Packers are signing Whitney Mercilus

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Acrobat
Reactions:

Packers are signing Whitney Mercilus

Post by Acrobat »

Awwww yeeeeeeaaaahh

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

between him and the guy we added to the PS, this gives us some nice depth again at pass rusher. I like the moves, they just make sense. You could say we are "all in" this year. :lol:
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

'Love this move!! He should provide quality snaps and an overall upgrade in our EDGE rotation right away.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Holy sh*t now way.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

THIS NEVER HAPPENS!!!!!
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
20 Oct 2021 13:15
THIS NEVER HAPPENS!!!!!
It already did this year... :lol:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
THIS NEVER HAPPENS!!!!!
It already did this year... :lol:
I know. I mean it never happens twice!!!!

I wanted this one SO BAD because honestly even if Z does come back, he is likely going to not be in peak shape. This way we can get a guy who continues to ascend as the season goes on.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Not to be a debbie downer, because I do like kicking the tires...

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Oct 2021 13:16
He's on the Texans. Another team cures all ills. Except maybe the Lions, or Dolphins, or Jaguars, or Jets. Still, he can do better with better help around him and a non-toxic environment.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

All I know is Mercilus has twice as many sacks as Rashan Gary in 2021. :banana:
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Still pretty well seen as Houston's #1 pass rush threat. Here, he's a guy, hopefully #4 option come play-off time. I assume the numbers will be real friendly, so I see absolutely no downside here.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

"taking less to sign with the Packers..." is not something i hear often. Cool.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Pckfn23 wrote:
*snip*
Yeah, but we are not asking him to be "the guy" for us, just an upgrade over our third-stringers.

Also, there's a difference between guys who are young and still trying to figure it out versus a guy who is not what he once was but knows how to win through wits/experience. It's nice to have a guy like that in an otherwise-young position group, especially if Preston will be out for a while (which I am inclined to believe he will be if this signing is any hint).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
20 Oct 2021 13:33
"taking less to sign with the Packers..." is not something i hear often. Cool.
Same was reported with Jaylon Smith I believe. Players are recognizing the Packers now and the Packers are willing. Come along for the ride!
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
20 Oct 2021 13:33
Pckfn23 wrote:
*snip*
Yeah, but we are not asking him to be "the guy" for us, just an upgrade over our third-stringers.

Also, there's a difference between guys who are young and still trying to figure it out versus a guy who is not what he once was but knows how to win through wits/experience. It's nice to have a guy like that in an otherwise-young position group, especially if Preston will be out for a while (which I am inclined to believe he will be if this signing is any hint).
I think this more about Z Smith than Preston Smith.

We needed a #3 so we can move Gary around more and have less snaps with Garvin being your top guy on the field. Garvin has been a pleasant surprise but it will be an even more pleasant surprise to not seeing Hamilton or other JAGs out there.

I love this signing so much.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

That's why I said I like kicking the tires here. Sign him for veteran minimum and you get what you get. I personally just don't expect a whole lot and it seems like some are almost thinking Z Smith or P Smith replacement.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

See, I am not the only one with a little wait and see attitude on this. I do hope the downturn is mostly due to Texans being a dogpile of an organization.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Oct 2021 13:35
That's why I said I like kicking the tires here. Sign him for veteran minimum and you get what you get. I personally just don't expect a whole lot and it seems like some are almost thinking Z Smith or P Smith replacement.
Oh, yeah, no way is he that. But hopefully some quality snaps. I hope Preston takes the week off to heal up. I know he wants to play and keep the streak going. I had no idea he had one of the longest active consecutive game streaks in the NFL.

I have almost 0 hope of Z playing this year. Maybe a surprise if he's available end of the year or for the playoffs. No inside info there, just gut feeling.
RIP JustJeff