2010s All-Decade Team

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

salmar80
Reactions:

2010s All-Decade Team

Post by salmar80 »

Pro Football Hall of Fame has voted and selected the 2010s All-Decade Team. Two players who we've seen in green and gold made the list: Aaron Rodgers, Jahri Evans and Julius Peppers.

Eight players were unanimous decisions: Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady, Washington running back Adrian Peterson, former Browns tackle Joe Thomas, former Ravens guard Marshal Yanda, Texans defensive end J.J. Watt, Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald, Broncos linebacker Von Miller and Ravens kicker Justin Tucker.

Quarterback: Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers.

Running back: Frank Gore, Marshawn Lynch, LeSean McCoy, Adrian Peterson.

Wide receiver: Antonio Brown, Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones.

Flex: Darren Sproles.

Tight end: Rob Gronkowski, Travis Kelce.

Offensive tackle: Jason Peters, Tyron Smith, Joe Staley, Joe Thomas.

Offensive guard: Jahri Evans, Logan Mankins, Zack Martin, Marshal Yanda.

Center: Alex Mack, Maurkice Pouncey.

Defensive end: Calais Campbell, Cameron Jordan, Julius Peppers, J.J. Watt.

Defensive tackle: Geno Atkins, Fletcher Cox, Aaron Donald, Ndamukong Suh.

Linebacker: Chandler Jones, Luke Kuechly, Khalil Mack, Von Miller, Bobby Wagner, Patrick Willis.

Cornerback: Patrick Peterson, Darrelle Revis, Richard Sherman.

Safety: Eric Berry, Earl Thomas, Eric Weddle.

Defensive back: Chris Harris, Tyrann Mathieu.

Punter: Johnny Hecker, Shane Lechler.

Kicker: Stephen Gostkowski, Justin Tucker.

Punt returner: Tyreek Hill, Darren Sproles.

Kick returner: Devin Hester, Cordarrelle Patterson.

Coach: Bill Belichick, Pete Carroll

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Three, if you count Jahri Evans.

Read More. Post Less.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

NCF wrote:
06 Apr 2020 12:21
Three, if you count Jahri Evans.
Totally missed that, thanks!

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Haha I totally forgot Jahri Evans started for us for like a whole year.

I agree with Rodgers, but some of these choices are pretty much just 2000s players living off name recognition, Julius Peppers included. He was pretty good for us, and while he was also pretty good for the Bears, neither of his stints was All-Decade material, and it's not even really close.

I wonder about Larry Fitzgerald, but it's true that the obvious choices were already selected, so I guess you could make a case he's the best of the rest. If we're going off ability though I would put Tyreek Hill 4th, or possibly Jordy.

I think it's funny that 3/4 RBs spent time in Buffalo.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Tyrann Mathieu is a surprise in there, until you look at his stats. I knew he played decent in Arizona, but overall he's had a very solid career.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

texas wrote:
06 Apr 2020 23:06

I agree with Rodgers, but some of these choices are pretty much just 2000s players living off name recognition, Julius Peppers included. He was pretty good for us, and while he was also pretty good for the Bears, neither of his stints was All-Decade material, and it's not even really close.

I wonder about Larry Fitzgerald, but it's true that the obvious choices were already selected, so I guess you could make a case he's the best of the rest. If we're going off ability though I would put Tyreek Hill 4th, or possibly Jordy.

we all wonder about this player or that one on this list, you'd swear that we even know what we are talking about, or have a friend that does :rotf:

thing is the people that make these list at least use some sort statistical data, and while some of the qualifiers seem ancient, it's very probable there stats still are better then other we think deserve mention more.

Fitzgerald is such a player, easily one of the best of his era, cripes he ran through all 11 in that playoff game against us, some of our players 2 and 3 times, same with Peppers, just because he wasn't as destructive with us and the Bears he still was dominate plenty.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

People are complaining that Rodgers got it over Brees.

Rodgers this decade
• 2 MVPs
• 1 SB
• 1 SB MVP
• 1 losing season
-
Brees this decade
• 0 mvps
• 1 SB
• 1 SB MVP
• 4 losing seasons
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

texas wrote:

I really always wondered why ppl under rate Larry. These a top 5 wr all time. I dont even think thats debatable. He has been that good for that long. Sure his numbers may have been netter the decade before but 5 1000 yard seasons and 61 tds for the decade are pretty solid. Hill has played 4 years and has 2 1000 yard seasons. No way hes even in the convo.

Honestly nelson should have been the guy next to fits. More tds and about the same yardage for the decade. Also on a way better team.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Packfntk wrote:
07 Apr 2020 11:41
People are complaining that Rodgers got it over Brees.

Rodgers this decade
• 2 MVPs
• 1 SB
• 1 SB MVP
• 1 losing season
-
Brees this decade
• 0 mvps
• 1 SB
• 1 SB MVP
• 4 losing seasons
well Brees did donate millions to a worthy cause though :lol:

I think it's impossible to compare players specially so QB's, to many tangibles ( scheme fit, supporting players) so much of there production is dependent upon the ability of others.

and then of course WE know that Bree's and NO where guilty often of padding the stats, running up the score :thwap: so to me Brees gets a demarit for that, making Rodgers the automatic choice after Brady :clap:

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Larry Fitzgerald's problem was that an over-the-hill Kurt Warner was the best QB he ever played with.
Calvin Johnson is in a tier by himself IMO.
If Jordy were to replace anyone on that list it would be AB IMO.

Sproles is a little bit of a head scratcher.

