Draft Weekend

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Draft Weekend

Post by NCF »

How will you spend your days on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday?

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

My wife and I are seperated to the quarintine so this is a good time to have 3 days of football!!!

Monday - Wednesday: I am going to try and put in 10 hour days because I'm a CPA and those days are still easy but we only have to work 40 hour weeks now!! :banana: My goal is to get 30 hours in by Wednesday so I only need to get 10 hours Thursday and Friday.

Thursday: Want to get off work at 5:00. Get some beers and I am thinking about making some sort of blue cheese dressing burger. Usually I do philly cheesesteaks the first night but the cheese is always more labor.

Friday: I will then switch to pulled pork with coleslaw. I want to work from basically like 10:00 to 2:00 on Friday because I know I will want to look stuff up on Friday morning.

Saturday: Just lounge.

I will be watching the NFLN/ESPN simulcast. The ABC one last year was awful as it was geared towards non-football fans. I will never make that mistake again.

Oh and I will be on here three days straight.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I'm thinking Thursday I will keep it simple and just pick up a couple of pizzas.

Friday, slow cooking some ribs.

Saturday, will just be a lay on the couch with some Funyuns kind of day.

We are supposed to get rain this weekend, so I won't have to feel bad about being lazy.

Read More. Post Less.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Plan on smoking a chuck roast Thursday and going to turn it into some po boy sandwiches.

Probably end up doing a lot of yard work this week too. I haven't been following the draft at all this year, so I'm pretty much taking some stabs on paco's draft competition this go around. 😁
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Oh, and drinking beer.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

TheGreenMan wrote:
20 Apr 2020 09:40
Oh, and drinking beer.
:beer2:

Read More. Post Less.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Well I should be flying to vegas Tuesday morning but that plan isnt happening :(

I'm on a 7 days on 14 off schedule right now so the drinks will be flowing and the smoker will be smoking. Planning on doing barbacoa and maybe some turkey gyros.

Will prob be live online with the guys I was meeting in vegas and just kicking back and hoping for the pack to hit hrs

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
20 Apr 2020 12:03
Will prob be live online with the guys I was meeting in vegas and just kicking back
Bring them on over!!

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Got my curbside pickup scheduled for Wednesday with a bunch of yummy snacks and alcohol. 🍻 🍺

Going to have it on the tv, prolly NFLN, I’m a sucker for Rich Eisen. Will have my laptop open with tabs for google spreadsheets, Packers-huddle and twitter. Another laptop with a zoom meeting with NCF and our dad for parts.

If anyone wants to get in on our zoom meeting for some of it, let us know, maybe we could try and open it up for some new bright and shining faces for some parts.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
20 Apr 2020 13:40
Going to have it on the tv, prolly NFLN, I’m a sucker for Rich Eisen.
NFLN & ESPN are doing a combined broadcast with the ESPN crew leading the way. Eisen will be involved, minimally, but not host. Not sure why they let the ESPN team take the lead.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
20 Apr 2020 13:40
If anyone wants to get in on our zoom meeting for some of it, let us know, maybe we could try and open it up for some new bright and shining faces for some parts.
I could simulcast with PH.com and my friend group! Already have one set up with them. We used to get together when it was on Saturday and drink/grill through the first 3 rounds. This will be the first time we have gotten "together" for the draft since they moved days.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."