Fire and Brimstone

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Tooothsome Jeb
Reactions:

Fire and Brimstone

Post by Tooothsome Jeb »

How about that halftime interview with our intrepid leader? He was about to cry :lol:

Here we are, 30th ranked rushing team, 30th ranked rush D. And come with something better than, "Yeah, but Jones has been out, the line is dinged up." Dillon is the next Lacy, somewhere coaching takes you out of the last third of the league to middling. Excuses are up, folks. This team is a tire fire. Barry up to his usual shenanigans, no accountability. You beat the Bears and eke out a W after Carr goes down.

Looking ahead we have a pretty "soft" schedule, but I don't believe the Raiders or Broncos after the bye are gimme's. Payton can outscheme Lafleur in his sleep. This team is SOFT, the leadership is SOFT, and until that changes we can all accept weekly beatdowns as the result. Vikings 2x, Rams, Chargers, Lions, Chiefs...all losses. Any other game is 50/50 from here. Teams take on the image of their coach, and this image ain't good.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I disagree. Vikings will not beat the Packers twice, would not be surprised if the Packers win both games.

But you show me a team that has lost its 2 best Olinemen and whose primary RB and has been hurt that can run the ball.
Show me a team that can lose its WR#1 and whose slot and TE are rookies that don't struggle in the passing game.

Yeah, I'd like it if the D wasn't getting gashed by RB's but this is what happens when the O goes 3-and-out and the D is gassed. DC or no DC, no defense is effective when the O goes 3-and-out twice in a quarter and has to settle for a FG when the D gets a pick to the 16 yard line.

The Packers have had TWO major problems this season. #1 is injuries. #2 is an inexperienced Offense. Fire and Brimstone won't fix either problem.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Tooothsome Jeb wrote:
05 Oct 2023 00:49
How about that halftime interview with our intrepid leader? He was about to cry :lol:

Here we are, 30th ranked rushing team, 30th ranked rush D. And come with something better than, "Yeah, but Jones has been out, the line is dinged up." Dillon is the next Lacy, somewhere coaching takes you out of the last third of the league to middling. Excuses are up, folks. This team is a tire fire. Barry up to his usual shenanigans, no accountability. You beat the Bears and eke out a W after Carr goes down.

Looking ahead we have a pretty "soft" schedule, but I don't believe the Raiders or Broncos after the bye are gimme's. Payton can outscheme Lafleur in his sleep. This team is SOFT, the leadership is SOFT, and until that changes we can all accept weekly beatdowns as the result. Vikings 2x, Rams, Chargers, Lions, Chiefs...all losses. Any other game is 50/50 from here. Teams take on the image of their coach, and this image ain't good.
MLF likes to cry

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Dick Vermeil cried a lot and he won a Super Bowl. Just sayin'
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Guys.

That's just what his face looks like. Whenever people want to detract from MLF, they say that he looks like he is about to cry. I've heard it many times, but guess what? No tears. Y'all need to re-evaluate your hypothesis.

And another thing- about these hot takes about MLF not being hard or whatever, soft team etc etc, they're unfair at this point because we are all of 4 games into the post-Rodgers era. We have all of our cap burden falling on this year, and the FO deliberately did it so this was always designed to be a rebuilding year. Our entire offense is comprised of players with 3 or less years of experience except for like 3 guys, one of whom just went on IR. We're the 2nd youngest team. This isn't the McCarthy era; maybe we will look back in a few years and say sure enough, the MLF teams were soft too, but as far as I see it, it this MLF's 4th game as HC because we all know Rodgers ran the show when he was here. Give it a minute.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

texas wrote:
05 Oct 2023 19:05
Guys.

That's just what his face looks like. Whenever people want to detract from MLF, they say that he looks like he is about to cry. I've heard it many times, but guess what? No tears. Y'all need to re-evaluate your hypothesis.

