Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

For you guys who are talking about drops, have you compared the “drops per receiver” data to the number of opportunities that each receiver had? If you will, I’m gonna go out on a limb and suggest that only Doubs (and possibly the normally sure-handed Dillon) had significant issues. (Sammy Watkins does NOT count because he is gone!)

I remember times when Jordy Nelson had drop issues. But James Jones and Devante Adams had an entire season each where it seemed they couldn’t catch a ball if somebody stuck it into their hands. The Packers stuck (no pun intended) with all of those guys and they got a better player in every case. Doubs will be fine. Dillon’s 2022 was an aberration and he’ll be fine too. And the next WR/TE we draft this year will also be fine.

:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I get back to the facility on Saturday for rehab, so I’ll probably have to chop it up with [Hackett] when I’m back at the facility,” said Hall. “As long as the offense is running back friendly, I’ll be fine. So as long as they’re giving me the ball,I feel like we’re gonna have a good chance. So I’m excited to see what he does for our team.”

Hall admitted he talked about Rodgers when he connected with his former Iowa State teammate Allen Lazard after their game against Green Bay this past season.

“He says Aaron Rodgers is a real chill and down to earth guy. [He] sounds like a real cool guy to be around,” said Hall.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/definitely ... 11582.html

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
27 Jan 2023 12:53
For you guys who are talking about drops, have you compared the “drops per receiver” data to the number of opportunities that each receiver had? If you will, I’m gonna go out on a limb and suggest that only Doubs (and possibly the normally sure-handed Dillon) had significant issues. (Sammy Watkins does NOT count because he is gone!)

I remember times when Jordy Nelson had drop issues. But James Jones and Devante Adams had an entire season each where it seemed they couldn’t catch a ball if somebody stuck it into their hands. The Packers stuck (no pun intended) with all of those guys and they got a better player in every case. Doubs will be fine. Dillon’s 2022 was an aberration and he’ll be fine too. And the next WR/TE we draft this year will also be fine.

:-)
Adams was hurt his second season, but never used it as a excuse for drops, point is a couple 2 or 3 drops are average, but I saw what where catchable passes, not easy, but catchable, so when ya add up the 40 drops with another 20 or so that a good receiver would have hauled in it becomes far to many, and a lot of where 3rd or 4th down throws, ya can't wins games when the offense is on the bench.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Jan 2023 12:50
Yoop wrote:
27 Jan 2023 12:03
Drj820 wrote:
27 Jan 2023 11:46

?
whats important to keep in mind is that the players union limits the practice time, even informal PT, your blaming Rodgers for conditions the league allowed, I was sarcastic because this is such over blown mallarky, other vets didn't go to volunteer workouts and OTA's either, and Rodgers isn't the guy who decided no starters for PS games.

people just trashing Rodgers over this media driven hype with Doubs is so nit picky :thwap:
I didnt ask Rodgers to break any rules. Just asked the man we are paying 50 million dollars to attend OTAs with his rookie receivers so they can build some chemistry and be ready to score some points week one. We got slaughtered week one FYI.

Is asking the highest paid player on the team to attend OTAs too much to ask?
what is it you think happens at OTA's? and do you think Rodgers not knowing the size of Doubs jock strap size led to our loss against the Vikings :rotf:

Ota's are far more important to rookies and young players unless a whole new offense is emplemented or ya hire a new HC, OTA's help newbies learn offense and defensive schemes, vets easily pick up minor changes and adjustments in TC and PS games, the only physical thing about it are walk throughs in shorts.

other vet players don't attend either, QB's to,

Jurassic park scene, triple trianosorisis rex leaving after dumping a 5 ft steaming pile of doooo, if I had the ability to post a vid of that it would better explain my opinion of vet players not attending OTA's :rotf:

heres something for ya to get a grin on about, me sitting in on one of GPG seminars informing coworkers on the necessity of respect, civility, and brotherhood in the work place envirement. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rodeo: :horse: :kaboom:

wizard 87
Reactions:

Post by wizard 87 »

Yoop wrote:
27 Jan 2023 13:28
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

whats important to keep in mind is that the players union limits the practice time, even informal PT, your blaming Rodgers for conditions the league allowed, I was sarcastic because this is such over blown mallarky, other vets didn't go to volunteer workouts and OTA's either, and Rodgers isn't the guy who decided no starters for PS games.

