Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

So much attention on the youth of this roster, but I wouldn't have guessed this.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
14 Sep 2023 10:14
So much attention on the youth of this roster, but I wouldn't have guessed this.

I absolutely would have guessed this. We’ve been drafting elite measurables for a few years now.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Evidently Watson and A. Jones are not practicing yet this week. That doesn't bode well for them playing on Sunday.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pugger wrote:
15 Sep 2023 17:32
Evidently Watson and A. Jones are not practicing yet this week. That doesn't bode well for them playing on Sunday.
Sterling Sharpe missed alot of practices, but somehow consistently showed up on gamedays.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pugger wrote:
Watson did.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Sep 2023 17:55
Pugger wrote:
Watson did.
Yeah, I think I saw Watson was a limited participant at Friday’s practice.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
19 Sep 2023 12:12
Only wish Doubs could have gotten the same RAC!
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Why we don’t just stock on like 3-5 fourth rounders a year is beyond me.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
19 Sep 2023 15:29

It's kind of weird actually to think this is our first "hit" of the 4th rounder Lineman in the Gute era.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
20 Sep 2023 11:21
BF004 wrote:
19 Sep 2023 15:29

It's kind of weird actually to think this is our first "hit" of the 4th rounder Lineman in the Gute era.
now if he could just run block, I think he's better then his showing Sunday, arguably run blocking takes longer to gel early season then pass pro, but we sure need it now

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

2. GREEN BAY PACKERS
Projected Week 2 starters:
LT David Bakhtiari
LG Elgton Jenkins
C Josh Myers
RG Jon Runyan
RT Zach Tom

The Packers led the NFL in Week 1 with a 96.7 pass-blocking efficiency rating, as they allowed just two pressures and did not give up a single sack on 30 dropbacks.
After practicing at one position for most of the offseason, Zach Tom posted the highest single-game grade of his young career (84.8). He did not allow a single pressure and earned just one negative grade in the run game.
Best player: David Bakhtiari
When healthy, David Bakhtiari is still in the conversation for the best player at the most valuable offensive line position. He did not allow a single pressure against the Bears, and his 89.9 pass-blocking grade tied for the highest mark among offensive linemen in Week 1.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive- ... eek-2-2023
3. GREEN BAY PACKERS (DOWN 1)
Projected Week 3 starters:
LT Rasheed Walker
LG Royce Newman
C Josh Myers
RG Jon Runyan
RT Zach Tom

• Even though the Packers were without their best player in David Bakhtiari, the offensive line did not give up a single sack or quarterback hit against the Falcons.

• Backup left tackle Rasheed Walker allowed one pressure in Week 2 but earned a 57.4 overall grade due to some struggles in the run game.

Best player: Zach Tom
• Tom is the best player on the line in the absence of Bakhtiari and left guard Elgton Jenkins. The second-year right tackle has allowed just one pressure in the first two games of the season.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive- ... eek-3-2023

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Sep 2023 12:35
2. GREEN BAY PACKERS
Projected Week 2 starters:
LT David Bakhtiari
LG Elgton Jenkins
C Josh Myers
RG Jon Runyan
RT Zach Tom

The Packers led the NFL in Week 1 with a 96.7 pass-blocking efficiency rating, as they allowed just two pressures and did not give up a single sack on 30 dropbacks.
After practicing at one position for most of the offseason, Zach Tom posted the highest single-game grade of his young career (84.8). He did not allow a single pressure and earned just one negative grade in the run game.
Best player: David Bakhtiari
When healthy, David Bakhtiari is still in the conversation for the best player at the most valuable offensive line position. He did not allow a single pressure against the Bears, and his 89.9 pass-blocking grade tied for the highest mark among offensive linemen in Week 1.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive- ... eek-2-2023
3. GREEN BAY PACKERS (DOWN 1)
Projected Week 3 starters:
LT Rasheed Walker
LG Royce Newman
C Josh Myers
RG Jon Runyan
RT Zach Tom

• Even though the Packers were without their best player in David Bakhtiari, the offensive line did not give up a single sack or quarterback hit against the Falcons.

• Backup left tackle Rasheed Walker allowed one pressure in Week 2 but earned a 57.4 overall grade due to some struggles in the run game.

Best player: Zach Tom
• Tom is the best player on the line in the absence of Bakhtiari and left guard Elgton Jenkins. The second-year right tackle has allowed just one pressure in the first two games of the season.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive- ... eek-3-2023
I read this to, but you've already brought it, thanks, have you seen any run blocking grades? I saw one yesterday, not sure if it was PFF, but I don't recall any of our lineman with respectable run blocking grades, and now I can't find that article :idn:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Sep 2023 09:37
Those scores are all over the place. ESPN seems to hate the Bucs. Not a huge fan of us either.
RIP JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

The Falcons did sack Love once. A guy rushed untouched past Royce Newman in the first quarter.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Scott4Pack wrote:
20 Sep 2023 17:15
The Falcons did sack Love once. A guy rushed untouched past Royce Newman in the first quarter.
Pretty sure the play you are referring to was Walker.

Read More. Post Less.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

NCF wrote:
20 Sep 2023 17:26
Scott4Pack wrote:
20 Sep 2023 17:15
Pretty sure the play you are referring to was Walker.
You are probably right, if the TE was on that side.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!