Paco Mock - Gutey goes nuts

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Paco Mock - Gutey goes nuts

Post by paco »

Playing around with different trade ideas. Not much talk in us going for it and grabbing a top end WR. We've got the capital, if you want to spend it.

Gutey goes nuts and decides to trade up to 16 with the Falcons to pick CeeDee Lamb. Obviously makes the rest of the draft a bit different. They make 1 other trade, here's what I put together.
image.png
image.png (32.46 KiB) Viewed 450 times
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I wouldn’t mind moving up for a WR but I think it’s being overzealous. The Packers don’t need a #1 WR. They already have that in Adams. They just need a competent #2. There’s only so many balls to go around.

It reminds me of the Falcons moving up for Julio. Though they got a major weapon their team suffered significantly for some time by giving up the resources.

With this I don’t know exactly how they fixed their run defense.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

lupedafiasco wrote:
12 Apr 2020 17:53
I wouldn’t mind moving up for a WR but I think it’s being overzealous. The Packers don’t need a #1 WR. They already have that in Adams. They just need a competent #2. There’s only so many balls to go around.

It reminds me of the Falcons moving up for Julio. Though they got a major weapon their team suffered significantly for some time by giving up the resources.

With this I don’t know exactly how they fixed their run defense.
Plus, it's a deep WR class. We should have more than enough options on Days 1 & 2 that could give us good production while not losing another player.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
12 Apr 2020 17:53
There’s only so many balls to go around.
So true! 8-) ;)
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

For the record I am not pro move up. Especially for a wr. But I wanted to play with the idea.
RIP JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Thanks for thinking differently Paco. Good job!

What is a good tool for a newbie like me to do a mock? I literally have never done one. Thanks.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Scott4Pack wrote:
13 Apr 2020 04:34

What is a good tool for a newbie like me to do a mock? I literally have never done one. Thanks.
I've never done one either but this year with social distancing and not having interviews since the combine or pro days this might be a hard year to construct a mock.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

paco wrote:
12 Apr 2020 19:10
For the record I am not pro move up. Especially for a wr. But I wanted to play with the idea.
It's an interesting idea; I appreciated this mock presenting it for discussion. :thumbr:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Scott4Pack wrote:

Several mock draft simulators out there. Each with their good and bad points. But gives you something to play with.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine
https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-moc ... simulator/
https://www.first-pick.com/
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mock ... simulator/
PFF has one now too, but don't feel like looking up the link.
RIP JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pugger wrote:
13 Apr 2020 07:59
Scott4Pack wrote:

I've never done one either but this year with social distancing and not having interviews since the combine or pro days this might be a hard year to construct a mock.
I decided that I could do one BECAUSE of the reasons that you listed. ;-)

Workload isn't pressing. And there aren't as many interruptions. I won't try to be an expert by any means. But it's fun to just look at who is available as you make your picks and see some of the scouted differences between players. I did one mock in about 20 minutes, just looking at top 3-5 at the positions that I wanted in any given round. Also previewed the pros and cons of a couple of others on a BPA basis. Didn't spend lots of time. Had fun anyhow.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!