Green Bay Packers @ New Orleans Saints GDT - 9/27 - 7:20 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who you got?

Packers put up 40+ again
35%
Brees can't throw 40+ anymore
32%
MVS with two catches of 40+ yards
11%
We hold Kamara to under 40+ yards
No votes
Rodgers is still our QB at 40+ years old
22%

Total votes: 37

BF004
Reactions:

Green Bay Packers @ New Orleans Saints GDT - 9/27 - 7:20 CST

Post by BF004 »

:packers: Green Bay Packers @ :saints: New Orleans Saints

Sunday, September 27, 2020 - 12:00 CST

Mercedes-Benz Superdome

TV:

Weather:

Dope Sheet:

JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Bears 17

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I saw somewhere that Tirico was going to do play-by-play instead of Al Michaels in this game for some reason.

I kind of don't like New Orleans coming off a loss, but they sure look ripe for the picking, here.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
23 Sep 2020 09:27
I saw somewhere that Tirico was going to do play-by-play instead of Al Michaels in this game for some reason.

I kind of don't like New Orleans coming off a loss, but they sure look ripe for the picking, here.
I was sort of hoping that new Orleans came back and forced overtime and then lost in overtime--just an emotionally exhausting game that's tough to re-gain the juice and endurance after... but yeah; I think it's fine.

I genuinely think we win if Kenny Clark plays and lose if he doesn't. Which is the over-simplification I'm flying with this week.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

We can absolutely beat them. I thought we were the better team in 2019 and I know for sure our offense has improved in 2020.

The big question mark for me is our defense and how they play. New Orleans does a lot of trick plays with Taysom Hill and the Saints also ride the production of Kamara who is more dangerous than Dalvin Cook.

I think matchup-wise they pose a challenge to us. Especially if we don't have Kenny Clark.

I also get nervous about our interior line against their Dline which is probably the best front we have faced this year.

I want to be confident but also recognize our poor performance on prime time Sunday Night Games on the road against "premier" NFC opponents outside of the North.

However, this is not like ordinary road games.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think it would it be interesting if someone could get a win/loss record on Sunday Night Football when on the road against a non NFC North opponent since 2012.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
23 Sep 2020 09:48
I think it would it be interesting if someone could get a win/loss record on Sunday Night Football when on the road against a non NFC North opponent since 2012.
That's baseball level niche statistic

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

BF004 wrote:
23 Sep 2020 09:12
Sunday, September 13, 2020 - 12:00 CST
might wanna double check the time/date on that one
IT. IS. TIME

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Sep 2020 09:53
go pak go wrote:
Well, pro-football-reference has moved their play index to some pay-service called stathead as of last week, so not even 23 is likely to be able to pop in with this information nugget for ya

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
go pak go wrote:
I think there is relevance. Primarily to set an expectation of how these types of games usually go.

Mid-week we as fans are all pumped and jacked because THIS IS THE TIME WE SHOW THE WORLD WHO WE ARE.

And then we go on the road to a premiere opponent and lay an egg and this forum has the largest traffic of the year as everyone comes out of the bushes to complain and say, (we showed the world who we are). "I told you so. We have no talent. Everybody could see it. Team X used their resources to get better and we used it on a quarterack we may hope to use in 2025 etc, etc."

For the most part, these types of games are really hard to win and I try to remember this more and more as time goes on so my mood doesn't get gashed as much.

That said...I think we have a great shot this Sunday.
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
23 Sep 2020 10:32
And then we go on the road to a premiere opponent and lay an egg and this forum has the largest traffic of the year as everyone comes out of the bushes to complain and say, "I told you so. We have no talent. Everybody could see it. Team X used their resources to get better and we used it on a quarterack we may hope to use in 2025 etc, etc."
:lol: :lol:

#nailedit

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BSA wrote:
23 Sep 2020 10:04
BF004 wrote:
23 Sep 2020 09:12
Sunday, September 13, 2020 - 12:00 CST
might wanna double check the time/date on that one
I totally screwed this one up, I had the Vikings GDT thread open to edit and a new tab for a new post, I ended up mostly editing the Vikings GDT OP and overwrote that whole thing. :thwap:

So then like half had to splice the two back to together.

Who wants to make the GDT next week? :mrgreen:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Saints are a good, well-coached team with a pretty balanced roster, so this will be a tough matchup. But Brees does seem to be declining, and as the QB goes, so goes the team -- both still damn good, but neither scare me quite as much as they would have in past seasons. I think we win this one.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Labrev wrote:
23 Sep 2020 11:11
Saints are a good, well-coached team with a pretty balanced roster, so this will be a tough matchup. But Brees does seem to be declining, and as the QB goes, so goes the team -- both still damn good, but neither scare me quite as much as they would have in past seasons. I think we win this one.
what about leading the NFL in penalty yards makes them seem well-coached?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I’m getting vibes like when we played the Eagles last season where everyone said they were done or in trouble and they came out playing hard. Everyone is talking about how bad the Saints look. I expect them to come out firing and giving us everything they got.

If we come out hot and shut that energy down and make them doubt themselves early I think we win. I expect Clark not to play and I also expect Payton not to be the idiot the previous two teams were. He’s going to hit us with the run and keep going until we do something about it. The run defense needs to come to play without its best player.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yeah kind of a tough break playing them after an embarrassing loss. They will be fired up. But I just don’t fear them. We may lose, but it’s more likely we continue to be able to read the writing on the wall....

1) this is an undisciplined team
2) brees is washed
3) will be nice if Thomas doesn’t play
4) and like was previously stated, we need to study what LV did on O and exploit some of the same things.
5) I’ve always said a loud dome is nearing an unfair advantage for a team. That dome full and rocking on Sunday night could have tilted things their way, but without I see that being a big break for any team that plays there.

On the negatives thei DL is solid and kamara seems like a matchup nightmare to me. If we lose I expect it to be because of those two factors.

I’m excited to see the pack in prime time!!
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Sep 2020 10:26
YoHoChecko wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Well, pro-football-reference has moved their play index to some pay-service called stathead as of last week, so not even 23 is likely to be able to pop in with this information nugget for ya
$%@# NUGGET!! Damn them!! I might even pay the $8 a month because I use that all the time!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Sep 2020 12:10
YoHoChecko wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

$%@# NUGGET!! Damn them!! I might even pay the $8 a month because I use that all the time!
I was actually had the query up and ready to go myself, then saw that pay &%$@ on there.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

NCF wrote:
23 Sep 2020 09:27
saw somewhere that Tirico was going to do play-by-play instead of Al Michaels in this game for some reason.
Al Michaels has 3 bye weeks built into his limited-travel schedule this year.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2020 ... le-tafoya/
IT. IS. TIME

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Sep 2020 12:10
YoHoChecko wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

I went to look it up, too, as I noticed you were not around this morning and was surprised, as well.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

image.png
image.png (34.21 KiB) Viewed 451 times
Yoop wrote: