'23 Playoff Picture

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where do we get

Win the Division
3%
Wild Card
43%
Miss the Playoffs
23%
What is a blitzer
30%

Total votes: 30

BF004
Reactions:

'23 Playoff Picture

Post by BF004 »

We actually had a fairly decent SOS so far, about to get a lot easier.

image.png
image.png (78.62 KiB) Viewed 1118 times

Nice to have tie breakers with the Saints and Rams.

No idea who would be likely to have the eventual tiebreaker with us and MN if we beat them next time.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The Tiebreaker with MN is interesting:

Let's assume both us and MN are 10-7 (meaning MN's only loss is to us)

Packers win Tiebreaker

If our loss is to KC or NYG, GB wins the tiebreaker over MN due to Conference Wins or Common Opponent (because we beat the Bears twice)

Vikings win Tiebreaker

If our loss is to TB or CAR - MN gets the tiebreaker due to Strength of Victory (MN has a slightly harder schedule than us)

If our loss is to CHI - MN gets the tiebreaker due to wins in the division
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The Tiebreaker with MN is interesting:

Let's assume both us and MN are 9-8 (meaning MN's only loss is to us)

Packers win Tiebreaker

If we beat MN and Chicago - we win tiebreaker due to division and common opponent

Vikings win Tiebreaker

If MN Beats us
If MN sweeps Detroit and we lose to the Bears (but beat MN)
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

From a tiebreaking standpoint, the next two games (KC and NYG) are the most meaningless with KC being THE most meainingless.

Our games vs TB, CAR, MN and CHI are the most meaningful.

The games ranked most important to least important:

1. Minnesota
2. Chicago
3. Tampa/CAR
4. NYG
5. KC
Yoop wrote:

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

I'm going to believe in this team until they are out of it. I won't be devastated if they don't make it in, I just want to see them keep fighting.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

It's been pointed out on X that our SOS has been tougher than all the playoff teams.

So much for all the chirping a few weeks back that we have been playing easy teams this year. You know who you were. :^)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl- ... dule-2023/

I've never put to much stock in strength of schedule, any NFL team can rise to the occasion, and the best can slack off and lose.

but this shows us at 28th for strength of remaining schedule, or I guess 4th easiest, again any given Sunday

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Madcity_matt wrote:
28 Nov 2023 10:31
I'm going to believe in this team until they are out of it. I won't be devastated if they don't make it in, I just want to see them keep fighting.
I don't deny being a hard on "Love and Watson". But I have also maintain that going into this season I believed we could compete for a wild card spot. Well right now we are competing for one. Thats why I got frustrated with comments about it being a "meaningless" game against the Steelers. Part of it is the competition for the "wild card" spots . The other teams vying for them spots are not that great. I hope we are saying at the end of the regular season "its not how you play the first part of the season but how you finish". Things could go sideways yet for sure, but I expect this young team to keep improving going forward. Could the 2 games against the Lions be any MORE different?!!!! I guess that question is mostly rhetorical. :rotf:

I will not freak out if we lose to KC. I expect them to. How excited will the forum get if we Win? I will be exctied. The Panther, Giants, Bucs, and as we saw last night, the Vikings and Bears are not Juggernauts.

Go Pack Go!!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Labrev wrote:
28 Nov 2023 11:18
It's been pointed out on X that our SOS has been tougher than all the playoff teams.

So much for all the chirping a few weeks back that we have been playing easy teams this year. You know who you were. :^)
What's a playoff team? Eagles have a very tough schedule this year.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
28 Nov 2023 14:31
Labrev wrote:

What is a woman?

Oh, never mind, that is a different topic.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

wallyuwl wrote:
28 Nov 2023 14:47
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Labrev wrote:

What is a woman?

Oh, never mind, that is a different topic.
Nobody knows anymore.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

lupedafiasco wrote:
28 Nov 2023 15:23
Nobody knows anymore.
Sane people do.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Labrev wrote:

That happens when most of the teams you play are playoff teams.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I think the Packers will miss the playoffs this season. But they will be close. To me, the fact that Love has proved himself to be a capable QB and that players like Musgrave, Reed, the 2 corners and the 2 Dlinemen and Walker and Wicks have proven themselves is more important than the ending win-loss record. Even LVN and Kingsley who are behind Preston would be starting on a lot of teams. This team is primed for a SB run next season and that is more important than this season. Going young was the right decision even though it has made this season difficult.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
29 Nov 2023 01:49
I think the Packers will miss the playoffs this season. But they will be close. To me, the fact that Love has proved himself to be a capable QB and that players like Musgrave, Reed, the 2 corners and the 2 Dlinemen and Walker and Wicks have proven themselves is more important than the ending win-loss record. Even LVN and Kingsley who are behind Preston would be starting on a lot of teams. This team is primed for a SB run next season and that is more important than this season. Going young was the right decision even though it has made this season difficult.
If they miss the playoffs at this point, Love will not have proven he’s a capable QB in my opinion. It’s all right there for us, a capable QB/team/coach…will just reach out and take it.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Beat the Chiefs on Sunday night and this conversation will pivot in favor of the 2023 Playoffs. Packers close out the season with the Giants, Buccaneers, Panthers, Vikings (LoL) and Da Bears. Oh ....... and the Lions may be in a downward spiral. Just sayin'

GO PACK GO!!

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Nov 2023 06:49
TheSkeptic wrote:
If they miss the playoffs at this point, Love will not have proven he’s a capable QB in my opinion. It’s all right there for us, a capable QB/team/coach…will just reach out and take it.
That's making a huge assumption that Love would be the reason for losing. That's simply not true. It could happen due to the defense or special teams and have nothing to do with Love.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Nov 2023 06:49
TheSkeptic wrote:
So did Rodgers prove to be incapable last year by this theshold?

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Labrev wrote:

A playoff team is a team getting needed experience for next year's SuperBowl run. :lombardi: