LA Rams: What They're Saying

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

LA Rams: What They're Saying

Post by TheGreenMan »

Goff was a full participant at practice on Tuesday....Goff is starting!!
Prevent off-schedule bombs from AR.
Pressure and hit Rodgers consistently.
Akers must shine.
Clean game...limit turnovers and penalties
Red Zone TDS
Wolford makes plays running and passing

We can do this.
McVay said earlier today that the team isn’t leaving for Green Bay until Friday. I thought they should be there by Wed at the latest.
The only other time the Rams & Packers have played a Playoff game in Wisconsin was in 1967 but it was not in GB but in Milwaukee!! The next week the "Ice Bowl" was in Green Bay!! Milwaukee use to share Home games with Green Bay. Can't remember when that stopped!!!
Hate to be a Debbie downer, but does anyone really think we have a chance against the Packers?

The reality is we don't have a chance. Green Bay has had an extra week to rest and prepare. They are the home team playing in extremely cold weather.

On the Rams side, the already crappy Jared Goff has a broken thumb and is playing in the cold. Not that he would have made any difference anyway. Donald is hurt, Kupp is hurt, Henderson is hurt and our head coach is calling a lot of stupid plays right now.

I'm expecting a blowout in this one. I hate to say it, but it won't even be close. Packers 45 - Rams 16
Rams win because everybody thinks they will lose. Rodgers eats frozen grass all day , RAMS in an upset!!!
Of course theres a chance....But we have no LBs who will be able to cover Tonyon or whatever his name is, and hes a stud. Idk. Im not choosing a winner.
They BARELY squeaked by Jacksonville with a victory. If memory serves correct, the Jags ran up and down their defense with a rookie RB. Took some Rodgers heroics to pull out the victory in that one and Jacksonville is just as bad as the Jets were this year.
I take this as a good sign that the Pack don’t like what they are seeing along the O line.
To be clear, they’re desperate.(Veldheer signing)
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Like I usually do in the playoffs, browse other teams message boards. And usually we have a lot of fun with the Falcons, Cowboys, and Seahawks ones, but the Rams fans seem real down to earth (no surprise). Don't see anyone projecting any blowouts, however I do see a lot of them on the fence on who LA should start at QB. I personally think they're nuts if Goff isn't behind center, thumb and all. Akers isn't getting a lot of discussion either, and that dude might come to play Saturday. A lot of them not impressed with our wins down the stretch, and believe the Rams have the D to stop Rodgers, just concerned whether they can score enough points.

Well, I think the Rams have the D to stop Rodgers, which will give ample opportunity for their O to score. Are they able to keep him off the field though? Might be a different story.
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

I see some posters talking down LaFleur (with some praise from others), pointing out that McVay and LaFleur would "argue" when they were on the same coaching staff. I have no idea where that came from, but it's been said a couple of times.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

TheGreenMan wrote:
13 Jan 2021 12:49
They are the home team playing in extremely cold weather.
Saturday is going to be flip-flops weather.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I like whoever said this. :aok:
Hate to be a Debbie downer, but does anyone really think we have a chance against the Packers?

The reality is we don't have a chance. Green Bay has had an extra week to rest and prepare. They are the home team playing in extremely cold weather.

On the Rams side, the already crappy Jared Goff has a broken thumb and is playing in the cold. Not that he would have made any difference anyway. Donald is hurt, Kupp is hurt, Henderson is hurt and our head coach is calling a lot of stupid plays right now.

I'm expecting a blowout in this one. I hate to say it, but it won't even be close. Packers 45 - Rams 16
You lost to the Jets. And the 49ers. And the 49ers again. What's is up with this argument? :messedup:
They BARELY squeaked by Jacksonville with a victory. If memory serves correct, the Jags ran up and down their defense with a rookie RB. Took some Rodgers heroics to pull out the victory in that one and Jacksonville is just as bad as the Jets were this year.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I take this as a good sign that the Pack don’t like what they are seeing along the O line.
To be clear, they’re desperate.(Veldheer signing)
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah I think they were pretty wrong about the Jags assessment.

Here is how the Jags game really went down.

Jags score 20 points.

