Jordan Love Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Jordan Love Discussion

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

19/34 190 5.6 1 1 1-11 69.5

:box:

:argue:

:hide:

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

He's not the guy. I still think that Rodgers' resurgence was partly due to us drafting Love, and if that is the case then he was worth the 1st we spent.

Not only couldn't he throw, he also couldn't make any reads. If Rodgers is out again I am tempted to play Bortles.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

With the pretty notable exception of the INT, Love actually looked decent when he had a pocket. Ball placement was pretty rough at times though.

I don't think it's a lost cause but he's not ready.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

texas wrote:
07 Nov 2021 18:36
He's not the guy. I still think that Rodgers' resurgence was partly due to us drafting Love, and if that is the case then he was worth the 1st we spent.

Not only couldn't he throw, he also couldn't make any reads. If Rodgers is out again I am tempted to play Bortles.
I am not. Borltes is horribles

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

texas wrote:
07 Nov 2021 18:36
...If Rodgers is out again I am tempted to play Bortles.
Isn't it possible for Benkert to be cleared? Bortles is the 4th QB after all.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Labrev wrote:
07 Nov 2021 18:38
With the pretty notable exception of the INT, Love actually looked decent when he had a pocket. Ball placement was pretty rough at times though.

If he can't make the reads then DEF coordinators won't give him a clean pocket.

He's bad.

I doubt he is ever ready.

This was a bad DEF and the Packers had all their skill players on OFF, sans Tonyan.

If people want to put it on MLF, I would say that it is the QB's responsibility to get the team out of bad plays.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Labrev wrote:

I agree. Love had his moments but he was harassed all night long. Defenses are not going to bring the house like that to a veteran QB.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
07 Nov 2021 18:41
Labrev wrote:

He's bad.

This was a bad DEF and the Packers had all their skill players on OFF, sans Tonyan.

If people want to put it on MLF, I would say that it is the QB's responsibility to get the team out of bad plays.
First game for Young Qb often have bad results!

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
Labrev wrote:

He's bad.

Not if he was told not to change the play. And most likely he was told exactly that.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yeah, I didn't see the it.

Disappointed. Not disappointed enough to write him off completely, but certainly didn't improve in my book.

The thing that sucked the most was that none of our blitz counters worked. All options from screens to deep shots to 1-1 backshoulders were off synch.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Has he ever looked like he had "command"? Have we ever seen him not look passive? Cant remember ever seeing anything other than glimpses of raw talent.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Absolute nightmare scenario for the Org plays out now. The fan base saw how love looked. How is the org going to dump Rodgers now? Rodgers has ALL of the leverage.

Not sure Love can be trotted out there again in a situation where the org decided to punt on the HOFer.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Disappointed.

No rhythm. Poor decision making. Inaccurate. Slow on reads.

He flashed on those 4th qtr drives but KC started playing a less aggressive defense and they paid a price. The KC defense isn’t good. Put him at Soldier Field and it’s a shutout.

Not gonna make a final judgment but this was not a good showing. I expected much more.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Nov 2021 18:51
Has he ever looked like he had "command"? Have we ever seen him not look passive? Cant remember ever seeing anything other than glimpses of raw talent.
First game…
It’s NOT his team and everyone knows it..
Command? What is that exactly.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Another thought, MOST on this board felt in a post Rodgers world that Love could compete for a playoff spot next year.

I havent given up on Love by any means. But this practice sh** isnt getting him ready. Its gonna take a full year of PAIN before we see if game by game he can learn a little more and improve. If Love is the starter next year, I now expect PAIN.

But that doesnt mean it will always be painful. He could improve a little by little and look far more ready in year 4. But practice speed aint doing it for him, and next is gonna be tough if hes the point man.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

salmar80 wrote:
07 Nov 2021 18:47
Yeah, I didn't see the it.

Disappointed. Not disappointed enough to write him off completely, but certainly didn't improve in my book.

The thing that sucked the most was that none of our blitz counters worked. All options from screens to deep shots to 1-1 backshoulders were off synch.
This is where I am at.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

JKB wrote:
07 Nov 2021 18:55
Drj820 wrote:
07 Nov 2021 18:51
First game…
It’s NOT his team and everyone knows it..
Command? What is that exactly.
Hes played in Preseason and in garbage time. Command is when you control the huddle, get guys into a better position at the line, show some competitive fire, make a play and everyone looks at you like they trust you to get it done. Command is confidence. It usually comes in time, trying to think back and wondering if i have ever even seen a moment or example of it with Love.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

I dont know...

Love looked...off today. Got some room but that was after their D stopped coming at him. I don't even know. 2nd year and looking like that...whew...
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
Labrev wrote:

He's bad.

I mean yeah sure, but plays from a clean pocket give you the best idea of what you have in a guy, no excuses for bad plays there.

And the OL definitely underperformed by their standards. They've looked better against tougher DLs, not sure why they looked so poor tonight. There certainly are causes for concern with Love's play but our OL's pass pro and the game plan in general made life harder for him.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
07 Nov 2021 18:54
Disappointed.

No rhythm. Poor decision making. Inaccurate. Slow on reads.

He flashed on those 4th qtr drives but KC started playing a less aggressive defense and they paid a price. The KC defense isn’t good. Put him at Soldier Field and it’s a shutout.

Not gonna make a final judgment but this was not a good showing. I expected much more.
I wouldn't say I expected much more. Honestly I expected 2 - 3 plays more. And that would have gotten us to where we needed to be.

Just hitting Cobb or Lazard in the slot on those slants in the middle of the field on their blitzes would have resulted in a big play and would have forced KC to back off and actually make a game of it.

I guess that's why I am so mad. Just 2 or 3 plays on offense and STs...my gawd. Literally gifted the Chiefs 9 points which puts even more pressure on the offense.

The most frustrated I have ever been considering our defense held the Chiefs to only 1 real drive.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.