Training Camp Pressers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I want to see yoop, lupe, and all the others who hated the Gary selection get into a debate with Mike Smith on the forum on whether he was a good draft pick or not. :rotf:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Man, the difference in the communication skills of our position coaches is night and day to our 2018 coaches.

David Raih on the offense and Winston Moss on the defense. :lol:

I mean just night and day difference in these interviews.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
21 Aug 2020 15:44
Man, the difference in the communication skills of our position coaches is night and day to our 2018 coaches.

Agreed with the exception of Patrick Graham. That guy has a bright future. He left to be Brian Flores' DC in Miami and then after doing that for a year, got hired as Assistant HC/DC for the Giants.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. So much more youth and energy, such better communicators.

Hopefully their football knowledge and educational ability is up to task as well, but very different staff for sure.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

go pak go wrote:

Before Moss, but I did like some Kevin Greene interviews too while he was here with the OLB's.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheGreenMan wrote:
21 Aug 2020 18:25
go pak go wrote:

Before Moss, but I did like some Kevin Greene interviews too while he was here with the OLB's.
But that was a dream staff too. I just feel like there is a lot of parrallels with this staff to those 09 to '12 staffs.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

My man EQ!

The most important info here is more retrospective understanding than future/current-oriented... that his injury required a surgery and that's why he went on a season-long IR; wasn't 100% until halfway through this offseason.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Sternberger confirms he did, indeed, have COVID. His symptoms weren't bad, recovery has been fine, and the team and everyone did a good job keeping everyone safe and adhering to the protocols.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
21 Aug 2020 15:16
I want to see yoop, lupe, and all the others who hated the Gary selection get into a debate with Mike Smith on the forum on whether he was a good draft pick or not. :rotf:
I would relish that opportunity.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

YoHoChecko wrote:
22 Aug 2020 15:00
The most important info here is that his injury required a surgery and that's why he went on a season-long IR; wasn't 100% until halfway through this offseason.
yeah, I was surprised by that one and it seems like the reporters were too. He lucked out having Dr Anderson in GB to do the surgery
But he's back and full- go for 2020 and he's going to turn a few heads this season...I'm really excited to see him play.
Given EQ's multi-lingual skills, I was disappointed the reporters didn't ask him a question in German:

" Warum saugen die Wikinger immer ?
IT. IS. TIME

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

MLF today was quick.

Sounds like we're getting Kumerow, Kamal Martin and Jon Runyan Jr today, if anyone wants to tune in to those guys.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BSA wrote:
24 Aug 2020 22:28
YoHoChecko wrote:
22 Aug 2020 15:00
The most important info here is that his injury required a surgery and that's why he went on a season-long IR; wasn't 100% until halfway through this offseason.
yeah, I was surprised by that one and it seems like the reporters were too. He lucked out having Dr Anderson in GB to do the surgery
But he's back and full- go for 2020 and he's going to turn a few heads this season...I'm really excited to see him play.
Given EQ's multi-lingual skills, I was disappointed the reporters didn't ask him a question in German:

" Warum saugen die Wikinger immer ?
:lol: :beer2:
image.png
image.png (17.21 KiB) Viewed 469 times

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Guys, Kamal Martin is so boring.

I mean, I like what he has to say, but he just sounds like an emotionless coachspeak drone

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Aug 2020 13:14

I mean, I like what he has to say, but he just sounds like an emotionless coachspeak drone
I loved it! :lol:

Reporters sucked as usual with the questions, but loved his attitude and communication, stayed on point.

Gotta be one of my new favorite Packers early on.

BEAST!!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Aug 2020 13:14

Holy cliche. :rotf:

He literally said every coachspeak and cliche phrase there is in the game of football and life in general.

I mean it actually is hilarious how robotic he is.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

All the offensive coaches spoke on the day off of practice yesterday.

I found it MUCH less interesting than the defensive coaches last week. The biggest nugget of info I gained was about how MVS was off on many of the details of his assignments that disrupted the timing of plays and routes even when he beat his man, hence the lack of playing time.

The TE coach's stuff seemed like traditional coachspeak. The OL coach didn't say anything to make us feel better about RT. Ben Sirmans seems legit. Anyway, here they are if you're interested:

OC Hackett:

OL Stenovith

RBs Ben Sirmans

WRs Vrabel

TEs Outten

QBs Getsy

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Jonthan Garvin who has honestly had a great camp and I think a lock for the 53. Just seems like an upstanding guy and someone we want on the Packers.

Oh and once again another causal shout out to how Rashan Gary is obsessed with his craft.

Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I actually haven't watched this yet, but the Packers chose 3 longshots who made the roster for media availability yesterday, which I think is pretty cool. Malik Taylor, Yosh Nijmen, and Randy Ramsey.