Cole Van Lanen, OT, Wisconsin - Round 6 - Pick 214

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Cole Van Lanen, OT, Wisconsin - Round 6 - Pick 214

Post by paco »

triple-dipping the OL.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

This guy screams PS depth piece who you activate as the 7th OL for a game in which you're a little thin on the OL due to injuries to the starters or regular backups.

I put him on my list of guys to target in the 7th or UDFA... but then again a ton of my guys like that have been going in the 5th and 6th

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

COLLEGE
Wisconsin

HOMETOWN
Green Bay, WI

NFL TEAM
Green Bay Packers

If Cole went into football in order to travel and see the US, it's not working... :lol:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeah, welcome to the Priority Free Agent rounds. It's overkill at the position group, but 'need' kinda goes out the window in 6 and 7. Seems like a good IOL prospect, and he's probably thrilled to be a Packer as a Green Bay native.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

So what's his best position?

Mel "The Hair" Kiper says G or RT, but he looks stiff for a tackle to me
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

On the phone talking about how great it was to watch the Packers beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

They needed OT depth badly. I think Bak will be ready for the opener but Ive gotta think they keep him out camp and the preseason. The competition at swing tackle and guard is gonna be so interesting between last years interior class and this year OT class.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I love that we have a LT and twelve guards; a few guards can play Center and a few guards can play Tackle.

Versatility in spades; squatty, thick, bubbled spades

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

With all the attention at OL, it seems like they plan to have Love handing the ball to Jones and Dillon a lot next year. Not a bad plan.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

My insane dream is for this O-line to rival the 1990s Cowboys line. Maximum power! :mrgreen:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
01 May 2021 20:46
My insane dream is for this O-line to rival the 1990s Cowboys line. :mrgreen:
I have always been a lover of old school hard nose football. Play great d. Control the ball. Smash people in the trenches. Pound the Rock.

I know that’s not today’s game. But I have never loved the finess style we can become at times.

If Lafleur can steer this thing to how he says he wants to..where we are mean and tough up front and pound teams with 3 great backs...i would love it!
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
01 May 2021 20:45
With all the attention at OL, it seems like they plan to have Love handing the ball to Jones and Dillon a lot next year. Not a bad plan.
Absolutely. I mentioned to my buddy I was watching with that a ready-made, run-blocking center moved up the list with this news because we were going to have to be good at ruining the ball when teams expect us to run just as well as when they expect us to pass.

It helps the team regardless. But it’s more necessary if Love is the guy.

We have a VERY talented offense and scheme. It can be pretty good with an adequate starting QB. I’m still very apprehensive about Love being ready of forced in after two COVID offseasons. But we’re not a 5-win team with an average starter

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Same HS and college as raiders FB Alec Ingold, same HS my kids will attend. :aok:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

salmar80 wrote:
01 May 2021 16:10
COLLEGE
Wisconsin

HOMETOWN
Green Bay, WI

NFL TEAM
Green Bay Packers

If Cole went into football in order to travel and see the US, it's not working... :lol:
I think he is from Suamico, north of Green Bay. Went to Bay Port High School. That is at least a 12 minute drive to Lambeau. :lol: Lineville Road east a couple miles to Interstate 41 South about 6 or 7 miles to Lombardi Avenue, east a little less than a mile gets to 1265 Lombardi Avenue. This is the fastest route. My "high school sweetheart" that I dated for two years went there even though I went to Green Bay Southwest.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Drj820 wrote:
Bingo. Consistently looking at 2nd down and 4 is going to make Love look very good for the next 3 seasons.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheSkeptic wrote:
02 May 2021 03:55
Drj820 wrote:
Bingo. Consistently looking at 2nd down and 4 is going to make Love look very good for the next 3 seasons.
Man Sceptic. Couldn't help but think of you all weekend. You wanted Oline.

Gute got you Oline
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl wrote:
02 May 2021 01:00
salmar80 wrote:
01 May 2021 16:10
COLLEGE
Wisconsin

HOMETOWN
Green Bay, WI

NFL TEAM
Green Bay Packers

I think he is from Suamico, north of Green Bay. Went to Bay Port High School. That is at least a 12 minute drive to Lambeau. :lol: Lineville Road east a couple miles to Interstate 41 South about 6 or 7 miles to Lombardi Avenue, east a little less than a mile gets to 1265 Lombardi Avenue. This is the fastest route. My "high school sweetheart" that I dated for two years went there even though I went to Green Bay Southwest.
It all checks out. :P

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
02 May 2021 07:30
TheSkeptic wrote:
02 May 2021 03:55
Drj820 wrote:
Man Sceptic. Couldn't help but think of you all weekend. You wanted Oline.

Gute got you Oline
Not quite to the, if we don’t draft a tackle in the first round, everyone in the front office deserves to be fired, level, but 6 picks in two years with Bak and Elgton likely to be here for quite some time, should be pretty set down the road.