Week 8 Post Game: Vikings ∞, Packers 10

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BF004 wrote:
29 Oct 2023 17:06
bud fox wrote:
29 Oct 2023 15:33
Did we lose something that has made our wrs, oline and rbs look worse this year?

Time for Clifford. Love is not going from where he is now to a NFL starting QB.
First question, yes.

Love had 10 more games this year, short of a catastrophically bad season (looking more plausible), he’s gunna get 17 more.

He’s shown a lot of flashes. We are like just one more play away from best in Denver and Las Vegas, few less drops and some cleaner ball beating Minnesota today. He’s still got a great chance.

He isn’t ‘super far’ off from 5-2, granted we’ve had a very easy schedule.

Question we were asking, swap him Brock Purdy, how does everything change. Seems like he be 5-2 in not better right now on the 49ers.

All I know is I don’t know yet. This cluster duck of injuries, irresponsibly young team, poor OL penalties, drops. Just feel like I’m no closer to knowing if he can be the guy or not.

But I think he’s got 27 more games to show it.
If he gets 27 more games and fails, I would advocate cleaning house and let the new regime (from Murphy on down) come in and try their hands at replicating what Ron Wolf did. If Love or any other player fails after 27 more games I'd put the failure on LaFleur, not any specific player.
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 29 Oct 2023 20:32, edited 1 time in total.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

I wish we had some team reporters with brains. MLF press conference "What went wrong in the RZ?". A good reporter would ask "Why do you prefer to run Dillon next to Jordan out of the shotgun instead of Jordan under center and Dillon in the I formation running with a head of steam?" Or "why is Jones never on the field inside the 10 yd line?"

I'm dying to know why he consistently chooses to do that. And not one reporter ever asks him.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

BF004 wrote:
bud fox wrote:
Did we lose something that has made our wrs, oline and rbs look worse this year?

First question, yes.

Love had 10 more games this year, short of a catastrophically bad season (looking more plausible), he’s gunna get 17 more.

He’s shown a lot of flashes. We are like just one more play away from best in Denver and Las Vegas, few less drops and some cleaner ball beating Minnesota today. He’s still got a great chance.

Question we were asking, swap him Brock Purdy, how does everything change. Seems like he be 5-2 in not better right now on the 49ers.

All I know is I don’t know yet. This cluster duck of injuries, irresponsibly young team, poor OL penalties, drops. Just feel like I’m no closer to knowing if he can be the guy or not.

Love is probably the worst starting qb in the nfl based on what we see in front of our eyes. Accuracy, bad feet, not seeing field.

Rodgers won 9 games with this group last year with a broken thumb on his throwing hand and a harder schedule. A broken thumb.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

bud fox wrote:
29 Oct 2023 17:28
BF004 wrote:
bud fox wrote:

First question, yes.

Love is probably the worst starting qb in the nfl based on what we see in front of our eyes. Accuracy, bad feet, not seeing field.

Rodgers won 9 games with this group last year with a broken thumb on his throwing hand and a harder schedule. A broken thumb.
Zach Wilson and Daniel Jones are right there aswell.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

There will always be those that pretend rodgers first year was anything as bad as this. However, Rodgers had a better coach, more talent, and better players to throw to.

Love can’t be evaluated bc his coaches system is completely broken
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
29 Oct 2023 17:28
BF004 wrote:
bud fox wrote:

First question, yes.

The Packers won 8 games in 2022 there slugger.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Meanwhile the forum crush 49ers keep losing.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Oct 2023 17:58
There will always be those that pretend rodgers first year was anything as bad as this. However, Rodgers had a better coach, more talent, and better players to throw to.

He has to be evaluated. You can't give free years to players in the NFL.

He needs to be much better - I don't think he can be.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

bud fox wrote:
29 Oct 2023 18:46
Drj820 wrote:
29 Oct 2023 17:58

He has to be evaluated. You can't give free years to players in the NFL.

He needs to be much better - I don't think he can be.
Yes. One observation we can make is that he is not good enough to overcome pig slop. So we know that.

But if things around him were right could he work? That’s what I was hoping we could learn. Because then we might could pay him about 25m a year and have a lot of money for the rest of the roster.

As of now the coach and gm are so bad, that we just suck without HOF qb play to mask their sins.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I used to make fun of Bears fans because they would say things like Justin Fields is good but everything around him is bad.

When will Packers fans learns good QBs will elevate poor talent.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Oct 2023 18:52
I used to make fun of Bears fans because they would say things like Justin Fields is good but everything around him is bad.

When will Packers fans learns good QBs will elevate poor talent.
Jordan Love isn’t playing well. I’m not arguing he is.

But how in the hell is he supposed to “elevate” poor talent when they continually drop balls, commit penalties, run wrong routes in tandem with each other, and, in the case of Aaron Jones, find themselves on the bench during critical plays?

This obsession you have with blaming Love for everything is every bit as ridiculous as what you whine about with Rodgers from last year. Love is a piece of a failed team right now just as Rodgers was last year.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The problem with saying how trash juice bad the Packers roster was last year is that it invalidates that last statement. :rotf:
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 29 Oct 2023 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Rodgers has a broken thumb on his throwing hand and still got 8 wins with a harder schedule.

Love is constantly throwing poor balls. Either too high, wide or short.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

bud fox wrote:
29 Oct 2023 19:14
Rodgers has a broken thumb on his throwing hand and still got 8 wins with a harder schedule.

Or late

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:

Aaron Rodgers was 3-3 before the thumb brake.
Aaron Rodgers was 5-6 after the thumb brake.

Though I can't think of games Rodgers won in the thumb era where the team let him down like the offense has done to Love and the Packers still won.

