Rodgers future

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Rodgers future

Post by Pugger »

Most here believe it is time to start over and deal Rodgers away. I suspect Gute will not want Rodgers in the NFC but he may not have a choice. What potential suitors do you think we can make a deal with? Has his trade value taken a hit last night?

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

Denver. Good receivers, loads of cap room.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Everyone in the poll I posted in the big Rodgers thread. Those are the top options who may need a qb and have cap space.
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Denver is the front runner for sure. Maybe TN or SF if they lose next week.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Now I'm more inclined to get rid of LaFleur and keep Rodgers. Rodgers did not lose Saturday night's game.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
28 Jan 2022 16:38
Now I'm more inclined to get rid of LaFleur and keep Rodgers. Rodgers did not lose Saturday night's game.
There are few, save the defensive players and defensive coaching staff, who did their part.

Kind of stupid to point fingers at anyone specific person or group. Aaron to LaFleur to Hackett to Crosby to Bojo to offensive line to WRs to Drayton to PS Lancaster were all awful.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Is that post real?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
28 Jan 2022 17:32
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
There are few, save the defensive players and defensive coaching staff, who did their part.

Kind of stupid to point fingers at anyone specific person or group. Aaron to LaFleur to Hackett to Crosby to Bojo to offensive line to WRs to Drayton to PS Lancaster were all awful.
Not saying Lafleur should be fired (I don’t believe that), but when that many people screw up in such a big spot...the blame goes straight to the top to the HC.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

When you set the NFL record, the entire history of the NFL, unanimously winning the most games in your first 3 seasons, (didn’t even need week 18 which I’ll always love). You are talking record breaking coaching extensions. Not the opposite.

Any fricken talk of moving off this coach, good fricken lord man.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Rodgers did not lose the game, but he did not win it, either. Same story as 2020 and 2014.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Rodgers and Adams gonna arrive in Denver like that Mean Girls meme: "Get in, losers, we're gonna go choke in the playoffs again."
—Magneto

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BF004 wrote:
28 Jan 2022 17:41
When you set the NFL record, the entire history of the NFL, unanimously winning the most games in your first 3 seasons, (didn’t even need week 18 which I’ll always love). You are talking record breaking coaching extensions. Not the opposite.

Any fricken talk of moving off this coach, good fricken lotd man.
Playoffs matter more. Sherman was 2 and 4. LaFluer is 2 and 3. McCarthy was 10 and 8. Holmgren was 8 and 5. Lombardi was 9 and 1. After losing the 1960 NFL championship game, Lombardi proclaimed this will never happen again. After losing 2 straight playoff games ......... LaCoach says maybe the starters, AKA best players, should be on Special Teams in the playoffs.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

BF004 wrote:

The reason why MLF is sort of underrated at this point and nobody is really giving him all that much credit for what is a historic performance is because he has Rodgers at QB.

And honestly, the attitude is justified.

We do not know how good he actually is because we have yet to see him try to coach without the regular season GOAT. We suspect he is top 5 or top 10 or maybe even top 2, but we really don't know, and can't know, until we see what he can do when the &%$@ hits the fan.

I'll tell you what though, untouchable coaches don't get btfo in the playoffs the way his teams have.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

texas wrote:
28 Jan 2022 19:03
BF004 wrote:

The reason why MLF is sort of underrated at this point and nobody is really giving him all that much credit for what is a historic performance is because he has Rodgers at QB.

We do not know how good he actually is because we have yet to see him try to coach without the regular season GOAT. We suspect he is top 5 or top 10 or maybe even top 2, but we really don't know, and can't know, until we see what he can do when the &%$@ hits the fan.

I'll tell you what though, untouchable coaches don't get btfo in the playoffs the way his teams have.
100%

Next year MLF has the opportunity to prove it.

Rex Ryan said it this year "give me Rodgers and I'll have the one seed"

It's unfair but it is what it is

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Lafleur will get to show us all how good he is next year. So far, he’s acquired 2 one seeds, and not parlayed any of them to a Súper bowl trip.

Also, great coaches don’t roll into the playoffs with the 32nd ranked STs unit.

He’s still off to a great start tho. But he’s getting dropped off in the deep end next year. We will learn a lot, quickly.
Last edited by Drj820 on 28 Jan 2022 19:11, edited 1 time in total.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

texas wrote:
28 Jan 2022 19:03
BF004 wrote:

Rodgers was pretty mediocre in MLF's first year, though. Sure the experience and risk-aversion helped, but you could say the same of a journeyman game-manager. And he went 13-3 with that.
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Why is next year the measuring stick? Why not the next 3 years?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Jan 2022 19:18
Yes, the idea that MLF has to "prove" it next year is laughable.

He's likely got at least 3 years in Green Bay if we just look average.

Some of you on here seem desperate for the Packers to act like one of these junk franchises that cycle through head coaches, sign retreat vet QBs and are terminally mediocre.

The Packers will need to be patient as they develop Love or search for his replacement.

One thing we know is MLF's system has taken Goff and Jimmy G to the Superbowl. It's the perfect set up for a team without a HOF QB.

MLF will be Packers HC for a while yet.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
That's a good point too. Ditka won it in 4 years. Holmgren won it in 5 years. Both Ditka and Holmgren had great defenses and more than adequate special teams. LaCoach has plenty of work ahead of him.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

British wrote:
28 Jan 2022 19:39
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yes, the idea that MLF has to "prove" it next year is laughable.
Yeah, that would be a laughable idea. Good thing nobody here is espousing it.