7 points came off a punt return for a TD
7 points came off a 15 yard TD pass after Davante Adams fumbled and gave the ball to the Jags inside the 20

Rodgers actually stunk. I would bet this was Rodgers 2nd worst game to TB all season and yet our team still won.
Last edited by go pak go on 13 Jan 2021 16:33, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Yeah, definitely disagree with the Jags thoughts too, but I wonder if they were talking Rodgers performance against the Jags D. And they expect more of a challenge for him with the Rams D. Other than that..... Yeah, no.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I always enjoy reading these, always weirdly ups my competitive spirit. Thanks for bringing this. :aok:

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

BF004 wrote:
13 Jan 2021 17:43
I always enjoy reading these, always weirdly ups my competitive spirit. Thanks for bringing this. :aok:
Definitely. Some teams boards are just not as entertaining as others though. I think my favorite one was the 2016 playoffs game against Dallas. Those Dallas fans were so confident. :lol:
RIP JustJeff

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

they can bring up Jacksonville if they wish, but if my team lost to the previously winless Jets just a few weeks ago, I would probably re think that.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

TheGreenMan wrote:
13 Jan 2021 12:54
Like I usually do in the playoffs, browse other teams message boards. And usually we have a lot of fun with the Falcons, Cowboys, and Seahawks ones, but the Rams fans seem real down to earth (no surprise). Don't see anyone projecting any blowouts, however I do see a lot of them on the fence on who LA should start at QB. I personally think they're nuts if Goff isn't behind center, thumb and all. Akers isn't getting a lot of discussion either, and that dude might come to play Saturday. A lot of them not impressed with our wins down the stretch, and believe the Rams have the D to stop Rodgers, just concerned whether they can score enough points.

Well, I think the Rams have the D to stop Rodgers, which will give ample opportunity for their O to score. Are they able to keep him off the field though? Might be a different story.
If I were on those message boards I would ask them if they watched us contain the All-Pro Henry a couple of weeks ago.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

TheGreenMan wrote:
13 Jan 2021 12:56
I see some posters talking down LaFleur (with some praise from others), pointing out that McVay and LaFleur would "argue" when they were on the same coaching staff. I have no idea where that came from, but it's been said a couple of times.
From every report I've heard McVay and MLF are good friends.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

mnpackerbacker wrote:
13 Jan 2021 18:01
they can bring up Jacksonville if they wish, but if my team lost to the previously winless Jets just a few weeks ago, I would probably re think that.
Yes, they shouldn't be bringing that up after they lost to the Jets at home. :lol:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

mnpackerbacker wrote:
13 Jan 2021 18:01
Their whole point I believe was, "yes we lost to the Jets, but Packers struggled with the Jaguars so any team can struggle vs a crap team"

We do the same thing on here all the time. Try to minimize our own failures and boost other teams' failures.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Rams 35- Pack 23.

Rams Defense will not fold in the cold. The Pack has not played us this year. Rodgers will not be throwing the ball long on us.

Goff will be fine.

Time for this team to step up.

Go Rams!
I'll agree with Rodgers not being able to throw the long ball. If we're going here, its going to be a blown coverage with MVS skating into the endzone. I'm expecting long, methodical drives
If a team that didn't practice and didn't have starting CBs, can beat the Steelers.
Then a number one defense can beat a team that's only strength is their QB. Just like they beat Seattle for the same reason.
Have no idea where this poster is going with this. What does the Browns/Steelers game have anything to do with an NFC matchup between the Rams and Pack? Seattle, and once again what do they have to do with Green Bay, has more than Wilson on the team. Much like Green Bay. This post is laugh worthy for sure.
I saw goff clap his hands to break a huddle . There isn't a godam thing wrong with his thumb
I do expect a Goff start too. :lol:
We don't have a chance. A well rested Packers team playing at home in the cold weather verses a banged up Rams team with a piece of garbage quarterback with a broken thumb. I'll be surprised if they don't win by 4 touchdowns or more. I love my Rams, but the reality is that we barely made the playoffs. We beat a Seahawks team that we should have already beaten twice this year, but we can't beat a good team. Not with Goff at QB.
Definitely think LA has a chance with the D, regardless of who they start at QB. So, disagree here.
First of all, no matter who the Rams play, I'm never going to say they are going to lose...As far as this game is concerned, I have said this multiple times on the forum. The Packers have had a lollipop schedule all season long and out of 13 wins only two of those teams they beat ended the season with a winning record...the Saints and the Titans. So 11 of there 13 wins were over teams that finish the regular season 500 or less. But ironically the 3 losses they had were by teams with winning records. To me that isnt a coincidence. They beat bad teams and padded there stats, but lose to good teams with winning records. Additionally, I didnt even mention the teams the Packers beat but struggled mightily (Jaguars, Panthers, and Lions).

