Ted Thompson has passed away

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Ted Thompson has passed away

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wow, didn't even realize he was this sick, over all was a great GM, brought in a lot of talent, RIP TT.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Damn. Coming from Silverstein, it's probably true, but haven't seen anyone else pick up on this yet.

It's a little frightening/eye opening that he was our GM just 3 years ago.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

It's been widely suspected he hasn't been doing well. A damn shame. I know there are divided opinions on him, but I was a fan. He helped this team stay relevant and successful for a long time. RIP TT.
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

As a GM it don't matter what your opinion on him was, but Thompson bled this team. Nobody can deny that.

Hard RIP.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

What Paco said.

Every NFL exec has his ups and downs, Thompson was no exception, but he did far more things right than wrong.

Thank you, Ted, for being true to who you were, bleeding green and gold, and for the many successful Packer seasons you helped provide!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Too bad. Still fairly young. RIP TT!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I will always believe that Thompson started to lose his professional touch once this disease he had took hold of him which was during the spring of 2014 I believe.

Clearly it was brutal on him as it took him so young. I adored Ted Thompson. It is a shame he did not accomplish more because he was that good. Thank you Ted for everything you did for the Green Bay Packers and the game of football. You are a Packers icon and one I will always hold dear in my heart.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

go pak go wrote:
21 Jan 2021 11:22
I will always believe that Thompson started to lose his professional touch once this disease he had took hold of him which was during the spring of 2014 I believe.

Clearly it was brutal on him as it took him so young. I adored Ted Thompson. It is a shame he did not accomplish more because he was that good. Thank you Ted for everything you did for the Green Bay Packers and the game of football. You are a Packers icon and one I will always hold dear in my heart.
Yeah, really makes a lot of the final few years make a lot more sense.

So sad, I loved and adored Ted as well and I had a lot of fun defending him on these boards in the beginning years. I fondly remember the days when we were called TT bootlickers. :lol:

Win it for TT.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

WildeandTaush talking about Ted.

https://www.espn.com/radio/play/_/s/wkti-fm
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
21 Jan 2021 11:28
go pak go wrote:
21 Jan 2021 11:22

Yeah, really makes a lot of the final few years make a lot more sense.

So sad, I loved and adored Ted as well and I had a lot of fun defending him on these boards in the beginning years. I fondly remember the days when we were called TT bootlickers. :lol:

Win it for TT.
And Aaron Rodgers was Ted's Cabanana boy!!! :banana: :banana:
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

My favorite avatar on any Packers forum I believe was [mention]paco[/mention] 's where it was Ted Thompson with the Matrix numbers in the background.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
21 Jan 2021 11:38
My favorite avatar on any Packers forum I believe was @paco 's where it was Ted Thompson with the Matrix numbers in the background.
I should see if I can find that.
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Looking back, it is crazy how few of players Ted Thompson drafted in the first round (or first pick in the draft in Rd 2) who weren't either in the PAC10/12 or white. :lol: :lol:

I think Derreck Sherrod and HaHa Clinton Dix were it?
Last edited by go pak go on 21 Jan 2021 11:45, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

go pak go wrote:
21 Jan 2021 11:43
Looking back, it is crazy how few of players Ted Thompson drafted in the first round who weren't either in the PAC10/12 or white. :lol: :lol:

I think Derreck Sherrod and HaHa Clinton Dix were it?
BJ Raji.
Yoop wrote:

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

68, damn, too young. R.I.P. to a Real One, more fuel to the fire for our championship run.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

RIP. I appreciate the Super Bowl and bringing the single greatest player in the history of the sport in.
Cancelled by the forum elites.