it on offense was about they have so much ability, if they don’t get in their own way. I’m probably saying that more than ever after this week. Stop the penalties. Do better catching the contested balls. Utilize the run just enough to help the pass. Be assignment sure. I think we’ll be getting 30+ ppg before this season is over.

Today’s comeback happened while we did NOT get a turnover from the Saints.

I didn’t think of it then, but now, I think the Saints are kicking themselves for not scoring a TD at the end of the first half. They were moving the ball. And then, they had to settle. Might’ve had as much effect as anything in the end.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
24 Sep 2023 15:59

He was on fire in the GDT when we were losing. Didn’t see anything after the 3rd qtr tho.

I’m sure he had a rant post all ready to go destroying Love and his lack of heart, not clutch, and general poo poopiness. Then on to a HC who is gutless, can’t win against a good defense, and is basically sissy-pants trashcan juice. And don’t forget Gutebumst who drafted the poo piddley QB and hired the sissy pants HC.

Oh the disappointment…
Any Sunday where you can't say "I've been saying this for years" is a no good Sunday. :(

I mean it was still said, but now it just doesn't have the same effect.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

The long-term critique of this team is that they fold when they’re punched in the face.

Last week, a strong running team took it to us.

This week, down 17-0, against a D that still hasn’t allowed 20+ points in ages, we came through.

That’s how a sloppy win becomes a gritty win. Love it.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

APB wrote:
24 Sep 2023 15:59

Oh the disappointment…

😂😂😂

Hate to pile on and I stay off here during games bc of crap like that but yes. Wisconsin sports talk welcomes this negativity like it's law. (Yes I think Mark is a joke)

I may wear the green and gold blinders but this is a win a young dumb team needed. More so a coach that I felt was conservative for 3/4 to protect his QB finally opened it up and let him freaking work.

Bring on the damn lions let's go

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Some of those catches by Reed and Doubs in the 4th quarter were unreal. Reed should be in consideration for Rookie of the year.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

paco wrote:
24 Sep 2023 17:00
He is better than most. He has the fire of Favre and the ability of Rodgers. 3 in a row baby!

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Was thinking about breaking down the game a bit but instead I will say this:

IF you have 4th quarters like a week ago, you will lose alot of games. If your resilient (I thought Jordon Love was very) and have a 4th quarter like today and you will win more often than not.

Love J. Reed, but, that drop on the sideline might have been Loves best through of the year. It was Rodgeresk!!! I hated when he missed Musgrave early and the Pick was just a bad play all the way around but, I thought Love kept his cool and that gives me some confidence going forward. Lets get out best playmakers back and stop with the 10+ penalties and maybe the Pack can make it easier on themselves.

GO Pack!!!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Our offense was stymied for so much of the game. You can expect that against a very good defense. But they just kept throwing the ball downfield, after how many failures. And then, it started to work!

I give MLF a lot of credit. He stuck with something that could work and would be needed anyhow when mountains a comeback.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

[mention]APB[/mention] Im surprised you didn't turn in more receipts this week. Some got very quiet after the 3rd quarter.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Sep 2023 17:57
@APB Im surprised you didn't turn in more receipts this week. Some got very quiet after the 3rd quarter.
I tend to focus on the most obvious…and obnoxious.

It was over-the-top for a while there. It deserved to be readdressed following the comeback.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

MLF said after the game that the 2-point play didn't go as expected. I think it looks similar to the play Love hit Doubs on in week 1, except the Saints covered Doubs better.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/jordan-love- ... it-to-six-
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Seriously. The Packers have the largest comeback in franchise history and it's absolute crickets from a certain "half" of this forum.

Are there people who just like being miserable?
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
24 Sep 2023 18:10
Seriously. The Packers have the largest comeback in franchise history and it's absolute crickets from a certain "half" of this forum.

Well obviously yes, a most insufferable bunch.

Can’t believe how quiet the forum is, be a million fire xxxx threads if we lost.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
24 Sep 2023 18:14
go pak go wrote:
24 Sep 2023 18:10

Well obviously yes, a most insufferable bunch.

Can’t believe how quiet the forum is, be a million fire xxxx threads if we lost.
Oh absolutely. A bunch of “you homers” references, too.

Seriously, tho. I think we were all a little frustrated with how the game was going and the lack of discipline with penalties and whatnot. Nothing wrong with voicing that frustration, within reason. Those few who find it necessary to ruin the entire conversation with their over-the-top criticisms and repeated axe grinding complaints deserve what they’re now getting.