Packers @ Colts GDT 3:25 Sunday 11/22/20

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Packers @ Colts GDT 3:25 Sunday 11/22/20

Post by BF004 »

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Packers and Colts right next to one another in these rankings, which are mainly aimed at the betting world
Colts have played the 32nd ranked schedule, so don't get too bedazzled by their lofty offensive/defensive rankings
After all, they did manage to lose to the Jags

http://sagarin.com/sports/nflsend.htm
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

packers.com dope sheet here

https://www.packers.com/news/packers-go ... the-colts

* It is the Packers' fifth regular-season game at Indianapolis, and Green Bay is looking for its first victory. (IT IS TIME)

* The Packers are facing their third AFC opponent of the season, having previously defeated the Houston Texans in Week 7 and the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 10. Dating back to 2019, Green Bay is 5-1 against AFC opponents, an .833 winning percentage that is tied for No. 1 in the NFL over that span (New Orleans, 5-1, .833).

IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Their offensive line is really, really good. Quenton Nelson is the best guard in the league.

Their defense is also really good. I think this is going to be really tough game.

Essentially we just need to split our AFC games and win our NFC games. This isn't a MUST win. But obviously we really want to get it.

Phillip Rivers has always played really well vs the Packers. I also believe the only time we have beaten the Colts since like 2000 was 2008 at Lambeau.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Core player returns from core injury. :clap:

IT. IS. TIME

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Should be a good game. Another team that likes to be physical, really just hope we can step up and match them in that aspect of the game. Also hope the game is on my local tv...it’s either gonna be this game or the crappy Dallas game.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

As good as there ol is they dont really scare anyone with their running game or pass attack. The weapons are not there. Both backs average under 4 a carry and the wrs dont have td catches. Such a weird offense.

The d is good. No field tilters but a unit that is assignment sure and plays smart. Top 3 against run pass and scoring.

It will be a challenge but a good game plan and maybe some intensity and the pack win this game. We are on the road and dogs. It means we win going away. Haha

28-20 pack

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
17 Nov 2020 20:40
As good as there ol is they dont really scare anyone with their running game or pass attack. The weapons are not there. Both backs average under 4 a carry and the wrs dont have td catches. Such a weird offense.

The d is good. No field tilters but a unit that is assignment sure and plays smart. Top 3 against run pass and scoring.

It will be a challenge but a good game plan and maybe some intensity and the pack win this game. We are on the road and dogs. It means we win going away. Haha

28-20 pack
I’d put Darius Leonard in the “field tilter” category. Dude is instinctive and can run. He makes their defense go.

I don’t expect a big game from Aaron Jones in large part because of Leonard. Dude is a baller.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/d ... -s-so-good

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Word is Lazard didn't practice last Friday.

Lazard was activated because he had to. I don't think it is a given he is suiting up on Sunday.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

APB wrote:
18 Nov 2020 06:00
Backthepack4ever wrote:
17 Nov 2020 20:40

28-20 pack
I’d put Darius Leonard in the “field tilter” category. Dude is instinctive and can run. He makes their defense go.

I don’t expect a big game from Aaron Jones in large part because of Leonard. Dude is a baller.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/d ... -s-so-good
Have we seen a good gameplan against a good to great team yet? i think we win but it will be just as likely that we did by trashing the gameplan in the 3rd Q.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

seems every team we struggle against has a great ILB, so it would seem wise to invest in a great ILB, I know I'am being redundent, for about a decade now some of us have been ragging on and on about this, yet the FO has acted so stubborn with there refusal to aquire one, instead the position is used to save money for the perceived GLAMOUR positions like edge rushers and CB's.

must have read at least a half doz articles about Rodgers getting the ball out in under 2.5 count, our FO acts like he's the only QB and Lafluer the only coach scheming uptempo to beat the pass rush, defenses across the league are now using a 5 and 6 DB package over 60% of the time simply because the pass rush cant beat that 2.5 count, seems folly not to improve the ILB position to increase the coverage ability.

and this stuff didn't just start now, been happening for years, if the coverage can't take away the first couple route reads the pass rush will be negated, why spend so much on pass rushers and basically leave the middle of the field wide open as we have been doing, just drives me insane.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
17 Nov 2020 19:50
Their offensive line is really, really good. Quenton Nelson is the best guard in the league.

Their defense is also really good. I think this is going to be really tough game.

Essentially we just need to split our AFC games and win our NFC games. This isn't a MUST win. But obviously we really want to get it.

Phillip Rivers has always played really well vs the Packers. I also believe the only time we have beaten the Colts since like 2000 was 2008 at Lambeau.
Agreed on most counts.

Also agree with the post mentioning that Lazard isn't necessarily cleared to play yet, but hope he does.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

This is the first game this year where I don't expect the Packers to win coming in.

Now my expectations are worthless because I expected easy victories vs Tampa and Minnesota. Seriously.

But this is the type of team that gives us trouble. This is the type of team that Rodgers can't execute against and that in turn gets us behind because we can't stop the run and the cycle continues.

This is a really good test for this football team. I am glad we are playing them.

Colts 31
Packers 24
Yoop wrote:

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

I think we can match up fine. They are a good team yes but the firepower and weapons arent there in O. Hines and Taylor average under 4 a carry. Thats bad. T.y has yet to have 100 yard game or a td. Pittman was good last week and they do use their tes. Rivers has been up and down this year. Hes just ok at this point but yes he has killed the packers in recent memory

The packers biggest hurdle imo will be playcalling on both sides. We were way to vanilla on offense. Almost like ML plating scared. It was a bad game plan.

The d needs to get after rivers. If we rush 3 and 4 and they cant get home they will pick us apart. Hit that statue early and make him rush throws.

It will be a good game and a great test to see where this team stands

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I agree this is a great barometer game. They are NOT as good as the teams that usually spank us, but they DO have some of the same qualities. Mainly just a decent secondary, with an elite linebacker (Leonard), and an elite DLmen (Buckner). They do not run the ball exceptionally well, but they will try I am sure.

They do have a nice record, but look at their wins and how they won the games: Close wins vs Bears and bengals. They spanked the Jets, Lions, Vikings (When they sucked in week 2), and Titans (Thursday night, good win though).

And they have lost to pretty much every "Good" team they have played...Browns and Ravens...as well as a week one loss to the Jags.

I guess my point is that if we really think we are a number one seed...we should win this game.

If we really think we can navigate the NFC Playoffs and have a chance to win the super bowl...we should win this game.

If we are just a team that is going to make the playoffs and make a quick exit after maybe one win max..we will lose this game.

You dont ever want to gage too much from one game, but after the sloppiness of the Jags game, This game getting flexed to the afternoon window, and what is on the line for both teams in terms of playoff seedings...i think it is a good game to show us who we really might be. They are a good team, not world beaters.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yeah, Packers from weeks 1 through 4 beat this team fairly easily. Packers of weeks 5 through 9 will struggle.

We've seen the ceiling of this team, and we've seen its vulnerabilities. This is the sort of game where we should hope to see a ceiling-type game re-emerge to get back on track and show our worthiness of our record. But it's also the sort of game that our vulnerabilities could cost us if we haven't gotten some of that ironed out. If Lazard is really back this week (not, like, back like Adams was at the end of the Jags game) and if Adams is actually healthy, I feel good about maybe getting back in sync.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

A month ago, I expected a victory in Indy easily.

I don't expect that right now. As DrJ says, if we want to go and be who we want to be, we will win this game. But the last 4 weeks has shown this team isn't that top team we maybe thought it was in September and October.

I really hope this is the "get on track" game. But until they prove me otherwise, I just can't be confident about this game.

I put the Colts in line with that 3rd tier in the AFC.

Steelers and Chiefs are tops.
Bills, Ravens are next.
Colts, Raiders
Dolphins, Titans, Browns
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

so much of what was successful the first 4 games was not scouted or game planned to stop it back then, however it's now the blue print to stop us, take away Adams and Jones and force the others to beat them, it's worked for us a couple times and hasn't against the better defenses, good explanation of our problems

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sport ... 712238001/

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
18 Nov 2020 12:30
so much of what was successful the first 4 games was not scouted or game planned to stop it back then, however it's now the blue print to stop us, take away Adams and Jones and force the others to beat them, it's worked for us a couple times and hasn't against the better defenses, good explanation of our problems

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sport ... 712238001/
I'm not 100% sure I buy that take. The offense was running SO much like the 49ers' and to a lesser extent the Rams, plus related to what we ran last year, that it's tough to say that teams figured it out--especially when figuring it out means learning to stop our two best skill players--that's probably the default.

I think it's more that we have a VERY limited number of players who can consistently make up the difference, so losing several of them for pieces at a time created a much bigger dropoff.

Jones, Adams, and Lazard are almost never healthy together. Deguara and Lewis gave the TE position more flexibility. The OLine has been musical chairs.

For me the question is more: does getting our guys back healthy make the offense click like a switch? Or do we have to wait for the chemistry and connections to re-gel?

Because I think Adams, Lazard, Jones, Lewis, and our starting OL will all be in place for Indy; if it's back like magic, we're in good shape. If it takes time to get back on the same page and re-adjust, then we might be muddling through

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I will fight the notion that we are very limited after our top 3 playmakers are out or taken out of the fold. I mean what team honestly can't say that?

I actually have been impressed with this offense. Like super impressed. We have seen Tonyan, Jones, Adams, MVS, Lazard, JWill all step up as the top playmaker this year when it has been needed.

And Tonyan and Sternberger would be higher in the fold if not for Rodgers missing his throws to them.

I think the only real thing I see from this team is our offense is completely unstoppable if Aaron Jones is having a big game. Because then you sprinkle in Adams and the rest of the playmakers and this team just can't be stopped. And it makes sense. Jones is easy yards, easy stick moving and easy production.

It seems the most common thread in our losses in the MLF era is the opponents stopped Jones cold or Jones wasn't playing. But at the same time, we have also won a few games without Jones or without a productive Jones. But I don't think we have ever lost a game with a productive Jones in the MLF era.
Yoop wrote: