Ha Ha Released - And Other NFL Releases

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Cdragon
Reactions:

Ha Ha Released - And Other NFL Releases

Post by Cdragon »

Todd Archer
@toddarcher
Signed in March to a one-year deal worth $3.75 million, veteran safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix was released by the Cowboys Thursday, according to multiple sources. Clinton-Dix was guaranteed $2.25 million as part of the deal but his release opens $1.5 million... https://es.pn/3i0n6TZ
4:51 PM · Sep 3, 2020
It had been reported that Clinton-Dix was not performing well in practice and that he had been passed on the depth chart by journeyman safety Darian Thompson. The former first-round pick in Green Bay under current Cowboys head coach Mike McCarthy seemed to be struggling, and for those who have followed his career closely it should not come as a surprise.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I just remember how good we thought he was going to be in 2014.

Them Clinton-Dix #21 jerseys were everywhere in Green Bay.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
03 Sep 2020 20:30

He needs to be a box safety. He doesn’t have the range to be a free.

Still I never really got down with that pick. Limited athlete. His coverage on that 2pt conversion in Seattle was unforgivable and overshadowed by the idiocy of that swine Brandon Bumstick.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Post by Carl Gerbschmidt »

That's funny.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
03 Sep 2020 20:30

two players I thought had plenty of talent to be very good, Lacy and HHCD, imo both quit on themselves, where fine only making a few mil. versus a whole lot more had they given the game a 100%

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Bears fans were insufferable last offseason on twitter calling Haha better than Amos, pointing to things like pro bowls. Could do nothing but laugh and just say okay, at the time, and you’ll see eventually.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
04 Sep 2020 08:15
Bears fans were insufferable last offseason on twitter calling Haha better than Amos, pointing to things like pro bowls. Could do nothing but laugh and just say okay, at the time, and you’ll see eventually.
Peter Bukowski is relishing in the "I told you so's". He got his ass kicked by Bears fans last year.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Honestly, I've been trying to think of any sort of response here that wasn't an arrogant "I told you so," myself.

Haven't come up with one yet.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

HaHa wasn't a terrible player and its probably why is still around today. I do believe he took his foot off the gas, though, when he was worrying about his contract extension and at the NFL, I have to think its almost impossible to ever really recover from doing that. He is a smart guy and a pretty likable guy, but just one of those who plays football because he is good enough to. Not because he really wants it. Those guys usually never end up career superstars.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
04 Sep 2020 08:26
BF004 wrote:
04 Sep 2020 08:15
Peter Bukowski is relishing in the "I told you so's". He got his ass kicked by Bears fans last year.
He is going to be the monday host of locked on NFL now as well. I prefer Andy Herman as a podcast host, but not by much and Andy only hosts like once a week now, so Bukowski on lockedon packers is the best in the biz right now by a good margin.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
04 Sep 2020 10:52
so Bukowski on lockedon packers is the best in the biz right now by a good margin.
He gets stuck on certain things and that drives me a little bit nuts, but yeah, compared to the alternatives...

Read More. Post Less.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

We could have let him go for so much more. Never was a fan. Shouldn't have taken Woodson's number. Just...no.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
05 Sep 2020 07:54
It's like some sort of disease has stricken NFL safety's :lol: possibly a contagion spread from unemployed department store workers getting that extra 600 a week to stay home :lol:

HHCD : hey man I can bust my butt and play hard for 2.5 mil. Orrrrr, I can lay on the couch for 1.5 and order in popeyes chicken, and wait for some other team to sweeten the pot.

I think Dix can play better then he has, he showed that for us his first couple seasons, but imo he wants to be payed first to do so, to me that is the new standard in the game, instead of first earning the pay, some athletes now expect to be first paid big kajinga for them to play there best.

Dix was good enough to bench Hyde by the 5th game of his rookie season, and was either making the tackles, assisting with one, or right there as the play ended with almost every play, and he did that pretty consistently his first 2 seasons, his 3rd and till cut in his 4th season he looked like a player avoiding injury.

also felt Dix was a product of scheme, Capers or his DB coach seemed to want him not to gamble, not to jump routes, instead to backup the CB's and other defenders, which is actually what a single high safety is suppose to do, and he did that to the tune of 5 picks his second year along with about 85 tackles or so, Dix showed he had the talent at that point.

Yoho, the best safety in league history is/was slower then Dix, so I disagree about this stuff people say that Dix was to slow to play FS, getting to the ball on schedule is mostly about reaction and commiting to that, and his 3rd and 4th seasons he had two edge corners that couldn't cover a bet, so now if your single high, tasked with not letting anything past you, which of those two often toasted CB's should you commit to back up, my point is those things cost time to make that commitment, so it's easy to blame the safety when over looking these reality's, imo Dix forced a trade, didn't get the money he wanted from the skins and because he didn't give it his best effort his skills have eroded, thats my impression anyway.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

NCF wrote:
04 Sep 2020 08:50
HaHa wasn't a terrible player and its probably why is still around today. I do believe he took his foot off the gas, though, when he was worrying about his contract extension and at the NFL, I have to think its almost impossible to ever really recover from doing that. He is a smart guy and a pretty likable guy, but just one of those who plays football because he is good enough to. Not because he really wants it. Those guys usually never end up career superstars.
Honestly, HaHA never was a hitter coming out of college. I think after a year or two in the NFL getting hit by next level guys... and that was enough for him. You saw it in his game every year from there on out, if the WR/TE catches the ball it was like HaHa was just trying to bubble him instead of making the play.
RIP JustJeff

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

Damarious Randell also released by the Raiders. Two of our bigger recent first round busts.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

mnpackerbacker wrote:
05 Sep 2020 10:00
Damarious Randell also released by the Raiders. Two of our bigger recent first round busts.
Welcome to the forum!!

Read More. Post Less.