I think longevity carried some significant weight in forming this list.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Captain_Ben wrote:
07 Apr 2020 16:43
Larry Fitzgerald's problem was that an over-the-hill Kurt Warner was the best QB he ever played with.
Calvin Johnson is in a tier by himself IMO.
If Jordy were to replace anyone on that list it would be AB IMO.

Sproles is a little bit of a head scratcher.

I think longevity carried some significant weight in forming this list.
Man we dont have to like AB the dude is cracked butbhe was pretty amazing. He belongs easy

Megatron was unreal

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

http://pfref.com/tiny/wLVl0

Just on pure yardage it is Brown, Fitzgerald, with the leader being Julio Jones. TDs it is Brown, Bryant and Nelson. Calvin Johnson missed 4 seasons in the decade...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Yoop wrote:
07 Apr 2020 07:40
texas wrote:

we all wonder about this player or that one on this list, you'd swear that we even know what we are talking about, or have a friend that does :rotf:

thing is the people that make these list at least use some sort statistical data, and while some of the qualifiers seem ancient, it's very probable there stats still are better then other we think deserve mention more.

Fitzgerald is such a player, easily one of the best of his era, cripes he ran through all 11 in that playoff game against us, some of our players 2 and 3 times, same with Peppers, just because he wasn't as destructive with us and the Bears he still was dominate plenty.
Well, if you agree that he wasn't as good with Chicago and GB, then you'd probably agree that he shouldn't be on the all-decade team, because he only played for Chicago and GB (minus a victory lap in Carolina at the end) in the 2010s.

I think when people think of Peppers as an all-pro, they almost entirely think of him in the 2000s

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
07 Apr 2020 12:01
texas wrote:

I really always wondered why ppl under rate Larry. These a top 5 wr all time. I dont even think thats debatable. He has been that good for that long. Sure his numbers may have been netter the decade before but 5 1000 yard seasons and 61 tds for the decade are pretty solid. Hill has played 4 years and has 2 1000 yard seasons. No way hes even in the convo.

Honestly nelson should have been the guy next to fits. More tds and about the same yardage for the decade. Also on a way better team.
Idk, he's more of a Jerry Rice than a Randy Moss. And I have always been on the Moss side of that debate (not that there is a debate; everyone pretty much agrees Rice is the GOAT. I just disagree).

When I rate WRs I like bursts of extreme dominance over sustained success.

All that being said, I still think Larry's probably the 4th WR, it's just that the other 3 are obvious. I bet I'm forgetting someone though. But if I had to pick 1 WR for 1 game in the 2010s, it's probably peak Tyreek or peak Julio. Also, I can't help but think we're forgetting someone at WR. Moss and Owens are 2000s so it's not them.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

texas wrote:
09 Apr 2020 03:22
Idk, he's more of a Jerry Rice than a Randy Moss. And I have always been on the Moss side of that debate (not that there is a debate; everyone pretty much agrees Rice is the GOAT. I just disagree).

All that being said, I still think Larry's probably the 4th WR, it's just that the other 3 are obvious. I bet I'm forgetting someone though. But if I had to pick 1 WR for 1 game in the 2010s, it's probably peak Tyreek or peak Julio. Also, I can't help but think we're forgetting someone at WR. Moss and Owens are 2000s so it's not them.
Here's the top 20 WRs of years 2010-2019. I do love Jordy, but hard not to place at least Demaryius Thomas and A.J. Green in front of him on the snub list...
-
image.png
image.png (77.12 KiB) Viewed 597 times

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

salmar80 wrote:
09 Apr 2020 04:09
texas wrote:
09 Apr 2020 03:22

Here's the top 20 WRs of years 2010-2019. I do love Jordy, but hard not to place at least Demaryius Thomas and A.J. Green in front of him on the snub list...
-
image.png
I don't care about total yards. It's better than nothing, but Demaryius just isn't above Jordy. I actually did think of him. He had a few good years but was garbage for many as well. I also thought about AJ Green. He's probably in the conversation, but not above Jordy or ODB or Tyreek Hill.

Actually, DeAndre Hopkins is the guy I was forgetting. He's above Jordy easily. And above Fitz and honestly above Megatron, at least for this decade.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

None in the 50s unless you count Tunnell and Ford
13 in the 60s
None in the 70s
Lofton and Anderson in the 80s
Brett and Reggie in the 90s
Darren Sharper in the 00s
Rodgers in the 10s (not sure if you can count Peppers)

Huh? Comments?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

texas wrote:
09 Apr 2020 15:55
Actually, DeAndre Hopkins is the guy I was forgetting. He's above Jordy easily. And above Fitz and honestly above Megatron, at least for this decade.
I was looking at him, too, but deck stacked against him given he didn't get drafted until 2013. Hard to overlook what some of these other guys did for three seasons while he was still on campus.

Read More. Post Less.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Darren Sharper played for the Packers for 8 seasons starting in 1997. He was named to the NFL All-Decade Team for the 2000s. As a Packer he was first team All-pro once.

Q1: Based solely on Darren Sharper's performance as a Packer, should Darren Sharper be in the PACKERS HALL OF FAME?

Q2: What are the criteria for getting into the Packers Hall of Fame anyway?

GO PACK GO!

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
11 Apr 2020 08:34
Darren Sharper played for the Packers for 8 seasons starting in 1997. He was named to the NFL All-Decade Team for the 2000s. As a Packer he was first team All-pro once.

Q1: Based solely on Darren Sharper's performance as a Packer, should Darren Sharper be in the PACKERS HALL OF FAME?

Q2: What are the criteria for getting into the Packers Hall of Fame anyway?

GO PACK GO!
1) I would say yes, but his crimes were so heinous that they'll never do it.

2) That is a very good question. :idn:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi