Week 8 Post Game: Vikings ∞, Packers 10

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TB4
Reactions:

Post by TB4 »

But I think he’s got 27 more games to show it.
I dont think The Packers Organization gives him 27 more games to evaluate him. They can remove all the mistakes, drops, and penalties and see what they need to see from Love to evaluate him right now. These people are professional scouts, coaches and talent evaluators. They know what too look for from real game tape. By not taking Love's 5th year option and reworking his contract into a 2 year restructure, they already knew he most likely wasnt the answer. The only thing they were missing was regular season film- They have that now and can remove the other players bone-headed play and focus on what Love can do and what he struggles with. His foot work is atrocious, his arm angles are more atrocious, his lack of field vision, anticipation, touch, and leadership qualities can be seen.
I do think he plays 18 more games for us, as there really is no need not to keep him for 1 more year to allow for the first round draft pick to learn the offense.
Its more likely that until Murphy is gone, this front office stays and coaches stay ( maybe not Barry, someone will be this years sacrifical offering) until we have a new president who then cleans house and we can only hope he has a QB for the future.
If all their egos factor in and they cant admit they were wrong, even though they have already admitted it with no confidence in the Love's 5th year option, well then we probably take a WR high or Left Tackle and Love will still suck amd we will keep getting high draft picks and take a QB with a new front office. Either way, we will be broken for a few years and lead the league in rolling over cap space in 2025.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
29 Oct 2023 19:00
lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Oct 2023 18:52
I used to make fun of Bears fans because they would say things like Justin Fields is good but everything around him is bad.

When will Packers fans learns good QBs will elevate poor talent.
Jordan Love isn’t playing well. I’m not arguing he is.

But how in the hell is he supposed to “elevate” poor talent when they continually drop balls, commit penalties, run wrong routes in tandem with each other, and, in the case of Aaron Jones, find themselves on the bench during critical plays?

This obsession you have with blaming Love for everything is every bit as ridiculous as what you whine about with Rodgers from last year. Love is a piece of a failed team right now just as Rodgers was last year.
I think both are true. I think Love is bad and we have a bad roster. I’m not sure why this is hard for fans to follow along.

Even when everything is fine Love is still inaccurate on the field. What are we talking about here?
Cancelled by the forum elites.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

TB4 wrote:
29 Oct 2023 19:55
But I think he’s got 27 more games to show it.
I dont think The Packers Organization gives him 27 more games to evaluate him. They can remove all the mistakes, drops, and penalties and see what they need to see from Love to evaluate him right now. These people are professional scouts, coaches and talent evaluators. They know what too look for from real game tape. By not taking Love's 5th year option and reworking his contract into a 2 year restructure, they already knew he most likely wasnt the answer. The only thing they were missing was regular season film- They have that now and can remove the other players bone-headed play and focus on what Love can do and what he struggles with. His foot work is atrocious, his arm angles are more atrocious, his lack of field vision, anticipation, touch, and leadership qualities can be seen.
I do think he plays 18 more games for us, as there really is no need not to keep him for 1 more year to allow for the first round draft pick to learn the offense.
Its more likely that until Murphy is gone, this front office stays and coaches stay ( maybe not Barry, someone will be this years sacrifical offering) until we have a new president who then cleans house and we can only hope he has a QB for the future.
If all their egos factor in and they cant admit they were wrong, even though they have already admitted it with no confidence in the Love's 5th year option, well then we probably take a WR high or Left Tackle and Love will still suck amd we will keep getting high draft picks and take a QB with a new front office. Either way, we will be broken for a few years and lead the league in rolling over cap space in 2025.
Brilliant. It's like i created a second account.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

bud fox wrote:
29 Oct 2023 19:46
Lol the wrs were rookies last year.

Numbers speak for themselves but geez comments show the lack of understanding.

What do you even watch? This oline is basically the same as last year. Wrs a little older. Tes a little faster. Like stop please.
You're wrong about Lazard and Cobb being rookies. You need to check your sources. Watson and Doubs are not older than Lazard and Cobb were last year.

As for the oline being basically the same, you might be in a minority if you think Tom and Walker aren't a downgrade from Bakhtiari and Nijman.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Oct 2023 20:19
APB wrote:
29 Oct 2023 19:00
lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Oct 2023 18:52
I used to make fun of Bears fans because they would say things like Justin Fields is good but everything around him is bad.

When will Packers fans learns good QBs will elevate poor talent.
Jordan Love isn’t playing well. I’m not arguing he is.

