Swipe Left or Right - DeVondre Campbell

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

What to do, what to do

Pre 6/1 Release/Trade - $10.7M in '24 cash savings, $2.6M '24 cap savings, clean books 25-27
69%
Post 6/1 Release/Trade - $10.7M in '24 cash savings, $10.6M '24 sap savings, $8M cap hit in '25
6%
Rework contract/kick can/pay cut
19%
Keep him as is, $10.7M in 24 cash, $14.2M cap hit, 2 years $17.75M contract remaining for 25 and 26.
6%

Total votes: 16

BF004
Reactions:

Swipe Left or Right - DeVondre Campbell

Post by BF004 »

image.png
image.png (67.97 KiB) Viewed 345 times

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Keep for 2024. Evaluate in a year. That said he has looked really bad the last 2 seasons.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Cut him. I might have been willing to bring him to 'camp and see if he can get back to 2021 form, but I am not willing to bet $10m on him.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

We will know in the next 12 days what we will be doing:
image.png
image.png (13.7 KiB) Viewed 332 times
Doesn't make sense to cut him after his roster bonus.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I think it's best to just cut ties now. New DC, new scheme, get a youngster in there who can learn and grow within the system as it's being implemented. Campbell shined bright in his first year here but has been just a guy since. If "just a guy" is good enough, replace him with another "just a guy" at a quarter the cost.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Mar 2024 11:10
We will know in the next 12 days what we will be doing:image.png

Doesn't make sense to cut him after his roster bonus.
Didn’t realize that roster bonus was due so soon.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I’m ready to just cut him now.

So turned off by the ’not gunna play hurt anymore because people on social media say I play bad’ schtick. Just seems so out of touch on priorities.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Cut. He's not going to magically get his speed back at 30 years old
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Don’t care about social media if the guy can play. He can’t, anymore. Rip the bandaid now.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Arguably one of the best offseason additions in recent Packers history. Unfortunately, injuries and Father Time didn't let the impact last.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
03 Mar 2024 11:59
I’m ready to just cut him now.

So turned off by the ’not gunna play hurt anymore because people on social media say I play bad’ schtick. Just seems so out of touch on priorities.
frustration cause people to blurt out stuff they don't mean, I never took what he said as any more then just that, also never saw him play half heartedly, this just seems like another bad result of kicking contract money into the future, and finally feeling the result of it.

the dead money is less in 2025 if we think he cam earn what he'll get this year :idn:

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I think he’s for sure a Packer this year, probably won’t be next without a turnaround.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Easy release. He had one amazing all pro year but outside of that in his career he’s been mediocre at best. On top of that he’s an again veteran whose game has always relied on his athleticism over his instincts and physicality.

LBs should be easily replaceable. It’s a cheap FA position and they typically fall in the draft. No reason to be paying a premium for again and declining players.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Mar 2024 10:21
Keep for 2024. Evaluate in a year. That said he has looked really bad the last 2 seasons.
I voted to get rid of him but part of me IS curious if he would do better in a "make the thinking easy on our players" system.

He has looked slow and sapped of athleticism the past two years and injuries really look to have taken their toll (he used to be freaky athletic).

But there's a chance that he also (or mostly) is not suited to a primary field general and thinking role. His problem in Atlanta was always assignments and discipline. He came here and had a good year and was quoted saying that he finally came to a system that asked him to do what he did best. So maybe that has shifted and if it changes, he can be useful.

I lean against that. But I see the case for "give it a year"

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

One thing for sure if he sticks on the roster. He will get plenty of snaps. You don't pay a guy that much and then let him ride pine, even if someone better is behind him.

I do think there are teams that would let an inferior guy with his stature play more than an ascending player. But I don't think the Packers are one of those teams.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I also typically just swipe right until I max out my swipes and see what came to me when I wake up sober in the morning.
Cancelled by the forum elites.