Let The Hirings Begin!

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Let The Hirings Begin!

Post by APB »

Similar to the "firings" thread, here's a central thread to keep up to date on the hirings taking place throughout the league. There are so many interview requests flying around, I won't bother to list them. Rumors and hirings, though? Add 'em to the list.

Starting off:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Commanders have their GM:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Mad Maxx making his feelings known...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
12 Jan 2024 11:54
Mad Maxx making his feelings known...

Pierce is raising his value, interviews with Tenn, Carol Davis, (mom) aught to have a talk with her kid if he passes on another quality in house coach, or simply lets him get away.

weren't we interested in Peirce too?

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

So what is the deal with Bill Belichick? Supposedly it was a mutual decision for him to leave the Patriots but is he retired or looking? Would he settle for a DC job?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
12 Jan 2024 10:45

Starting off:

man I really expected them to do a bit more due diligence on the process here

I know he was considered a favored successor, but at one point so was Josh McDaniels, so....

Gonna be really interesting seeing if all these defense-first HC candidates land in places where the most important task will be finding and developing the next QB

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

YoHoChecko wrote:
12 Jan 2024 16:06
man I really expected them to do a bit more due diligence on the process here

I know he was considered a favored successor, but at one point so was Josh McDaniels, so....

Gonna be really interesting seeing if all these defense-first HC candidates land in places where the most important task will be finding and developing the next QB
I agree, I am not a fan of this trend (if you can even call it that). Young defensive ex-player = not ideal imo. Actually forget youth and ex-player status, defensive coaches in general tend not to work out.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

That is now two local boys (Jerod Mayo, Mike Tomlin) from here in the Hampton Roads, Virginia district that are head coaches for NFL teams. I'd say that makes us the NFL coaching fertile crescent!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

It made sense for Mayo for the Pats. He has been in their system for so long and been faithful. But they had to replace a former DC as HC with a defensive guy, didn't they?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I see one blogger who is guessing (by his own admission) that Belicheck will be the next HC of the Falcons.

I am intrigued about that. Mainly, I think that Bill is one of those guys who LIVES for football. Can't say that about all the coaches and players. I'm sure he wants to be directly involved in on-the-field football operations in some way going forward. But does he have a connection to Atlanta?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
13 Jan 2024 10:24
I see one blogger who is guessing (by his own admission) that Belicheck will be the next HC of the Falcons.

I am intrigued about that. Mainly, I think that Bill is one of those guys who LIVES for football. Can't say that about all the coaches and players. I'm sure he wants to be directly involved in on-the-field football operations in some way going forward. But does he have a connection to Atlanta?
Arthur Blanks wallet is universal.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

How would you like to be the guy sitting down to interview Bill Belichick for your HC opening? I mean, seriously, WTF are you gonna ask him? Are you gonna even ask for a resume or playbook?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
16 Jan 2024 12:06
How would you like to be the guy sitting down to interview Bill Belichick for your HC opening? I mean, seriously, WTF are you gonna ask him? Are you gonna even ask for a resume or playbook?

I saw a meme that eluded to this, but this is almost totally Bill interviewing these teams. Not the other way around.
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Vegas odds on Belichick's head coaching destination... they don't like the odds if ATL doesn't hire him:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 190012007/
Atlanta Falcons (+150)
Not the head coach of an NFL team (+175)
Los Angeles Chargers (+400)
Washington Commanders (+500)
Any other NFL team (+800)
Tennessee Titans (+800)
Carolina Panthers (+1600)
New York Giants (+2500)
New Orleans Saints (+3000)
New York Jets (+5000)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Labrev wrote:
16 Jan 2024 13:26
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Well Mr. er, Beli...chick is it? We like our employees to work their way up the ladder. That way we know your a good fit and align with our work culture.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

"Mr. Belichick, it says here you were hired by the Jets, but then bailed after just one day. We here at Falcons of Atlanta LLC take attendance very seriously. If you're scheduled to work, you have to show up; it's not fair to the team if you don't. Are you capable of showing up when you're scheduled? Do you have reliable transportation?"
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

"Mr... err, Bellychic. We at the company are all about progress and innovation. We're chasing an upward trend towards the peak of our field. How does your post-COVID work history fit with that aim? In your CV, it's pointed out you had a hand in recent personnel selections. Do not worry, with us you could focus on your core work, HR will take care of the recruiting! Now, our workplace is inclusive, with talent of all backgrounds and ages. Considering your advanced experience in life, our workplace would be more than happy to support you in finding a nutritionist and personal trainer to assist you living a light and healthy life in and out of the workplace."

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

"Mr. Belichick we've got three high first round picks invested in offensive skill position players. How would you insure that they do not get overused? We see very little use of first round skill position players in your resume, so that's encouraging, but in what way would you uniquely choose to squander these players?"

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Seattle already planned an interview with the DC Quinn from Dallas. Didn't waste a moment.