But how in the hell is he supposed to “elevate” poor talent when they continually drop balls, commit penalties, run wrong routes in tandem with each other, and, in the case of Aaron Jones, find themselves on the bench during critical plays?

This obsession you have with blaming Love for everything is every bit as ridiculous as what you whine about with Rodgers from last year. Love is a piece of a failed team right now just as Rodgers was last year.
I think both are true. I think Love is bad and we have a bad roster. I’m not sure why this is hard for fans to follow along.

Even when everything is fine Love is still inaccurate on the field. What are we talking about here?
100%

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

dsr wrote:
29 Oct 2023 20:31
bud fox wrote:
Lol the wrs were rookies last year.

Numbers speak for themselves but geez comments show the lack of understanding.

What do you even watch? This oline is basically the same as last year. Wrs a little older. Tes a little faster. Like stop please.
You're wrong about Lazard and Cobb being rookies. You need to check your sources. Watson and Doubs are not older than Lazard and Cobb were last year.

As for the oline being basically the same, you might be in a minority if you think Tom and Walker aren't a downgrade from Bakhtiari and Nijman.
Bahk was broken - in and out.

Rodgers won mvp without bahk and Jenkins.

Please.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop was right too even tho many persecuted him. We neglected the wide receiver position for so long, and now they all suck.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

bud fox wrote:
29 Oct 2023 20:34

Please.
I don't see the relevance. How does Rodgers winning MVP in 2020 and 2021 prove that the 2022 line and the 2023 line are not much different from each other?

Any debate entitled "Is Bakhtiari a better left tackle than Walker" isn't going to be a long debate. You will have few supporters. Even the Bakhtiari who started last season was better than Walker.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

dsr wrote:
29 Oct 2023 20:45
bud fox wrote:
29 Oct 2023 20:34

Please.
I don't see the relevance. How does Rodgers winning MVP in 2020 and 2021 prove that the 2022 line and the 2023 line are not much different from each other?

Any debate entitled "Is Bakhtiari a better left tackle than Walker" isn't going to be a long debate. You will have few supporters. Even the Bakhtiari who started last season was better than Walker.
The line was good enough without bahk and Jenkins to win an mvp.

The problem is you had a qb who established the pocket and saw the rush. Now you have a qb that either freezes or escapes the pocket. He is poor.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Lafleur better brush up on his chinese

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Oct 2023 20:43
Yoop was right too even tho many persecuted him. We neglected the wide receiver position for so long, and now they all suck.
Of course ... Murphy in an interview said you don't need good wrs with Rodgers. They invested everything in def and continually got it wrong.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

bud fox wrote:
How do you even watch football and think Rodgers was the problem?
Nice try. Don't hurt your back moving those goalposts
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Oct 2023 20:43
This is such a stupid trolling post, at least I think it’s gotta be. Don’t think many ever argued against that, ever, and not sure how this gets continually misconstrued.

If he was ever ‘persecuted’, it wasn’t because people disagreed with him. It was because he said it in literally every thread a dozen times. And every time he was called out, that was intentionally and specifically mentioned. I’ve wanted more WRs every draft and every trade deadline. I will and never would have argued that point.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I'm sorry guys. What are you trying to prove here?

Are you going after that Rodgers is better than Love?

Are you trying to pound the table that a future HOFer and arguably best quarterback in franchise history is better than an unproven first time starter because he had one more win at this point last year than Love does right now?

I mean I can get on board with that. Love has played that poorly since Week 3 yeah.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
29 Oct 2023 21:52

Are you trying to pound the table that a future HOFer and arguably best quarterback in franchise history is better than an unproven first time starter because he had one more win at this point last year than Love does right now?

I mean I can get on board with that. Love has played that poorly since Week 3 yeah.
welcome aboard

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Oct 2023 21:55
go pak go wrote:

welcome aboard
Aboard what?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
29 Oct 2023 22:02
Drj820 wrote:
29 Oct 2023 21:55
go pak go wrote:

welcome aboard
Aboard what?
The winning team.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Good to have you onboard gpg.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Shout out to the Packernet podcast. Clayton on there has been spitting facts for about 2 seasons now. Ryan has finally gotten in board with the real problems with this organization.

Top notch Packers podcast right now because they aren’t scared to lose their credentials… because they don’t have any.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

It’s time for the final holdouts to admit the truth: Aaron Rodgers was a good football player.