people just trashing Rodgers over this media driven hype with Doubs is so nit picky :thwap:
I didnt ask Rodgers to break any rules. Just asked the man we are paying 50 million dollars to attend OTAs with his rookie receivers so they can build some chemistry and be ready to score some points week one. We got slaughtered week one FYI.

what is it you think happens at OTA's? and do you think Rodgers not knowing the size of Doubs jock strap size led to our loss against the Vikings :rotf:

Ota's are far more important to rookies and young players unless a whole new offense is emplemented or ya hire a new HC, OTA's help newbies learn offense and defensive schemes, vets easily pick up minor changes and adjustments in TC and PS games, the only physical thing about it are walk throughs in shorts.

other vet players don't attend either, QB's to,

Jurassic park scene, triple trianosorisis rex leaving after dumping a 5 ft steaming pile of doooo, if I had the ability to post a vid of that it would better explain my opinion of vet players not attending OTA's :rotf:

heres something for ya to get a grin on about, me sitting in on one of GPG seminars informing coworkers on the necessity of respect, civility, and brotherhood in the work place envirement. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rodeo: :horse: :kaboom:
Yoop,
Less Pat M show running his mouth and more practice time with his WR wouldn't hurt anyone and would lead to much better numbers for Rodgers. Saying he or any vet doesn't need practice time is a rather convoluted argument.

At any rate, I voted he's a packer next year, this whole drama filled off season will he won't him is what pisses people off and why AR has lost his luster. Easy peasy way to avoid it in that after-season presser was " I'll be back next year taking a couple of months off and away from it all... no interviews until I get back" Done...everything avoided.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wizard 87 wrote:
28 Jan 2023 08:40
Yoop,
Less Pat M show running his mouth and more practice time with his WR wouldn't hurt anyone and would lead to much better numbers for Rodgers. Saying he or any vet doesn't need practice time is a rather convoluted argument.

At any rate, I voted he's a packer next year, this whole drama filled off season will he won't him is what pisses people off and why AR has lost his luster. Easy peasy way to avoid it in that after-season presser was " I'll be back next year taking a couple of months off and away from it all... no interviews until I get back" Done...everything avoided.
no argument Wizard, simply attending and giving vocal support wouldn't hurt.
at this stage of his career though he might be a deterrent to what Lafleur wants to accomplish in the OTA's, to many teachers= to many chefs in the kitchen so to speak, and not expecting Rodgers to butt his nose into that stuff is expecting a lot, just spiffing here.
I can't argue the lack of chemistry he had with the new receivers, even with vet Watkins, we saw a lot of blown pass plays because of that, again though TC should have helped with that, same with PS games, so some of that falls on Lafeurs shoes.

agree, no one likes the wait for me to make up my mind, hold the team hostage garbage.
I expect he'll return, but I'am fine now with trading him for draft capitol at this point, either way works for me.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Yoop wrote:
27 Jan 2023 13:28
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

what is it you think happens at OTA's?
This. OTAs are basically like orientation week. They are practically useless. If they were doing training camp style practice than cool but it isn't.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

It's called "team building".

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

What do NFL teams do at OTA?

NFL OTAs, or organized team practice activities, are defined by the league as "in-person meetings and classroom instruction designed to help players improve during the offseason." These activities can only take place for 10 days during the course of phase three of the NFL's voluntary workout period.May 23, 2022

sounds like orientation and personal expectations for players in preparation of TC to me.

more, sounds actually like vets can a disturbance

Does Tom Brady attend OTAs?

Veteran players, especially those of Tom Brady's caliber don't typically attend OTAs. Buccaneers offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich is used to veterans like Brady not attending these workouts. “I don't need to see him,” Leftwich said.May 13, 2022

heres some more, basically Rodgers not attending OTA's is just more over blown BS to rag on Rodgers.

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/w ... g3s1vcd5gf

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
28 Jan 2023 16:40
What do NFL teams do at OTA?

NFL OTAs, or organized team practice activities, are defined by the league as "in-person meetings and classroom instruction designed to help players improve during the offseason." These activities can only take place for 10 days during the course of phase three of the NFL's voluntary workout period.May 23, 2022

sounds like orientation and personal expectations for players in preparation of TC to me.

more, sounds actually like vets can a disturbance

Does Tom Brady attend OTAs?

