Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Nice, they are in for a rude surprise when we play them. :aok:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Packers hosted USFL QB - Josh Love for a workout.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2023/0 ... josh-love/

IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Having 2 Jo. Loves at QB would be funny.

Would they have to do Jor. Love and Jos. Love? :lol:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Josh Love is under sized. And not an exceptional athlete. Can't find any evaluation of his arm strength but his TD to Interception rate is mediocre. Don't see much of a chance for him.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Huh

I really wanted him that offseason. I was advocating releasing Zadarius for him. Was mad at Z that offseason and he already had the back issues. Pretty sure both would have been injured either way, lol.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Why am I not smart enough to get why everyone is loving this tweet?

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

BF004 wrote:
02 Aug 2023 07:48
Huh

I really wanted him that offseason. I was advocating releasing Zadarius for him. Was mad at Z that offseason and he already had the back issues. Pretty sure both would have been injured either way, lol.
Nice to see that he's wearing a Burnley Football Club hat! (English Premier League, soccer not gridiron, in case you're wondering.)

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
02 Aug 2023 09:01

Dream drive
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:

Genetics?

Nah, @NCF probably gets it... :mrgreen:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Aug 2023 09:53
BF004 wrote:

Dream drive
I thought of that, but how is that funny, or a good post, or representative of all the comments?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
02 Aug 2023 10:15
Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Aug 2023 09:53
BF004 wrote:

Dream drive
I thought of that, but how is that funny, or a good post, or representative of all the comments?
No idea
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:

cause your over evaluating that tweet :lol:

to me it says come to Lambeau for practice and bring your bike so a player can take it for a ride, at least thats what it says to me :banana:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
02 Aug 2023 10:47
BF004 wrote:

to me it says come to Lambeau for practice and bring your bike so a player can take it for a ride, at least thats what it says to me :banana:
Hey Mike... This is a very "online" conversation.

Packers Twitter, which consists of probably 20-25 high-volume influencers that work for the various blog-style publications and podcasts, from bigger names like Andy Herman and Tom Grossi and Peter Bukowski to people like Tyler and Sam and Dusty and Perri and a host of other people I'm not really sure of but host pods or blogs like Last Call from Lambeau and Packs What She Said and Andy's whole complement of Pack-A-Day Podcast supporters

These people, while they have several disagreements and debates about Packers-related topics, have similar enough interests and activities that they often see the same information pushed toward them by their algorithms. And those of us who follow and handful of them get the same content pushed to us via those same algorithms.

That often leads to a group of 20-25 people presenting the appearance of something that "everyone is talking about." It's happened dozens of times this offseason when a random Bears blogger will make one specific post and EVERYONE in packers Twitter world will retweet it (sorry for using Twitter terminology instead of newly-branded X terminology) and then a war of words will break out about how bad "Bears fans" are.

In this case, there has been a running plotline of the Packers having a sub-par social media team and content all offseason. They were ranked last in some rankings and their schedule release video was widely panned.

For SOME reason, this "It's August get on the bike" has been retweeted by almost all of Packers Twitter with comments like "oh hey look! They hired new social media managers! Finally, good content!"

BF posted simply wondering why this post was seen as an improvement or relevant for compliments. I wondered the same thing. But Packers Twitter seems incredibly impressed by it.

And thus is the story behind BF wondering about the popularity of the Tweet, and of people who don't spend time on Twitter following the packers would have no idea what he's talking about.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Aug 2023 12:36
This is a very "online" conversation.
thanks Max for helping us non twitter (X-ers) to understand how something as simple as "get on the bike it's August" would become confusing.

when it comes to the Packers and training camp, Bicycles just seems normal to me :)

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
02 Aug 2023 12:49
YoHoChecko wrote:
thanks Max for helping us non twitter (X-ers) to understand how something as simple as "get on the bike it's August" would become confusing.

when it comes to the Packers and training camp, Bicycles just seems normal to me :)
My honest theory is that someone "in" the Packers Twitter community was hired to run the Packers social media and this was their first tweet and everyone who "knows" who this person is and were "friends" with them through their Packers Twitter community interactions retweeted it to drive engagement and help this person impress their bosses by getting off to a good start.

But that theory is 100% speculative and not important enough for me to investigate it in any way shape or form. Just not anything I care about, aside from caring enough to write these two posts about it here.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Thanks [mention]YoHoChecko[/mention] for explaining all of that 😂

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
Yoop wrote:
02 Aug 2023 10:47
BF004 wrote:

Hey Mike... This is a very "online" conversation.

Packers Twitter, which consists of probably 20-25 high-volume influencers that work for the various blog-style publications and podcasts, from bigger names like Andy Herman and Tom Grossi and Peter Bukowski to people like Tyler and Sam and Dusty and Perri and a host of other people I'm not really sure of but host pods or blogs like Last Call from Lambeau and Packs What She Said and Andy's whole complement of Pack-A-Day Podcast supporters

These people, while they have several disagreements and debates about Packers-related topics, have similar enough interests and activities that they often see the same information pushed toward them by their algorithms. And those of us who follow and handful of them get the same content pushed to us via those same algorithms.

That often leads to a group of 20-25 people presenting the appearance of something that "everyone is talking about." It's happened dozens of times this offseason when a random Bears blogger will make one specific post and EVERYONE in packers Twitter world will retweet it (sorry for using Twitter terminology instead of newly-branded X terminology) and then a war of words will break out about how bad "Bears fans" are.

In this case, there has been a running plotline of the Packers having a sub-par social media team and content all offseason. They were ranked last in some rankings and their schedule release video was widely panned.

For SOME reason, this "It's August get on the bike" has been retweeted by almost all of Packers Twitter with comments like "oh hey look! They hired new social media managers! Finally, good content!"

BF posted simply wondering why this post was seen as an improvement or relevant for compliments. I wondered the same thing. But Packers Twitter seems incredibly impressed by it.

And thus is the story behind BF wondering about the popularity of the Tweet, and of people who don't spend time on Twitter following the packers would have no idea what he's talking about.
I read that and thought it was weird too. I was thinking Sturgis. Motorcycle Rally starts this weekend. Was also thinking weird that the Packers would care.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Aug 2023 13:16
Yoop wrote:
02 Aug 2023 12:49
YoHoChecko wrote:

My honest theory is that someone "in" the Packers Twitter community was hired to run the Packers social media and this was their first tweet and everyone who "knows" who this person is and were "friends" with them through their Packers Twitter community interactions retweeted it to drive engagement and help this person impress their bosses by getting off to a good start.

But that theory is 100% speculative and not important enough for me to investigate it in any way shape or form. Just not anything I care about, aside from caring enough to write these two posts about it here.
Be cool if it was Corey Behnke. But yeah, pretty much wouldn’t care other than that.

**edit** I’d give Nathan Marzian whatever he wanted and let him run with it.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

BF004 wrote:

i guess there is a small but quiet anti-capital letter packers fan base

in twit...x there's already too much content for their mortal enemies: THE ALL CAPS NO BREAK LETS GO PAK GO FANATICS!

glad to see the packers pr department cater to the small letter fans among us

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
02 Aug 2023 14:01
Thanks @YoHoChecko for explaining all of that 😂
I could feel the pain in every character he was forced to strike while explaining it… :lol: