MLF / LaCoach

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

MLF / LaCoach

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Here ...... Now is your chance to rip it and whip it ........... and rip it and whip it good.

I knew he could be a problem when I read that he took down the legacy photos in the hallways, etc. from the prior generations of Packers facilities. That move has backfired. Seems like a guy that doesn't understand reality totally and is disrespectful of Packers history.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rip+it+ ... aYgl0,st:0

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

He just always seems like it is an act. Over the top emotional, whether good or bad. I miss McCoach.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

I didn't know he removed those photos. It appears he doesn't understand the legacy of the team he is trying to lead. My regard for him is diminishing by the day. :nono:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

He shouldnt have called the question BS. I feel he doesnt regulate his emotions well. Pouts too much.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

It is a BS question. He addressed it specifically. If he knew, it wouldn't have happen.

First LaFleur is a crier, then he gets mad too quickly, but we want a fiery coach... Manufactured controversy.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

It’s not a BS question. It’s a necessary question IMO. There is no owner to hold these guys accountable. The media needs to hold them accountable and the fans certainly do as well which has been the main problem IMO.

What’s BS is having fans pay money and show up to the game. For those at home to stay up late and invest their time into a team and as a coach you have no answers and put on a dog &%$@ performance like that.

Something Aaron Nagler said a few weeks back is you are what you emphasize and what the Packers emphasized all off-season was the passing game in offense and defense. It shouldn’t come as a surprise why on both sides of the ball the thing that is absolutely hot garbage is the run game.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Platitudes, nothing more. Any delving into them and they fall apart like wet toilet paper.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 29 Sep 2023 12:31, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

I still don't know what an MLF offense is after 4+ years. I thought it was using the run to setup the pass but that ain't happening. No one else to blame but him. Every retired OL player says that they prefer run blocking to pass blocking. So why can't we run block?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
29 Sep 2023 09:53
I knew he could be a problem when I read that he took down the legacy photos in the hallways, etc. from the prior generations of Packers facilities. That move has backfired. Seems like a guy that doesn't understand reality totally and is disrespectful of Packers history.
Do you have a link to this?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Here ...... Now is your chance to rip it and whip it ........... and rip it and whip it good.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rip+it+ ... aYgl0,st:0

sniped :shock:
Last edited by Yoop on 29 Sep 2023 13:52, edited 1 time in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

packman114 wrote:
29 Sep 2023 12:30
I still don't know what an MLF offense is after 4+ years. I thought it was using the run to setup the pass but that ain't happening. No one else to blame but him. Every retired OL player says that they prefer run blocking to pass blocking. So why can't we run block?
because run blocking is harder then pass pro, we havn't had stellar run blocking since the Sitton and Lang era, yes we've seen some at times, typically against poor run stopping teams, but our RB's tend to be top half of the league with yards after first contact every season

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Sep 2023 12:36
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
23, I just looked this morning using web search Key Words and I can't find it. I'll keep looking. It said something like he had walls painted white. Keep looking yourself ............. if you find something let us all know please. Not sure if this is the wide hallway leading to the Lambeau playing field from the locker room, or some other parts of Lambeau Field.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Last I heard, the team was having artists paint new images, but no mention of removing photos

https://www.packers.com/lambeau-field/artwork
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
29 Sep 2023 13:18
Pckfn23 wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
23, I just looked this morning using web search Key Words and I can't find it. I'll keep looking. It said something like he had walls painted white. Keep looking yourself ............. if you find something let us all know please. Not sure if this is the wide hallway leading to the Lambeau playing field from the locker room, or some other parts of Lambeau Field.
well the Packers have personal assigned to every facet of Lambeau stadium, teams of people in fact Ringo, why would you assume that Lafleurs name is on any of those lists, or that he would even be allowed a opinion on paint colors, or the removal of memorabilia? sorry that doesn't make sense. :idn:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I think that MLF is a good coach. He might be better suited as an OC, than HC. But he's a good coach.

As much as I'd like a kicka$$ HC, there are other ways to get the most out of your guys too.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
29 Sep 2023 13:18
Pckfn23 wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
So LaFleur didn't have legacy photos in the hallways taken down...

I mean there are PLENTY of football related things to drag LaFleur over...

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
29 Sep 2023 14:09
I think that MLF is a good coach. He might be better suited as an OC, than HC. But he's a good coach.

As much as I'd like a kicka$$ HC, there are other ways to get the most out of your guys too.
I also believe Lafelur is better as an OC. I just don’t think he inspires. One thing I heard in a post game radio show last night is that LaFleur is nerdy Xs and Os guy which is fine but if that’s what you are you need a maniac as a DC and I kind of agree. You need someone who can really motivate the troops. They don’t have that from Barry or LaFleur.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Sep 2023 14:35
Scott4Pack wrote:

I also believe Lafelur is better as an OC. I just don’t think he inspires. One thing I heard in a post game radio show last night is that LaFleur is nerdy Xs and Os guy which is fine but if that’s what you are you need a maniac as a DC and I kind of agree. You need someone who can really motivate the troops. They don’t have that from Barry or LaFleur.
Did you ever answer my question from the other thread regarding his motivational abilities? (legitimately asking because I don't know)

To me it seems like MLF is fine in this regard but I was curious to see your take

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

texas wrote:
29 Sep 2023 14:58
lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Sep 2023 14:35
Scott4Pack wrote:

Did you ever answer my question from the other thread regarding his motivational abilities? (legitimately asking because I don't know)

To me it seems like MLF is fine in this regard but I was curious to see your take
I didn’t see the specific post. I tried searching it. I think the players on offense are playing hard for Matt. I don’t don’t think the defensive players are though. You can just see it by how these last two games started. He isn’t motivating these guys out of the gate. It was the same story last year. They start slow.

Idk I’ve heard so many great leaders and incredible officers speak. They know how to instill confidence and bring energy to an operation. I get none of that from LaFleur when I listen to him. He sounds like a pussy and that’s just my opinion.

To me if the defense was really inspired by their coach they would be sending ball carriers backwards and rallying to the ball as a team. They don’t. There’s awful tackles, weak tackles, no gang tackles. Teams take in the personalities of their head coach and their DC. Both of which come of to me as weak leaders.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
I found something. April 24, 2019 story on WBAY. Look for "LaFleur cosmetic changes". Pictures were put up....didn't find anything about pictures taken down (my error I suppose). There was repainting. What got painted over I don't know (yet). Don't know if pictures or murals, etc were removed or replaced. Whatever happened has not resulted in an NFC or NFL championship. Very disappointing and irritatingly so far.
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 29 Sep 2023 19:38, edited 5 times in total.