Rank the Roster 2024: #19

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the next two best players on the Packers

Poll ended at 30 May 2024 20:41

AJ Dillon
3%
Josh Myers
3%
Eric Stokes
15%
TJ Slaton
No votes
Kingsley Enagbare
No votes
Tucker Kraft
21%
Jordan Morgan
6%
Javon Bullard
6%
MarShawn Lloyd
3%
Carrington Valentine
15%
Karl Brooks
No votes
Edgerrin Cooper
12%
Rasheed Walker
15%
Sean Rhyan
No votes
Colby Wooden
No votes
Ty'Ron Hopper
No votes
Evan Williams
No votes
Andre Dillard
No votes
Sean Clifford
No votes

Total votes: 33

Waldo
Reactions:

Rank the Roster 2024: #19

Post by Waldo »

Rank The Roster: 2024 Edition

1. Jordan Love (53%)[+8]
2. Rashan Gary (36%)[+3]
3. Jaire Alexander (48%)[-2]
4. Zach Tom (27%)[+13]
5. Kenny Clark (33%)[-1]
6. Xavier McKinney (35%)[FA]
7. Elgton Jenkins (47%)[-1]
8. Josh Jacobs (43%)[FA]
9. Jayden Reed (36%)[+18]
10T. Christian Watson (24%)[-2]
10T. Dontayvion Wicks (24%)[+21]
12T. Preston Smith (27%)[-2]
12T. Devonte Wyatt (27%)[+4]
14. Quay Walker (40%)[--]
15. Luke Musgrave (28%)[+7]
16T. Romeo Doubs (26%)[-1]
16T. Lukas Van Ness (26%)[+2]
18. Keisean Nixon (25%)[-1]
19. Current (xx%)[--]

Percent of vote the winner got will be in parenthesis, position change vs. 2023 will be in brackets.

Here's how this works:

Each day there is a new thread/poll, starting at #1, on down to whereever we get. The whole point of this exercise is to have something to talk about in the lean news months to carry us to camp. Each poll will be open for voting for 24 hours. New threads will only be created on weekdays. Ties will cause a runoff poll. You may vote up to TWO players (a change that was made mid-poll last year, seemed to work well).

Simply voting is not enough!

Post why you voted for who you did and provide a player to add to the next poll (every poll will be a list of 15-20 guys, new players added in bunches every few days).

Here's the thing. There is no criteria. This is an exercise to foster discussion therefore there are no clear criteria for ranking. Who is better right now? Who will have the best season? Who was better last year? Sort of a combo of them all? Do you take positional value into account? It really doesn't matter.

Previous Years:
Rank the Roster: 2023
Rank the Roster: 2022
Rank the Roster: 2021
Rank the Roster: 2020
Rank the Roster: 2014-2019

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Looking at the last thread, I wasn't sure who Dillard was. Looks like he's an ex-1st round OT of the Eagles, started 10 games last year for the Titans. They signed him just before the draft. He has to be in the starting competition somewhere on the OL too.

I'll go Stokes and Jordan Morgan here. Its late for our first rounder to be coming off the board, especially when 3 rookies are a near lock for a lot of playing time.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Waldo wrote:
29 May 2024 20:46
I'll go Stokes and Jordan Morgan here. It’s late for our first rounder to be coming off the board, especially when 3 rookies are a near lock for a lot of playing time.
Positionally, you’re on target. Player-wise, though, you’re a mess. :lol:

I assume you have Morgan beating out Walker to break the starting lineup…?

Valentine and Walker for me.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I’m going Bullard and Cooper. Both are in line to play close to 100% of the defensive snaps if they stay healthy. Bullard should especially not come off the field as the teams likely 2nd best safety and probably 2nd best nickel.

Meanwhile Cooper is too athletic and just needs to beat McDuffie for a starting spot. I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts to push Walker either.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Kraft cheese man!

Then ?? -!

Honestly the next tier is like 10 different guys for me. I think Walker might be at the top of the list, though. LT is a premium position and I am convinced it is still his to lose.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

APB wrote:
29 May 2024 21:03
Waldo wrote:
29 May 2024 20:46
I'll go Stokes and Jordan Morgan here. It’s late for our first rounder to be coming off the board, especially when 3 rookies are a near lock for a lot of playing time.
Positionally, you’re on target. Player-wise, though, you’re a mess. :lol:

I assume you have Morgan beating out Walker to break the starting lineup…?

Valentine and Walker for me.
Walker is my #1 pick. He is the starter because he earned it last season. He is much better than Morgan on opening day and he will still be the better player, baring injury, in January. LT is arguably a higher value position than either the 2nd ILB or the 2nd safety.

As far as I am concerned, Stokes and Valentine are tossups. I went with Valentine this time rather than with Stokes. Maybe I will swap them on #20 since there is a strong possibility that neither come off the board at #19. Of course if logic prevails and Walker comes off the board I can pick both of the CB's at #20.

There are a bunch who should be on deck. Stokes, Bullard, Cooper, Lloyd, Myers, Brooks, Engabare and Kraft in that order but without much distance between them. Bullard, Cooper and Myers are almost locks as starters.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Walker and Marshawn Lloyd.
Walker played well last year and I think Morgan will be kicked inside.

As good as Jacobs should be Lloyd is going to earn some big snaps. I'll throw him in there even though he's not going to win the spot.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Stokes/Cooper. Anyone that voted Kraft is just wrong. WRONG I TELL YOU!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Packfntk wrote:
30 May 2024 10:01
Stokes/Cooper. Anyone that voted Kraft is just wrong. WRONG I TELL YOU!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Kraft and Sheed. Your mom is wrong.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Packfntk wrote:
Go to your room and think about what you have done!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 May 2024 10:05
Packfntk wrote:
Go to your room and think about what you have done!
Attachments
image.png
image.png (96.43 KiB) Viewed 293 times
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

and

Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Stokes is going to kick some ass. We all know that only first rounders matter.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

7 votes for a player that wont see half the snaps of Morgan, has everyone gone bat chit crazy, is there even a smidge of sanity left? :rotf: :rotf:

I'll continue to vote for Morgan, no way that kid isn't starting game 1, I'll pray for increased gray matter for you folks :lol: