2021 Season Opponents

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

2021 Season Opponents

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I couldn't resist looking ahead to 2021 for a minute. Trying to be optimistic that Lambeau Field will be open for fan attendance in 2021. Alas......Have you all seen the list of 2021 opponents? The home schedule is the best I can recall. Would be nice if Dallas wins the East so McCoach would be able to bring it to Lambeau in 2021?

https://fbschedules.com/nfl-2021/team/green-bay-packers

Home: Bears, Lions, Vikings, Seahawks, Steelers, Rams, Browns, NFC East
Away: Bears, Lions, Vikings, Cardinals, Ravens, 49ers, Bengals, NFC South

GO PACK GO!!
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 05 Dec 2020 18:23, edited 2 times in total.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

No idea who wins the East, but the south looking Saints.

Looking like a damn tough schedule right now, although things change quickly.

But the NFC West and AFC South maybe two best divisions in football. Then toss in Nee Orleans.

Although the Saints might be pan fried noodles next year.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Isn't it kind of amazing how they came up with this scheduling formula to really balance things out and yet we can still end up playing in SF three years in a row?

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I am curious was that 17th game will be and if changes the current scheduling model or not.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
05 Dec 2020 08:02
Isn't it kind of amazing how they came up with this scheduling formula to really balance things out and yet we can still end up playing in SF three years in a row?
Yeah I never understood why they don't flip the Division Place NFC divisions around.

Because the Eagles would be in the same situation if they win the division this year by needing to play in GB 3 years in a row.

Like. Just flip the NFC south and NFC East. Although to be fair, you really can't predict "who the winners or division placements" will be.

For instance, if they were to flip in scenario above but the Bears and Saints won the division, they would be in the same situation.

So nevermind. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

It's also very possible that our 2021 schedule will feature another game against an AFC opponent, either home or away, against Kansas City, Buffalo, or Tennessee/Indy.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pack ... 0fourth%2D

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
05 Dec 2020 08:09
It's also very possible that our 2021 schedule will feature another game against an AFC opponent, either home or away, against Kansas City, Buffalo, or Tennessee/Indy.

I have always thought that was the best approach and the best way to get more "premier" matchups vs teams we hardly play. Having the revolving AFC same division standing rotating schedule.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
05 Dec 2020 08:12
NCF wrote:
05 Dec 2020 08:09

I have always thought that was the best approach and the best way to get more "premier" matchups vs teams we hardly play. Having the revolving AFC same division standing rotating schedule.
Would also be the perfect game, for the reasons you stated, to use in their international series in London, Mexico, Canada... etc.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I think there should just be 16 games at neutral fields each year.

Toronto, a few in London, Mexico City, other places as well, Gyna, Japan, Spain, could even do canton, rosebowl. Lambeau, NY, LA Chicago games, etc.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
05 Dec 2020 08:20
I think there should just be 16 games at neutral fields each year.

Toronto, a few in London, Mexico City, other places as well, Gyna, Japan, Spain, could even do canton, rosebowl. Lambeau, NY, LA Chicago games, etc.
So the Packers would still always have a 9th home game. :lol:
Yoop wrote:

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Be interesting to see if Brees calls it quits after having his rib cage smashed and his lung punctured. That would certainly change the NFC South landscape and our game in Naw Leans. Big Ben might call it a day as well if they win it all.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Cdragon wrote:
05 Dec 2020 14:47
Be interesting to see if Brees calls it quits after having his rib cage smashed and his lung punctured. That would certainly change the NFC South landscape and our game in Naw Leans. Big Ben might call it a day as well if they win it all.
I kind of assumed this was Brees's last year regardless. And I don't know how NO's could even afford him.
Yoop wrote:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
05 Dec 2020 06:39
I couldn't resist looking ahead to 2021 for a minute. Trying to be optimistic that Lambeau Field will be open for fan attendance in 2021. Alas......Have you all seen the list of 2021 opponents? The home schedule is the best I can recall. Would be nice if Dallas wins the East so McCoach would be able to bring it to Lambeau in 2021?

https://fbschedules.com/nfl-2021/team/green-bay-packers

Home: Bears, Lions, Vikings, Seahawks, Steelers, Rams, Browns, NFC East
Away: Bears, Lions, Vikings, Cardinals, Ravens, 49ers, Bengals, NFC South

GO PACK GO!!
At least we'll get the seachickens and Steelers at Lambeau...

When are we gonna get those damn 49ers at home?? :x

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Actually, fair chance we could have them at home in a month.

If SF gets in, they will likely be 7 seed, maybe 6 seed tops.

Pretty high probability we will be the 2 or 3 seed.

Only 1 game back on Arizona, I trust SF down the stretch more than I do Arizona.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 10:01
Actually, fair chance we could have them at home in a month.

If SF gets in, they will likely be 7 seed, maybe 6 seed tops.

Pretty high probability we will be the 2 or 3 seed.

Only 1 game back on Arizona, I trust SF down the stretch more than I do Arizona.
I just want to see the Cards and Rams split but I agree. I think MN, SF and even ATL have a much, much better shot then people are giving credit at this point.
Yoop wrote:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Saints won again. :argue:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
06 Dec 2020 16:43
Saints won again. :argue:
They'll lose to KC going away... if we take care of our business, we are the #1 seed. I'm pretty convinced.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yeah, Saints are lucking out with their schedule while Brees is hurt, but I can’t see Taysom beating Mahomes.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 18:47
Yeah, Saints are lucking out with their schedule while Brees is hurt, but I can’t see Taysom beating Mahomes.
I bet Brees is playing by that point.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
06 Dec 2020 20:24
BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 18:47
I bet Brees is playing by that point.
I'm interested to see what happens there. I mean, several broken ribs and a collapsed lung for a dude in his 40s? Like, I'm not sure how soon he'll be able to throw full steam. Gonna be a lot of pain even so. What if he comes back and doesn't look right. Does he get pulled for Hill? What a world.