I know these are just examples and they still have to play the game Saturday, but take a close look at the teams the Rams played this year and the teams the Packers played and it's like apples and oranges, it wasnt even close. Rams have a number one defense that Rodgers and the Packers have not faced all year long and I feel this game alone will send a message to the playoff world that the Rams are for real and defense does win championships. Rams will win this game and in the eyes of the media it will be an upset, but to me, it's a game they should have won because the Rams are the overall better team that have played and beat excellent teams throughout the season.

Rams. 30
Packers. 17
I count at least 6 of the Rams wins against teams that had losing records too. And an additional win over an 8-8 team. So, that makes 3 wins over teams above .500. Also, 4 of the 6 losses came from teams that didn't make the playoffs. Might not be the best example for sure :roll:
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah that makes no sense. If anything the NFC West benefited with an easy schedule. Especially because their own division (like AZ....benefited with wins due to playing the NFC East that they normally wouldn't have had)

Packers Wins (if you excluded the game vs the Packers) against teams with winning records: Bears twice, Titans, Saints (4 wins)
Rams Wins (if you excluded the game vs the Rams) against teams with winning records: Bears, Seahawks, Bucs, Cards twice (5 wins)
Yoop wrote:

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

go pak go wrote:
14 Jan 2021 13:28
Yeah that makes no sense. If anything the NFC West benefited with an easy schedule. Especially because their own division (like AZ....benefited with wins due to playing the NFC East that they normally wouldn't have had)

Packers Wins (if you excluded the game vs the Packers) against teams with winning records: Bears twice, Titans, Saints (4 wins)
Rams Wins (if you excluded the game vs the Rams) against teams with winning records: Bears, Seahawks, Bucs, Cards twice (5 wins)
Rams did have a tough schedule, based on the previous year, but Green Bay was pretty middle of the road - I don't think we had ourselves a cupcake schedule at all.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheGreenMan wrote:
14 Jan 2021 14:22
go pak go wrote:
14 Jan 2021 13:28

Rams did have a tough schedule, based on the previous year, but Green Bay was pretty middle of the road - I don't think we had ourselves a cupcake schedule at all.
The difference between the Rams and Packers is swap out the Saints and Bills for top tier teams. Swap out the Colts and Dolphins. And then we had the NFC North where they had the Hawks and Cards twice.

The NFC West though can also be viewed as overstated because they got 4 gimme's vs the NFC East. Honestly whenever we talk about the "Division that is so good..." it is usually because that division plays a super easy division. The NFC West has gotten that now two years in a row. They got the easy NFC South last year and easy NFC East this year. So that is 4 wins that gets credited to the NFC West each year that suddenly makes that division look really good.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I also don't think its insignificant the Rams lost twice to the 9ers. Gave up 23 and 24 to the 9ers. Garoppolo shredded them (23-33, 268 YDS, 3 TD) and Mullens beat them too. They also lost twice last year to the 9ers giving up 27 points per game.

Perhaps they struggle more against the Shanahan, McVay, LaFluer style offense.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

BF004 wrote:
14 Jan 2021 14:46
I also don't think its insignificant the Rams lost twice to the 9ers. Gave up 23 and 24 to the 9ers. Garoppolo shredded them (23-33, 268 YDS, 3 TD) and Mullens beat them too. They also lost twice last year to the 9ers giving up 27 points per game.

Perhaps they struggle more against the Shanahan, McVay, LaFluer style offense.
I thought of that too when looking at the wins and loses, but this also could be just one of those "rival" things where everything is at a different level. Play, intensity, makes it always feel like it's not just a regular game, anything can happen.

We've struggled with them too, up until we whooped their 4th stringers.
RIP JustJeff