Packers Vikings Post Game 33-10

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Now what

SB Champs
19%
Conference Champs
5%
Divisional Champs
10%
Wild card champs
43%
We want the ball and we gon lose
19%
Top 17 draft pick
5%

Total votes: 21

BF004
Reactions:

Packers Vikings Post Game 33-10

Post by BF004 »

Go

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

SB champs is the only answer. Great ending to 2023.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Better position as a team than 2008.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Green Bay was dominant offensively, racking up 470 yards and 28 first downs. The club was 9-of-14 on third down. The club also led time of possession 37:32 to 22:28.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Great game!!!

Hope they can build from this and keep it going next week. Its all about the playoffs and how your playing when you get there.

Eagles are 1-4 last 5 games
The cowboys can be beat, we all know that.
2 Weeks ago, Brock Purdy looked like a high school QB
Tampa just lost to the saints.

We don't play in the same conference as the Baltimore Ravens :lol: :)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Are we undefeated with Ballentine and Valentine??

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

If you wanted a bigger sign that we are a young, inexperienced team. We are 3-0 in the division on the road. And 0-2 at home.

A talented team that doesn’t know how good they are yet.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
31 Dec 2023 22:26
I love your attitude but I don't see anybody beating Baltimore this year.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pugger wrote:
31 Dec 2023 23:19
paco wrote:
31 Dec 2023 22:26
I love your attitude but I don't see anybody beating Baltimore this year.
I actually think they’re very beatable for the same reasons we were. Their receivers are &%$@. The playoffs changes the rules and add a little leeway. You can hold an d get away with a little more in the secondary and worse receivers can’t beat it.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

What a lot of us suspected in the offseason ended up being true: replacing Rodgers with Love amounted to pretty much zero difference. We are in the same exact position we were in a year ago with Rodgers- win our last game against an already-eliminated division opponent and we are in the playoffs as a Wild Card team. Frankly our offense looks better now than it did last year.

Now let's beat Chicago so we can begin to find out about the other big thing we have been suspecting: will Love actually outperform Rodgers in the playoffs despite being objectively a worse thrower because he is superior mentally under pressure and actually follows the gameplan given to him by the coaches?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

another outstanding performance from Love, he seems more settled in with each game, some really nice passes.

Barry blitzed, stunted, and turned the heat up, and the coverage held up, impressive output finally from his defense, this should have been what we got to watch on that side of the ball most of this year, he's finally coaching for a pay check.

I guessed this might happen, hoped it might happen, it finally did, most complete game game for us this season, ST's coverage was solid too.

the suspension, and team meetings this week had the positive affect needed, this team showed a lot of heart last night. :aok:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Really solid team performance last night. Sure, it wasn’t perfect but they dominated an outmatched team in their house on a national stage. They did what they were supposed to do and that is a sign of a team that has matured beyond their experience.

Super impressed with Love last night. He picked apart a quality defense on drive after drive. Pressured all night, he made Flores consistently pay with correct reads and getting the ball out fast. He didn’t deliver 100% accurate balls every throw, as he was continually forced off platform, but he delivered mostly catchable balls and the young WRs/TEs came through in the clutch.

I am already satisfied for the season. They’ve accomplished precisely what I’d hoped they would do: Love shows he is the next generation of Packer QB and the team grew far enough to compete for the playoffs by season’s end. Check and check.

I don’t, by any stretch, think this team is ready to compete for a SB just yet. Ironically, my greatest reservations fall on the defense and ST as I’m sure they do with most here. The offense has more than pulled their weight. Despite all the challenges, I love the fact they’ve all stuck together and grown as a group as the season progressed.

This season is already a success whether they beat the Bears or not next weekend. Yeah, I’m pulling for the win and a chance for these youngsters to get some playoff football under their belts but I won’t be crushed should they fall short. Super proud of this team.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
01 Jan 2024 07:11
This season is already a success whether they beat the Bears or not next weekend. Yeah, I’m pulling for the win and a chance for these youngsters to get some playoff football under their belts but I won’t be crushed should they fall short. Super proud of this team.
It's so eerie how similar this is to last year. 8-8, riding high; need only a win against a low-achieving, but sorta upstart division rival to make the playoffs.

And how equally different people feel about it. Last year was the last chance to win one with Rodgers, hoping for an over-performing run like the Giants' SB wins. This year, most people don't care much about 0ppayffs or have many/any hopes once we're there. We all sorta came in hoping to be in the playoff picture, and we are.

Personally, I want the playoffs. And even a win. Draft stock be damned. I want this young team to have that EXPERIENCE nder their cap going into next year.

Though I also want that high-IQ athletic DB from Iowa and a DC that can move him around to different spots to maximize his effectiveness... so maybe I do care a little about draft stock, haha

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
01 Jan 2024 07:34
APB wrote:
It's so eerie how similar this is to last year. 8-8, riding high; need only a win against a low-achieving, but sorta upstart division rival to make the playoffs.

And how equally different people feel about it. Last year was the last chance to win one with Rodgers, hoping for an over-performing run like the Giants' SB wins. This year, most people don't care much about 0ppayffs or have many/any hopes once we're there. We all sorta came in hoping to be in the playoff picture, and we are.
The difference, for me anyway, is I feel like this is just the beginning of a new era. Last year felt very much like the end of an era, which was accurate, and that we had to squeeze everything out of it we could.

So excited for the future of this team!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

On a side note, please tell me there are some memorable calls from Vikings color commentator Paul Allen during last night’s game…? His tears always quench my thirst…

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
APB wrote:

Personally, I want the playoffs. And even a win. Draft stock be damned. I want this young team to have that EXPERIENCE nder their cap going into next year.

Though I also want that high-IQ athletic DB from Iowa and a DC that can move him around to different spots to maximize his effectiveness... so maybe I do care a little about draft stock, haha
This isn't like last year at all - even though the record is identical.

1. Last year was boring. It wasn't fun. This season has been so much fun.

2. Last year we won down the stretch beating teams either because they were bad, Christian Watson, or STs and Defense. This year we have been winning with poor STs and defense. Additionally, we are winning with young guy after young guy stepping up on offense.

Watson, Reed, Doubs, Wicks, Kraft, Melton and then Aaron Jones plays and looks like an All Pro. I can go on and on. Every single young weapon has had their moment the 2nd half of the season. The only one who really hasn't is because he was in the hospital.

Last year I felt the team actually looked like a 6 win team. This year I would argue we look better than a 9 win team the 2nd half of the season. I legit think we are a Tier 2/top of Tier 3 Team in the NFC. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we win a playoff game or even two.

Last year the playoff hopes were built on credibility of "maybe Aaron will look like 2020 and 2021 again"
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:

I still think our best long term outcome for the Packers is Love and the offense looks great but our defense sh*ts the bed and allows the opponent to put up 37+ points to end our season.

Honestly the earlier it happens the better.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

If Barry calls an aggressive game we've got a chance. When he plays it soft it is whatever they want to do works. We have to force them to react to us instead of trying to react to them.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

go pak go wrote:
01 Jan 2024 08:09
YoHoChecko wrote:

I still think our best long term outcome for the Packers is Love and the offense looks great but our defense sh*ts the bed and allows the opponent to put up 37+ points to end our season.

Honestly the earlier it happens the better.
Hard disagree.

Playoff football is a different animal that doesn't follow the rules of the regular season. The intensity ratchets up a good bit. Rising teams typically need to get beat a few times in the playoffs to figure it out (90's Packers were a classic case).

Playoff experience would be super valuable for this young team. I don't expect them to do much this year, but having playoff experience under their belt come playoff time next year will be where it pays dividends. Especially for Love.