Packers @ 49ers GDT 9/26/21 7:20pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Packers @ 49ers GDT 9/26/21 7:20pm CST

Post by paco »

:packers: Green Bay Packers @ :49ers: San Francisco 49ers
Sunday, September 26, 2021 - 7:20 CST
Packers @ 49ers spread: Packers +3.5
Packers @ 49ers over-under:
Packers @ 49ers money line:

Levi's Stadium

Santa Clara, California

TV:
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2021&wk=3

Play-by-Play: Al Michaels
Color Commentary: Chris Collinsworth
Sideline Reporter: Michele Tafoya and Kathryn Tappen
Rules: Terry McAulay

Weather:
https://www.nflweather.com/en/game/2021 ... s-at-49ers

Dope Sheet:
https://www.packers.com/news/dope-sheet ... -the-49ers

JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
49ers 17
Last edited by paco on 26 Sep 2021 11:29, edited 1 time in total.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

image.png
image.png (712.22 KiB) Viewed 617 times
image.png
image.png (1.66 MiB) Viewed 617 times

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The Favre era dominated the 49ers.

The Rodgers era has been dominated by the 49ers when the 49ers are actually legit.

I always had this one circled on the calendar. This is a damn good football team.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Big game for Sept. ML teams have sucked on the west coast and its time to change that.

The 49ers are good but i dont see greatness. Strong ol and deebo and kittle are problems. Jimmy G is a Jag the backs are beat up and the rest of the pass catchers are nothing special. Our d needs to find ways to generate pressure. Be aggressive and slow the running game. The 49ers didnt run great against Philly but they did often. I expect the same against us

Their d is legit. The cbs are a major weakness but they are strong everywhere else. Jenkins is going to have a battle.

Get the ball out quick and have our playmakers win their battles. Get A Jones in space

It will be a tough game but I think the Pack can win.
27-24 GB

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Not saying I've watched much, but the 49ers had a shootout with the Lions (first half good, second half bad) team we just blew out (first half bad, second half good) and then barely held on against the rebuilding Eagles.

So this should be a decently evenly matched game even considering my lowered assessment of our team based upon watching the first two weeks. The boogie man aspect of the 49ers is still based on years-old fan trauma

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

If there is any franchise that understands the key to beating the Packers it is the 49ers. They know that if they play physical ball and manhandle us at the LOS, then all that sexy "finesse" that has been the hallmark of this team gets thrown out the $%@# door faster than you can say Dom Capers.

Hope we change the narrative but Barry doesn't inspire confidence.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
21 Sep 2021 13:42
Not saying I've watched much, but the 49ers had a shootout with the Lions (first half good, second half bad) team we just blew out (first half bad, second half good) and then barely held on against the rebuilding Eagles.

So this should be a decently evenly matched game even considering my lowered assessment of our team based upon watching the first two weeks. The boogie man aspect of the 49ers is still based on years-old fan trauma
This is not the 49ers of two years ago.

Worse OL, DL, LBs, CBs. Very digned up at RB. However, they are stacked with receiving weapons now.

Let us not forget they’ve logged records of 4-12, 6-10 and 6-10 three of the last four years. Not really the fearful team we view them as.

That said, feel like they have a mental hold over us, HFA, and do have a lot of talent.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The 49ers are dependent on their stars to get their team going. But their stars are VERY good.

Last year their WRs, Bosa, Kittle, RBs, QB (like it matters much), were all out.

That is not the case this year outside of their RB being banged up. But the rest are there and are good enough to beat up on teams.

I will be very impressed if the Packers can go into Santa Clara impose their will. I don't think our defense is strong enough to keep the scoring down and I don't think our offense is good enough to put up consistent points while feeling the pressure of always passing the ball (which is just something we do when we fee we need to score a lot).
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
21 Sep 2021 14:30
The 49ers are dependent on their stars to get their team going. But their stars are VERY good.

Last year their WRs, Bosa, Kittle, RBs, QB (like it matters much), were all out.

That is not the case this year outside of their RB being banged up. But the rest are there and are good enough to beat up on teams.

I will be very impressed if the Packers can go into Santa Clara impose their will. I don't think our defense is strong enough to keep the scoring down and I don't think our offense is good enough to put up consistent points while feeling the pressure of always passing the ball (which is just something we do when we fee we need to score a lot).
Well, most teams rely on the stars to get the team going! Rodgers, Adams, Jones, Z, Clark, Jaire.

Everyone has been waiting the the 49ers to make the jump again and it hasn't happened. If they are smart, Lance gets some snaps against us. Not sure how I'll swing on this game yet. Won't be easy, that's for sure. But there's a reason it's only +3.5 right now for us. Vegas thinks it'll be close.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

This could make me change my pick.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
22 Sep 2021 16:11
This could make me change my pick.
You mean Kelly's revolving door play vs Houston Week 1 Preseason doesn't give you a lot of confidence?

I think Bosa is going to be playing LDE this week.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yuck

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

PFT Picks ‘Em
Packers (+3.5) at 49ers

MDS’s take: Aaron Rodgers doesn’t get to play the Lions every week.

MDS’s pick: 49ers 21, Packers 14.

Florio’s take: The Packers beat the 49ers last year, but the 49ers had too many injuries. This year, the Packers have too many holes — especially on defense.

Florio’s pick: 49ers 27, Packers 20.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I really want to win this one. Ive got a 49ers friend who is just talking the most massive amount of &%$@. I cant really make a legitimate comeback when theyre 3-0 in our last 3 playoff meetings and our only recent win was when they were ravaged by injuries.

I pretty much firmly believe you need a mobile QB to beat them. If I was a betting man, they beat us by double digits. I really hope we show out though and take it to them. I just really think we get down early and this team panics and tries to hard to get itself back in it.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

If Jenkins can't go, it's hard to imagine our OL holding up against their front 7, but again, there should be schematic answers. Whether MLF dials them up and whether Rodgers sticks with it remains to be seen. But I certainly expect our O to do better against the 49ers than the Eagles last week (only 11 points) and for our D to do better against them than the Lions (41 points).

So there's a big, broad middle ground in there where we can win or lose in there. :lol:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I really want to see more TJ Slayton and activate Jack Heflin and less Tyler Lancaster and Kingsley Keke.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:

If the packers win this game i will never bring up the Nola game again and I will chalk Nola up as an anomoly and be back to feeling just groovy about this team.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Sep 2021 12:25
go pak go wrote:

If the packers win this game i will never bring up the Nola game again and I will chalk Nola up as an anomoly and be back to feeling just groovy about this team.
Same.

Right now I am thinking SF 34 to GB 24 with the score only looking close because we got a TD with under 5:00 minutes left.

I want to be wrong. But unlike SF in 2019 or TB in 2020, I don't have the confidence going into these "big games" like I did those seasons. Yet again, my confidence didn't really do anything special for us anyways. :lol:
Yoop wrote: