Vikings and Lions Analyses

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
26 Dec 2022 22:24
go pak go wrote:
26 Dec 2022 22:06
Drj820 wrote:
26 Dec 2022 21:17

Little Matt needs to focus on having his team ready to play flawless football on Sunday. Fans should be about the 100th thing on his mind
I'd rather have Matt talk about fans in a public press conference than dispel his game plan to the media.

Like what you are expecting MLF to gain by thinking about something else besides the fans in a press conference?
I would rather Coach pretend he was revealing his game plan in the presser but actually have been planning something different for the real game. Just something to confuse the Vikings and maybe have them spend some time preparing for. For instance, he should have said “we are looking forward to a good week of practice. I’ve got some new packages to install I think could help us win. Love could come in for some QB runs, or if Watson can get healthy, we’ve actually been preparing him for some wild cat packages. He’s got great speed”

Then say “next question”
Wouldn’t saying all of that and devising that plan take considerably more time than saying ‘I want the crowd to be loud’?

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

:) :)
BF004 wrote:
27 Dec 2022 07:10
Bogey wrote:
26 Dec 2022 19:05
BF004 wrote:
26 Dec 2022 18:51

Rams game was awesome, didn’t sit down once.

Pumped :) for the Lions game, got a steal on some outdoor club seats like 2 weeks ago, $100 a pop. Win against the Vikings, and if Lions win too, could probably flip those for $400 each. But imma go.

You’re gunna have to let me up the escalator again, @Bogey :lol:
Alas, BF, I’m not by the escalator anymore.
Yeah, I knew that.

I’ll work on trying to come and find you.
I accidentally found you and your brother last time so maybe I’ll just keep wandering around till I stumble upon you. 😀
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Drj820 wrote:
26 Dec 2022 21:17
lupedafiasco wrote:
26 Dec 2022 21:12
Drj820 wrote:
26 Dec 2022 20:53

This is because a lot of season tickets are super old, but I don’t care. I want fans to be crazy and loud, I am crazy and loud for the 3 games I’ve been to. The jumbotron should instruct fans and maybe even hand out a flyer at the gate explaining etiquette…

But the coach and the qb need to coach and play better and stfu. They are ones that have lost three straight hole playoff games and have a losing record. They should be so introspective and critical toward fixing their own failures that they have no room to worry about the fans.

Like I said, talk about the fans after you’ve locked in a 1 seed. When you have a losing record, focus on yourself
They’ve had 1 seeds and the fans still show up weak. Imagine being owners of the team and not being mentioned in the same breath of fan bases like the Chiefs and Seahawks.
Little Matt needs to focus on having his team ready to play flawless football on Sunday. Fans should be about the 100th thing on his mind
Yeah . . . . Coach made a comment to a reporter. I'm sure he didn't spend hours pondering/analyzing crowd noise and Then a bunch more hours crafting the perfect wording to encourage fans to be louder. A 5 second span of time out of 165 hours between games. I wouldn't be too worried about the time commitment here - especially considering the advantages of a loud fan base.

Of all the things to criticize our coach about.

And maybe, if the crowd was louder, we wouldn't have had those home losses . . .

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Vikings have shown that they are beatable, as much as any team that has this many victories. But they are victories. We have to take that seriously.

In past years, Aaron Rodgers has had plenty of success against them. So, any team that can also find that secret sauce can beat them too. But if they get a lead, they can’t let up. Play ALL 60 minutes. These Vikes are making a living on come backs.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
27 Dec 2022 07:09
It’s gotten way better in recent years.

Not being yelled at by some old codger for standing. Fans smarter when O is on the field, no waves anymore, maybe during a timeout.

Games honestly were getting a bit stale there ‘16-19, but it’s a great high energy time again.
It's high time older people are given a fan involvement ability exam, if a person can't prove with a written statement from a certified physician they can stand for at least 15 minutes without rest, or scream to a decimal level of 105 they should be turned away at the gate :rotf:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

We could be 15-0 right now and some on this forum would burn midnight oil thinking of something to beatch about, thing is the rest of us know just as well as them just what our problems this season have been, but would rather be optimistic that we may be able to over come them, negative people drain the fun out of everything, obviously there just not getting any of the good things mother nature has provided like Ayahuasca, never seen Rodgers smile as much as he has this year :rotf:

KS Cheesehead
Reactions:

Post by KS Cheesehead »

Bogey where's your post for game day? Myself and the 3 young KS Cheeseheads will be in attendance and it'd be cool to see you before the game. Our GB friends have the tickets so I'm not even sure where our seats are.

