2022 Draft Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

2022 Draft Discussion

Post by BF004 »

What are we going to do with your two first and second rounders next year after we trade Aaron after winning the Super Bowl.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

LT, WR

Edge, ILB

Foundational picks.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

My understanding is that there are no known standout QBs expecting to be in the draft at this point. I'm sure we'll have 2 top-5 picks by the time we get there, but does anyone have thoughts on next year's QB class? Because if it's thin, it raises the heck out of Rodgers' trade value (even if he doesn't play this year)

Next year we'll still need WR help given the contract situations. Maybe a more studly OT to shore things up in Turner's absence instead of relying on some solid tweeners to get it done.

EDGE is back in play because it's a premium position and always is in play a little.

S with Amos finishing up his GB stint.

Dang, we have a ton of holes to fill! :mrgreen:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

haaaa, now it's we'll have to trade Rodgers to fill all the vacancy's, see even when he leaves we'll be depending on him for this team to win, he's like the energizer Bunny, just keeps on giving an giving :rotf:

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

YoHoChecko wrote:
01 May 2021 22:25
My understanding is that there are no known standout QBs expecting to be in the draft at this point. I'm sure we'll have 2 top-5 picks by the time we get there, but does anyone have thoughts on next year's QB class? Because if it's thin, it raises the heck out of Rodgers' trade value (even if he doesn't play this year)

Next year we'll still need WR help given the contract situations. Maybe a more studly OT to shore things up in Turner's absence instead of relying on some solid tweeners to get it done.

EDGE is back in play because it's a premium position and always is in play a little.

S with Amos finishing up his GB stint.

Dang, we have a ton of holes to fill! :mrgreen:
Next year's QB class is doo doo unless a one year wonder emerges.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
02 May 2021 11:21
haaaa, now it's we'll have to trade Rodgers to fill all the vacancy's, see even when he leaves we'll be depending on him for this team to win, he's like the energizer Bunny, just keeps on giving an giving :rotf:
I would hope Rodgers is a big reason we win. He is 20% of our salary cap.

Thats a lot of loot to go around without him to guys like AP Corey Linsley.

We still will have to draft well though as FA players dont seem to value playing in GB like i would. The tradition, mystique, history...ahhh i love it.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
02 May 2021 11:47
Yoop wrote:
02 May 2021 11:21
I would hope Rodgers is a big reason we win. He is 20% of our salary cap.

Thats a lot of loot to go around without him to guys like AP Corey Linsley.

We still will have to draft well though as FA players dont seem to value playing in GB like i would. The tradition, mystique, history...ahhh i love it.
haaa, I was playing in the fields that now make up Lambeau field when I was 7, there wasn't a kid in town that didn't want to play for the Packers some day :aok:

I expect Rodgers will play for GB for the next 3 years, we'll probably have to extend Jordan Loves contract before he retires, thats my dream, please dont wake me up :beer2:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

My man Trey Burks (Arkansas) is annihilating Texas A&M today. Had an 85-yard TD but also has 4 other catches for 75 more yards in the first half. At 6'3" 225. Must-draft WR for me this year if he's there late first.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Sep 2021 16:20
My man Trey Burks (Arkansas) is annihilating Texas A&M today. Had an 85-yard TD but also has 4 other catches for 75 more yards in the first half. At 6'3" 225. Must-draft WR for me this year if he's there late first.
Yeah that been my guy. Dominant many receivers. Not great speed but good hands and body control. Tough to bring down.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Sep 2021 17:04
YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Sep 2021 16:20
Yeah that been my guy. Dominant many receivers. Not great speed but good hands and body control. Tough to bring down.
He's exactly what we need in a size/separation/movement skills/receiving skills point of view. His speed (like Davante) falls into the "enough" category.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Great topic. I was going to have my sept mock out tonight

DL WR and edge are major needs imo

DL is thin but the other 2 position have tons of talent

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Needs next year are gonna be insane.

Gonna need 2 WRs, RT, DT, and ILB. To some extent edge is gonna be on there as I doubt they’re keeping Preston. And you’re probably a year from dropping Z. Amos in the last year of his deal. Tonyan in the last year of his deal and I doubt you keep Lewis at his cost on a rebuilding team.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

We won't need RT, Turner has another year left on his deal. 8-)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Labrev wrote:
25 Sep 2021 18:22
We won't need RT, Turner has another year left on his deal. 8-)
It’s been talked about. I’ve got my opinions and people have theirs. Regardless he’s got a year left on his deal. Time to get one in for development.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Isn't it a bit early to be talkin' about this? I'd think we wait until we know our end of season (or almost end of season) injury status. At the rate were going we'll need an entire offensive line.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
25 Sep 2021 19:06
Isn't it a bit early to be talkin' about this? I'd think we wait until we know our end of season (or almost end of season) injury status. At the rate were going we'll need an entire offensive line.
Its never to early to talk draft and draft prospects

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
25 Sep 2021 19:10
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
25 Sep 2021 19:06
Its never to early to talk draft and draft prospects
It’s a good way to keep track of board progressions. See who’s rising, who’s falling, etc. I like to update every 1/4 of a season to keep track.

Specifically it helps me keep track of the combine risers who I usually try to avoid. If a player doesn’t look like he belongs in a higher round by the combine he probably doesn’t belong in a higher round. There’s always exceptions to the rule of course but far to often some garbage players get picked rounds earlier than they should because they measured well… cough King cough…

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

It's a weird concept to me that people are ever averse to discussing college football players during the college season. Like, there is NO better time to talk draft prospects than when they are playing. If you wait until after the season, you're just catching up on other people's opinions. If you're watching college football and commenting about the players, you are building your own opinions.

That said, if Lupe and I have already agreed on "our guy" in September, all hell will break loose in May if he's not on our team 8-)

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Sep 2021 18:08
Needs next year are gonna be insane.

Gonna need 2 WRs, RT, DT, and ILB. To some extent edge is gonna be on there as I doubt they’re keeping Preston. And you’re probably a year from dropping Z. Amos in the last year of his deal. Tonyan in the last year of his deal and I doubt you keep Lewis at his cost on a rebuilding team.
True but I also expect at least 2 extra picks in the first two rounds for Rodgers, so I'm not concerned about having 3-4 needs instead of 1-2 needs.

DT Leal from Texas A&M early, WR Burks late first, OT in the second. Then just stock up the depth and competition throughout the roster the rest of the way. Is this too insanely specific at this juncture? Yes. But it's how I feel now and so it's what I'll post now.