Matt LaFleur

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Yoop wrote:
20 Oct 2022 09:12
Captain_Ben wrote:
19 Oct 2022 14:47
AmishMafia wrote:
19 Oct 2022 13:40
I dont believe the WR position is extremely weak. If you think AR is playing even remotely similar to how he used to play, you are fooling yourself. Lack of accuracy, mobility in the pocket, and not seeing open WRs - he used to be able to snap release and throw a WR open. DBs didn't stand a chance. He doesn't do that anymore.
True, AR is not seeing open WRs. But neither is literally anyone else in the stadium. Because the significant majority of the time, they are not open. Our WR1, Lazard, should be a WR3 on most teams. Just about every catch I see him make comes as a result of AR throwing him open. He rarely gets open on his own.

Name 5 teams in the league with worse WR personnel.
which league :rotf:

If only we had Watkins and Watson on the field you'd change your tune, couple those two with Lazard and Doubs and we'd be ballin :rotf:
Oh yes, of course. I stand corrected. :lol:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

We have seen LaFleur without Rodgers. How did his offense perform under Love. His scheme and game plan was awful that day and when the Chiefs blitzed the daylights out of Love LaFleur never adjusted.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Oct 2022 15:56
We have seen LaFleur without Rodgers. How did his offense perform under Love. His scheme and game plan was awful that day and when the Chiefs blitzed the daylights out of Love LaFleur never adjusted.
AR or not, doesn't matter.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

When McCarthy had talent the Packers were continually blowing out the the other team. McCarthy took us to the promise land and even had a 15 game win season. Many blowouts during those years.

The last 2 years LaFleur has had the talent but his teams have been unable to put teams away.

This year there is less talent. At least at the WR position. How about some screens to the RBs instead of the WRs or TE? How about a a few draw plays? LaFleur want the players to have fun. Well how about calling a flea flicker or halfback option. Maybe a reverse. Something!
Love is the answer…

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

The first year, LaFleur brought and taught a new scheme, in his second he consolidated it. In third, with injury woes, he innovated with the RBs. LaFleur wasn't perfect, but he did bring in new ideas and wrinkles that worked.

The biggest disappointment for me this year is that I haven't seen anything new and creative. Teams have caught up to the RB as WR and 2RB -things.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

salmar80 wrote:
21 Oct 2022 20:05
The first year, LaFleur brought and taught a new scheme, in his second he consolidated it. In third, with injury woes, he innovated with the RBs. LaFleur wasn't perfect, but he did bring in new ideas and wrinkles that worked.

The biggest disappointment for me this year is that I haven't seen anything new and creative. Teams have caught up to the RB as WR and 2RB -things.
What rhymes with Matty Ice? Shhhhhhhhhhhh...........

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Lafleur did a great job managing the ship during Rodgers s*** last couple years. He kept the team together and struck the right tone throughout the situation.

That said, that is one aspect of being a coach…it has nothing to do with the aspect of updating scheme, staying ahead of the curb, hiring coaches etc

Those are areas he hasn’t shown growth in yet, and those are important parts of the job.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

When MLF was questioned, coming out of the locker room after halftime at the Bills, he said something good. He talked about just needing to play for the moment. It hardly mattered that we were down by so much and had little chance to beat the Bills. He was chatting it up about playing for NOW, with urgency, as a Green Bay Packer.

Now some will say that was nothing or just too late to do any good. But I’m going to take it that he reminded the players and coaches that they need to play their best ball, no matter the circumstances. It looked like the Offense took note of it too. Can’t say the same for the D.

But I’m glad that MLF is insisting on that kind of focus.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Labrev wrote:
16 Oct 2022 17:05
We aren't going to fire him because the Conventional Wisdom is you only fire coaches after you actually suffer losing seasons. The fact that that's how it's done doesn't make it smart, though. Some people went so far as to say we should have waited even longer to fire McCarthy to be "classy" -! They would have made players continue to be part of a clear Lost Cause for another four weeks just to keep up appearances.

It seems straightforwardly justifiable to me that if you believe you will end the year under .500, you need not wait for that to happen.

Do what you need to do to turn things around, let conventionalists go on about "precedent"-nonsense.
I still fear that Mark Murphy won't pull the hand grenade pin on either Gutey or McCoach (or both) to save face while he navigates his career to age 70. I hope I'm wrong. What the hell are Holmgren and Mooch doing these days, anyway? Maybe Mooch would like to coach the Green Bay Packers?!

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Labrev wrote:
20 Oct 2022 09:37
Half Empty wrote:
20 Oct 2022 08:29
TheSkeptic wrote:
19 Oct 2022 15:04

It could also be because he is not being allowed to do his job. The problem is the o. He is not in charge of the O
Isn't he in charge of the guy who's in charge of the O?
I think the implication was that while LaFleur is supposed to be in charge of the O, in reality, Rodgers is (and LaFleur cannot rein him in).
exactly.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Lafleur lost the war in GB. But he won in a way because he just got a contract extension last year. He literally rode Rodgers all the way to an extension, but now that snake will bite and kill him.

