Rasul Traded to Bills

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Suuuulll

Amazing
No votes
Good
11%
Ok
33%
Don’t like it
50%
Fire TT
6%

Total votes: 18

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
31 Oct 2023 15:15
Drj820 wrote:
31 Oct 2023 14:57
better sell some more pieces if we really are tanking. I think this is punishment for Sully calling out the Offense.

He said "They are not young, and if they are, they gotta grow up. It aint no such thing as being young. You had what? 5 games? Thats enough"

Lafleur only lets Bakh be honest.
Yes, we were already made aware of your bakhtiari opinion 2 posts earlier. In this thread about Rasul Douglas. Can you please hold back on the pet topics?
About 55 words of a 60 word post were about rasul. Sorry that I think his comments were a factor, mod.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
31 Oct 2023 15:14
Labrev wrote:
31 Oct 2023 14:52
Happy for him, he deserves to play for a competitive team. Sad to see him go. 'Curious to see what we got. He was probably not in the long-term plans, but we lose a good player and veteran leadership on a team that lacks both.

This is not a move you make if you see yourself being competitive, but it is probably wise to be sellers than buyers at the trade deadline.
does anyone have a inkling what those long term plans are? personally I think we are in wing it mode, personally I don't think Gutekunst even has a plan, not when it came to Love anyway, he was late to redo the receiver room as well as making sure this OL wouldn't derail this season, and now it appears he's content to tank this season.

making it really hard for me to be a loyal Packer fan and supportive, I'am entering the zone of firing everyone from Murphy on down, and starting from scratch, it's been one poor decision after another imo since 2016
For someone who preaches to us millineals we aren't true fans and haven't lived through the 70s and 80s...you certainly don't take losing and admitting losing very well.

This was a good move. Rasul wasn't in our long term plans.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Great move. I didnt expect getting a 3rd for him. I thought at best we could get a 5th based on age and contract. This is a steal IMO because Douglas would be on the way out when we would be entering a possible chance to compete again. Good move by Gutenbumst. Douglas played too well to bench and you need to find out if Stokes has improved his bumminess.

At the same time this team has very few leaders right now and Douglas was one of them. The door is open for Quay to really take on the attitude of this defense. You are the middle. You make the calls and checks on defense. Be a vocal leader and the plays will listen and step up. But he cant bark and not bite. He needs to start playing more physical against the run.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

My guess living in Bills country is that this was definitely a huge get for them. They missed on the Elam pick so this helps them right now. I also can see them moving Sul to safety in a couple of years to replace Micah Hyde as the veteran leader ball hawk back there.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
31 Oct 2023 15:25
Yoop wrote:
31 Oct 2023 15:14
Labrev wrote:
31 Oct 2023 14:52
Happy for him, he deserves to play for a competitive team. Sad to see him go. 'Curious to see what we got. He was probably not in the long-term plans, but we lose a good player and veteran leadership on a team that lacks both.

This is not a move you make if you see yourself being competitive, but it is probably wise to be sellers than buyers at the trade deadline.
does anyone have a inkling what those long term plans are? personally I think we are in wing it mode, personally I don't think Gutekunst even has a plan, not when it came to Love anyway, he was late to redo the receiver room as well as making sure this OL wouldn't derail this season, and now it appears he's content to tank this season.

making it really hard for me to be a loyal Packer fan and supportive, I'am entering the zone of firing everyone from Murphy on down, and starting from scratch, it's been one poor decision after another imo since 2016
For someone who preaches to us millineals we aren't true fans and haven't lived through the 70s and 80s...you certainly don't take losing and admitting losing very well.

This was a good move. Rasul wasn't in our long term plans.
again how long are the long term plans, ya don't get forever to get this right, and Rasul has years left in him same with Smith even, and everyone else you tankers want to sell, get this straight, if your for tanking, then yes you are a lousy Packers fan, and that is the only time I ever said anything like that.