Veteran players, especially those of Tom Brady's caliber don't typically attend OTAs. Buccaneers offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich is used to veterans like Brady not attending these workouts. “I don't need to see him,” Leftwich said.May 13, 2022

heres some more, basically Rodgers not attending OTA's is just more over blown BS to rag on Rodgers.

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/w ... g3s1vcd5gf
Yet he did show up the week Byron said that lol

Brady wants to be there when the new guys are told about the offense. Brady wants to help them learn how HE wants them to learn it. Rodgers wants the rookies to know the O how he wants them to know the O too, he just prioritizes drug use in the offseason.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Jan 2023 17:42
Yet he did show up the week Byron said that lol
haaaa, ya, Byron probably thought, awe chit, that mo fer gonna be a pain in my arse all year, when Rodgers phoned in he would be a no show, Lafleur probably sighed with relief lol.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

What is purpose of this thread? It's left me speechless so far.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
28 Jan 2023 20:02
Entertainment :)

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Our posts will decide Rodgers's fate.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I could honestly seeing rodgers having a ghost account and monitoring the forums.

Wait…am I Aaron Rodgers? Or is it bud fox? :)

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Jan 2023 20:33
I could honestly seeing rodgers having a ghost account and monitoring the forums.

Wait…am I Aaron Rodgers? Or is it bud fox? :)
Hopefully he doesn't see the forums ... I would probably be added to a potential stalker list.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Another week, another Schefter report about Rodgers. Another “sources believe” thingy. Sigh.

The one thing that he did report that piqued my interest was that something like $58M of his scheduled pay is an “option bonus” that is payable from March 15 (start of league’s new year) and the day before week 1 game. I don’t recall having heard that in the past. (Forgive me if that’s been tossed around much here.) Seems to me that if this “option bonus” exists as roughly 98% of his scheduled pay, then he is letgoable more than we realize.

And let’s say that Rodgers and the Packers are both determined to part ways. This is a year with plenty of veteran QB (declining) talent available. Would he get preference over the likes of those other guys?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

It's an interesting bonus as it turns into basically a guaranteed signing bonus on pickup. $14 million hits the cap in 2023. Then there is another option bonus in 2024 of $47 million that means for 2024, 2025, and 2026 there is a bonus cap hit of $30 million each year.

If the 2023 bonus is not picked up, the entire $58 million amount turns into base salary in 2023. So if he remains on the Packers we have to pick it up, but that means we are on the hook for that entire amount, which means 2024's dead cap will go up by $44 million.

It's an honestly crazy contract that straps the team in 2024. If the team was a viable contender in 2023, I could see rolling the dice one more time, but sadly I don't see them getting appreciably better in 2023, even if the record does improve some.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Jan 2023 11:08
It's an interesting bonus as it turns into basically a guaranteed signing bonus on pickup. $14 million hits the cap in 2023. Then there is another option bonus in 2024 of $47 million that means for 2024, 2025, and 2026 there is a bonus cap hit of $30 million each year.

If the 2023 bonus is not picked up, the entire $58 million amount turns into base salary in 2023. So if he remains on the Packers we have to pick it up, but that means we are on the hook for that entire amount, which means 2024's dead cap will go up by $44 million.

It's an honestly crazy contract that straps the team in 2024. If the team was a viable contender in 2023, I could see rolling the dice one more time, but sadly I don't see them getting appreciably better in 2023, even if the record does improve some.
Precisely. This is about as good as anyone has ever explained it. Much, much better than I have ever explained it.

The contract itself is not entirely stupid. It is like you said...hedging the bet that Rodgers and the Packers window would be open for 2022 and 2023. But it also let it be that if 2023 showed it isn't going to happen...it lets both parties off the hook pretty easily.

And yes Scott4Pack, it has been mentioned numerous times on this forum that the actual deadline to make a move on Rodgers is Week 1. But I don't think either party wants to wait that long.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
not as speechless obviously as some here become seeing a baseball card of a 1930's player that you provide :thwap: :rotf:

it's all stuff we do to pass the minutes in our attempt to over come boredom, whats one mans pleasure is another mans ............ fill in that blank with whatever :lol: