Grand kids.

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Grand kids.

Post by Carl Gerbschmidt »

I realize that most of us here are younger but some of are not. I became a grandparent in November and now the little lad is developing and interacting is so much fun, can't wait till he can tell me what he is thinking. One thing that that really hits me is watching my little girl be a parent, fills me with joy and pride watching my little girl raise her baby. She is college graduated, married, and gainfully employed but she will always be my little girl. I hate talking on the phone but I will spent an hour on the phone watching him babble and blow spit bubbles, heck I will even change a diaper.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Thanks for sharing that, Carl. :heart:

Ya big softie. :P :lol:

My kids are 4, 6 and 8, soon to be 4, 7 and 9. I'm so glad they are never going to grow up. :rotf:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

I'm 61, my kid will turn 16 in June. Not sure I'll ever see grand-kids. Unfortunately.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Yeah, I have a long ways to go, as my daughter is 9, but excited for that part of life. My parents tell me it’s even sweeter than being a parent, and more rewarding as the kids they raised are continuing tradition.

Happy for you Carl!
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Best part of the virus, my daughter lost her day care her and her husband are essential so my Wife and I get to spend 2 days a week with the grandson, under normal circumstances that would not happen. I am a little concerned going forward, when my son in law asked to marry my daughter he said he was a broncos fan and didn't watch the game much. Then he went to a few viking games. I love my grandson more than anything I just hope I never have to come to terms with him becoming a viking fan.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

I have a ways to go yet too. Two boys, 11 and 5. With a girl on the way in June. :mrgreen:
RIP JustJeff

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Monday, get up leave the house by 6:15 to get to the daughters. Making lasagna tomorrow so they will have left overs. Spending the day with my Grandson and having dinner with my daughter and son in law, really can't get much better unless my son and his wife were there.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

My daughter turns 27 this May and is set to be married in October. Professional gal and established in her career but she’s ready to start a family. Really looking forward to this next chapter for both her and us future grandparents.