The thumb era was basically the Cowboys and then just get the ball to Watson

Not sayin Love is playing well. But the whole 2022 Rodgers comparison is pretty stupid.
Yoop wrote:

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

APB wrote:
29 Oct 2023 19:00
Jordan Love isn’t playing well. I’m not arguing he is.

But how in the hell is he supposed to “elevate” poor talent when they continually drop balls, commit penalties, run wrong routes in tandem with each other, and, in the case of Aaron Jones, find themselves on the bench during critical plays?

This obsession you have with blaming Love for everything is every bit as ridiculous as what you whine about with Rodgers from last year. Love is a piece of a failed team right now just as Rodgers was last year.
Yes. Look at Love's interception today. He threw to Reed, Reed got both hands on the ball, and then a Minnesota Viking came and took the ball off him like a playground bully. Nothing Love can do about that.

Look at the first late redzone opportunity. Love threw the ball right between Wicks' numbers for a first down, if not a touchdown. Wicks dropped it. What's Love supposed to do, run over there and hand it to him on a plate?

Look at the second late redzone opportunity. 3rd and 16, we need something a bit special - he threw to Watson who was single covered, and Watson just stood and waited for the ball. The defender battled for it and knocked it away. Doesn't Watson know he's allowed to battle too?

Brock Purdy got mentioned earlier in the thread. Today he threw a 30-or-so yard pass to George Kittle, one of the league's top receiving tight ends, and the commentators waxed lyrical about what a great route he ran and how he gave Purdy such a good target. Love hasn't got that. I doubt he has anyone who would be considered an above average receiver. Perhaps they will improve, but the combination of a rookie (or near-rookie) QB and a set of receivers with no more than 1 year experience, is a recipe for failure. Favre had Sterling Sharpe to throw to in his early years; Rodgers had Driver and Jennings. Give Love someone like that and we would get a better idea of whether he can go on to be a viable starter.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Memories of the 1980s for me. Those teams had some talent but were poorly coached and managed.

My view, after today and the past month, is:

1. MLF doesn't help with his offensive play calling. The scheme is terrific, if only the guys on the field would execute it. In particular, MLF doesn't call 33 nearly enough. And he's way too predictable on short yardage.

2. The OLine isn't good enough. They are improving but are still to inconsistent. I actually have some hope for them, at least in the passing game. They still don't show any ability in the run game in making the first block, let alone going to the second level. But it's slooooowly coming along.

3. Our WRs aren't doing the brain work. They are consistently in the wrong places or getting to the right place at the wrong time. And it seems like all of them get outmuscled for jump balls. Watson isn't showing much of anything. Can't this guy at least run a drag pattern for 8 yards? Doubs or Wicks are the best of the bunch. And they don't go to Wicks nearly enough either.

4. The D has ZERO people capable of making turnovers, save perhaps Walker. He's had three INTs this year and dropped two. The guys have talent, again. But they are showing their plans to the offenses. Are they just that predictable? Cousins totally had them today, even without his best WR.

5. Love is going to be a good QB. He can throw to any spot on the field. He is able to improvise. He can run. I think his main thing is that the speed of the game still isn't slowing down enough for him or he's just thinking too much. (Big boots to fill?) If it slows down for him and/or if the WRs/TEs start to get their stuff together, he'll be really good. Just no telling how long that'll take.

Finally, this is a bottom three team. They are unorganized, undisciplined, chaotic, inexperienced on offense, poorly coached, have many injuries, and now they are beginning to think that they are losers. Worse, we are less than da Bears. I'll be pleased if we win two more games this year. I'd love to be more optimistic. But this team is a dumpster fire right now.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004 wrote:
bud fox wrote:

First question, yes.

Advice to others, don’t drunk post on phone 😂

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
29 Oct 2023 19:22
bud fox wrote:

Though I can't think of games Rodgers won in the thumb era where the team let him down like the offense has done to Love and the Packers still won.

Not sayin Love is playing well. But the whole 2022 Rodgers comparison is pretty stupid.
Lol the wrs were rookies last year.

Numbers speak for themselves but geez comments show the lack of understanding.

What do you even watch? This oline is basically the same as last year. Wrs a little older. Tes a little faster. Like stop please.

Rodgers is a all time qb it is embarrassing how you all act. First ball last year perfect Rodgers to Watson drop. This year Love is missing on everything. Wrs have to come back to the ball constantly.

In prior year's Rodgers off by a inch and you would see 23 writing about it for 3 pages. This year Love connects on a terribly thrown ball but broken coverage - ohh wow what a throw. It's embarrassing.

Everybody on the right side just lap it up. We were right baby. We knew it all along. You were wrong.

How do you even watch football and think Rodgers was the problem? Actually how do you have any form or logic and think Rodgers was the problem.

Hilarious.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

bud fox wrote:
29 Oct 2023 19:46
go pak go wrote:
29 Oct 2023 19:22
bud fox wrote:

Lol the wrs were rookies last year.

Numbers speak for themselves but geez comments show the lack of understanding.

What do you even watch? This oline is basically the same as last year. Wrs a little older. Tes a little faster. Like stop please.

Rodgers is a all time qb it is embarrassing how you all act. First ball last year perfect Rodgers to Watson drop. This year Love is missing on everything. Wrs have to come back to the ball constantly.

In prior year's Rodgers off by a inch and you would see 23 writing about it for 3 pages. This year Love connects on a terribly thrown ball but broken coverage - ohh wow what a throw. It's embarrassing.

Everybody on the right side just lap it up. We were right baby. We knew it all along. You were wrong.

How do you even watch football and think Rodgers was the problem? Actually how do you have any form or logic and think Rodgers was the problem.

Hilarious.
it was fun standing in the trenches with you and taking bullets from the haters. we were right!