GET LOUD everyone! Helps that it's flexed to 3:25 and we have a few more hours to tailgate and recover from NYE.

Go Pack!

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Yoop wrote:
27 Dec 2022 12:09
We could be 15-0 right now and some on this forum would burn midnight oil thinking of something to beatch about, thing is the rest of us know just as well as them just what our problems this season have been, but would rather be optimistic that we may be able to over come them, negative people drain the fun out of everything, obviously there just not getting any of the good things mother nature has provided like Ayahuasca, never seen Rodgers smile as much as he has this year :rotf:
2011 comes to mind.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I am very happy that MLF would encourage fans to get loud this weekend. Good grief, he hasn’t stopped being a coach by taking a whole five seconds to bait the fans. I hope he does it again too.

When I was at that Bear game where the resurrected Rodgers led them back, I swear that was the loudest crowd noise that I’ve ever heard. Sounded like three freight trains for a while.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I'm old school and don't buy into the crowd noise drama. On offense you have to execute your assignments and ad lib as necessary if the play blows up. On defense you have to stay in your lane and take opportunities as they present themselves even if its not on the play call, ala Dave Robinson rushing Meredith in the 1966 NFL Championship Game at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
27 Dec 2022 16:32
I'm old school and don't buy into the crowd noise drama. On offense you have to execute your assignments and ad lib as necessary if the play blows up. On defense you have to stay in your lane and take opportunities as they present themselves even if its not on the play call, ala Dave Robinson rushing Meredith in the 1966 NFL Championship Game at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas.

Understood. Fine. Then, I say this in all fun. Enjoy the noice thing as a fan. Even if it really doesn’t help the players, then just use it for motivation to get more into the game yourself. You won’t be disappointed.
:-)

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
27 Dec 2022 16:32
There’s a reason team simulate crowd noise in practices when they go on the road to certain teams. Crowd noise is a real advantage but it doesn’t exist in GB.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Long wait for season tickets is both a boon and detriment to the Packer team. As a detriment there are too many bitchy fans that aren't willing to put in the work to help the team. As BF said it was really bad in the 2010s, after the super bowl. It's not particularly bad now, but not the best, game in and game out.

I've said this before, but I go to games with my friend every few years as they're season ticket holders. NO ONE has ever seen the actual owners of the 2 ticket to their right and it is seat 3 and 4 off the aisle. That &%$@ needs to find a solution.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 27 Dec 2022 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Dec 2022 18:38
Long wait for season tickets is both a boon and detriment to the Packer team. As a detriment there are too many bitchy fans that aren't willing to put in the work to help the team. As BF said it was really bad in the 2010s, after the super bowl. It's not particularly bad now, but not the best, game in and game out.

I've said this before, but I go to games with my friend ever few years as their are season ticket holders. NO ONE has ever seen the actual owners of the 2 ticket to their right and it is seat 3 and 4 off the aisle. That &%$@ needs to find a solution.
The secondary market has access to so many tickets. How can Packers ticketholders be regulated?
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 27 Dec 2022 20:15, edited 2 times in total.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pckfn23 wrote:

I've said this before, but I go to games with my friend ever few years as their are season ticket holders. NO ONE has ever seen the actual owners of the 2 ticket to their right and it is seat 3 and 4 off the aisle. That &%$@ needs to find a solution.
Agree. Seems every game it seems there are a handful of opposing team fans in the Section where I sit. However on the flipside, the Packers crowd was electric / loud at the Cowboys and Rams games (snubbed out the opposing team's fans).

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
27 Dec 2022 19:55
Pckfn23 wrote:

The secondary market has access to so many tickets. How can Packers ticketholders be regulated?
About the only way they’re going to stop fans from selling off their tickets is for the team to raise prices to a level that mirrors the resale market. Take away the profit, take away the motivation to sell. Boom.

Do that and you’d also see that waiting list go down significantly. Boomx2.

I’m a problem solver.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
27 Dec 2022 20:32
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

About the only way they’re going to stop fans from selling off their tickets is for the team to raise prices to a level that mirrors the resale market. Take away the profit, take away the motivation to sell. Boom.

I’m a problem solver.
Wouldn’t work. Supply and demand. With only a limited amount of tickets available it would just increase the price of those being resold.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
27 Dec 2022 20:32
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

I’m a problem solver.
You would see empty seats and/or current ticket holders whose tix have been in the family 60 years have to give them up and only corporations would be able to buy them. The reason so many opposing fans are at Lambeau now is largely because of people selling their tickets to some games because they can't afford to pay and go to all the games.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

That's &%$@. People have been using season tickets as income for decades. Has little to do with affordability.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."