And another thing- about these hot takes about MLF not being hard or whatever, soft team etc etc, they're unfair at this point because we are all of 4 games into the post-Rodgers era. We have all of our cap burden falling on this year, and the FO deliberately did it so this was always designed to be a rebuilding year. Our entire offense is comprised of players with 3 or less years of experience except for like 3 guys, one of whom just went on IR. We're the 2nd youngest team. This isn't the McCarthy era; maybe we will look back in a few years and say sure enough, the MLF teams were soft too, but as far as I see it, it this MLF's 4th game as HC because we all know Rodgers ran the show when he was here. Give it a minute.
Rebuilding?!?

<GASP>

You just shut your dirty mouth, you damn forum cancer!! :mrgreen:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
05 Oct 2023 20:40
texas wrote:
Guys.

Rebuilding?!?

<GASP!>

Tex is a commentator. Not the highest paid player on the team. He has free speech.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Tooothsome Jeb
Reactions:

Post by Tooothsome Jeb »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
05 Oct 2023 12:18
Dick Vermeil cried a lot and he won a Super Bowl. Just sayin'
Dick Vermeil took the Eagles to the Super Bowl in '81, losing to Oakland. Dick Vermeil revolutionized the modern West Coast offense with The Greatest Show On Turf, turned Marshall Faulk into a record-shattering weapon and took his philosophy to Kansas City and anointed Priest Holmes into that role with success. Took a 4th string Packers QB and made him a first ballot Hall of Famer. Isaac Bruce is there, Holt will be there too.

The only times he cried were for the abundant success of his players and the inability to save Lawrence Phillips' last chance/life when he threw him a line as coach of the Dolphins.

These two coaches tear up for vastly different reasons.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
05 Oct 2023 21:07
APB wrote:
05 Oct 2023 20:40
texas wrote:
Guys.

Rebuilding?!?

<GASP!>

Tex is a commentator. Not the highest paid player on the team. He has free speech.
Spoiler

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Just look at these losers! Crying about football. Pathetic! These coaches will never amount to anything. /s

Mike Tomlin after a loss:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... i=89978449

Campbell after a loss:

Sirianni during the national anthem. They hadn't even lost yet!
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I was actually thinking recently about this complaint of some of our fans that MLF does not command respect from his team because he's weepy, soft-spoken, and lacks machismo. And yes, in fact, I could see that being a problem if we had a team with lots of grizzled vets and killers like the "badass attitude" guys Mike Daniels talked about not long ago.

... but our team is literally just recently graduated college kids and literal babyfaces lol; they will listen to LaFleur by virtue of him being about 20 years older than most of them.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I generally don't really want crying men on the sidelines, but MLF isn't a crier. His face just looks like that.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
06 Oct 2023 14:33
I was actually thinking recently
ought o :hide:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

IMO if I see a coach tear up it tells me he truly gives a damn.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

texas wrote:
07 Oct 2023 14:42
I generally don't really want crying men on the sidelines, but MLF isn't a crier. His face just looks like that.
Pugger wrote:
07 Oct 2023 15:51
IMO if I see a coach tear up it tells me he truly gives a damn.
I think its true that his face does just look like that. LOL.

IT doesn't bother me if he did cry and it might mean he gives a damn. Either way I just want improvement in a few things. Mondays game??? CANT WAIT!!!! :banana:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

A coach that cries while having a plan is fine

Lafleurs problem is he looks like he’s crying because he has no answer or plan…(sometimes)
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Oct 2023 23:42
A coach that cries while having a plan is fine

Lafleurs problem is he looks like he’s crying because he has no answer or plan…(sometimes)
Oh I am sure he has a plan. Just maybe not a great one. But the league is a bunch of copycats who wind up with mediocre teams as a result. I am not sure if MLF will eventually become a great coach but he is not as much of a copycat as most HC's and so he has a chance. Plus he has a very young team, in particular a very young offense and that O can become something very special if they an find an identity that fits their strengths.

It is way too early to be bitching about MLF and this team. You should be very happy the team is 2-2 and not 0-4 or 1-3 which is what they logically would be with such an inexperienced roster.