Lafleur bent the knee to 12 every step of the way. This worked during 12s MVP seasons. But now that 12 is old, taking up all the cap, and he still thinks hes amazing...Lafleur has totally lost control of the team. He cant do what needs to be done to fix the team, because its 12s team. 12 has all the power. And this is what we get.

But hey, At least he got his extension. Lafleur and Gute were terrified of life without 12, now they are about to get the horns due to lack of courage.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Scott4Pack wrote:
01 Nov 2022 18:09
When MLF was questioned, coming out of the locker room after halftime at the Bills, he said something good. He talked about just needing to play for the moment. It hardly mattered that we were down by so much and had little chance to beat the Bills. He was chatting it up about playing for NOW, with urgency, as a Green Bay Packer.

Now some will say that was nothing or just too late to do any good. But I’m going to take it that he reminded the players and coaches that they need to play their best ball, no matter the circumstances. It looked like the Offense took note of it too. Can’t say the same for the D.

But today he and AR went right back to abandoning the running game after all that success in Buffalo. Going into this game Detroit's run D was one of the worst in the league. smh

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
06 Nov 2022 16:22
Labrev wrote:
We aren't going to fire him because the Conventional Wisdom is you only fire coaches after you actually suffer losing seasons. The fact that that's how it's done doesn't make it smart, though. Some people went so far as to say we should have waited even longer to fire McCarthy to be "classy" -! They would have made players continue to be part of a clear Lost Cause for another four weeks just to keep up appearances.

It seems straightforwardly justifiable to me that if you believe you will end the year under .500, you need not wait for that to happen.

Do what you need to do to turn things around, let conventionalists go on about "precedent"-nonsense.
I still fear that Mark Murphy won't pull the hand grenade pin on either Gutey or McCoach (or both) to save face while he navigates his career to age 70. I hope I'm wrong. What the hell are Holmgren and Mooch doing these days, anyway? Maybe Mooch would like to coach the Green Bay Packers?!
:rotfl:

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Pugger wrote:
06 Nov 2022 18:36
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
06 Nov 2022 16:22
Labrev wrote:

:rotfl:
Mark Murphy needs to pull the plug on himself. Not having an owner is cute and unique but it is killing us. What a waste the last 12 years have been. Sick to my stomach.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pugger wrote:
06 Nov 2022 18:35
Scott4Pack wrote:

But today he and AR went right back to abandoning the running game after all that success in Buffalo. Going into this game Detroit's run D was one of the worst in the league. smh
The run game was horrible.

Can't just keep running if it's bad. Rodgers was our leading rusher on 4 attempts.

Dillon and Jones averaged 2.95 yards on 20 attempts.

It puts us in a horrible position if we have a bad first run.

Also teams are running 2 man shell and we still can't run. The run game has been poor this year.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

bud fox wrote:
06 Nov 2022 18:42
Pugger wrote:
06 Nov 2022 18:35
Scott4Pack wrote:

The run game was horrible.

Can't just keep running if it's bad. Rodgers was our leading rusher on 4 attempts.

Dillon and Jones averaged 2.95 yards on 20 attempts.

It puts us in a horrible position if we have a bad first run.

Also teams are running 2 man shell and we still can't run. The run game has been poor this year.
At least some here will realize that the Bills let the Pack run given the big lead last week. Never mind.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Nov 2022 17:17
Lafleur lost the war in GB. But he won in a way because he just got a contract extension last year. He literally rode Rodgers all the way to an extension, but now that snake will bite and kill him.

Lafleur bent the knee to 12 every step of the way. This worked during 12s MVP seasons. But now that 12 is old, taking up all the cap, and he still thinks hes amazing...Lafleur has totally lost control of the team. He cant do what needs to be done to fix the team, because its 12s team. 12 has all the power. And this is what we get.

But hey, At least he got his extension. Lafleur and Gute were terrified of life without 12, now they are about to get the horns due to lack of courage.
Great post. Cant imagine even a homer disagreeing with it. And if they do, I hope they explain.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Realist wrote:
06 Nov 2022 19:01
Drj820 wrote:

Great post. Cant imagine even a homer disagreeing with it. And if they do, I hope they explain.
Add the fact that Za'Darius has 8.5 sacks. Splain dat Gutey, please.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
06 Nov 2022 19:07
Realist wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Add the fact that Za'Darius has 8.5 sacks. Splain dat Gutey, please.
We got Preston Smith. Check out his contract. Yikes.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Realist wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

I’m sure Il be called a pessimist