I'am not interested in what this team can become, specially in 3 or 4 years,, we spent a decade of futility, using almost every draft resource on defense, why would you ever think I'd go along with doing that again, your right, when a GM screws up as much as Gute has then I have very little trust he will get anything right.

the guy we should be selling off is Gutekunst.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
31 Oct 2023 15:24
BF004 wrote:
31 Oct 2023 15:15
Drj820 wrote:
better sell some more pieces if we really are tanking. I think this is punishment for Sully calling out the Offense.

He said "They are not young, and if they are, they gotta grow up. It aint no such thing as being young. You had what? 5 games? Thats enough"

Yes, we were already made aware of your bakhtiari opinion 2 posts earlier. In this thread about Rasul Douglas. Can you please hold back on the pet topics?
About 55 words of a 60 word post were about rasul. Sorry that I think his comments were a factor, mod.
Speaking of Bakhtiari...

His release and this move, I think we should be flirting with close to $45 million in cap space next offseason (which is not inclusive of Gary, no details yet, I'd wager around $8-10 hit next year.)

Likely to be players in FA next year. Need some kind of functioning safety, TE and something on the OL. We at least have bodies at other positions, but those are empty.

Saints are currently $87M over the cap next year again. :lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
31 Oct 2023 15:31
Great move. I didnt expect getting a 3rd for him.
That's a bit generous, a pick 90 for for 135 swap comes out around the 12th pick in the 4th round from trade value chart.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Obviously he's not in their "long term plans" but he's certainly I a guy I could have seen here for the next 2-3 years playing at a good level. He's one of the few brightish spots we've had this year. Unless he blew up at someone behind the scenes and showed himself to not be a team player, on the outside looking in, I don't really like this move.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Luke warm on this. I think Rasul for a low salary this year and like $8 million next year. I'd have prefer to extend him and trade maybe Preston for a 6th.

Rasul could be an above average starting CB, likely at a somewhat fair salary, for at least ~3-5 more years.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

musclestang wrote:
31 Oct 2023 15:50
Obviously he's not in their "long term plans" but he's certainly I a guy I could have seen here for the next 2-3 years playing at a good level. He's one of the few brightish spots we've had this year. Unless he blew up at someone behind the scenes and showed himself to not be a team player, on the outside looking in, I don't really like this move.
Interesting. It could be possible the team didnt take to him being so vocal in the offseason. Its the reason we got rid of Mike Daniels. We dont like men being men in this organization.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:

💯 This was a bad trade when you consider the Bills 3rd will be late and the Packers 5th will be high. Total retaliation by MLF and Gute. So thin skinned. But Rasul goes to a competitor so good for him.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

wallyuwl wrote:
31 Oct 2023 15:52
Drj820 wrote:

💯 This was a bad trade when you consider the Bills 3rd will be late and the Packers 5th will be high. Total retaliation by MLF and Gute. So thin skinned. But Rasul goes to a competitor so good for him.
You jump a whole round. Im all for a good bashing of Gutenbumst but this is a great move. Douglas was never going to contribute anything to this team. Even at the point when hes looking to walk in FA you are probalby looking to buy in FA so you wouldnt even get a comp pick.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
31 Oct 2023 15:31
Douglas would be on the way out when we would be entering a possible chance to compete again.
Douglas still has 5 or 6 good years in him, you want to dump everyone believing we some how will draft or acquire better players then where selling off, yet you have often shown that Gute isn't a good drafter, which I tend to believe,.

possible chance to compete is next year, not 4 or 5 years from now.

to me this is what APB talked about, dumping studs to assure losing for lower draft slotting.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

I like this move. Like I said in a previous post, there are very few players on this roster that I wouldn't entertain offers for right now if I were GM.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think the obvious conclusion we should all jump to immediately is the GM and Lacoach's feelings.

And don't get me started about Mark Murphy. Wake up sheeple!
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

My overall assessment is Douglas is only an outside corner when we also have Alexander and Stokes as outside corners.

Douglas has always been flirted with "should he be a safety? should he be a nickle?"

Douglas is awesome. I love the player. I love the man. But I am also okay with dumping assets when we clearly aren't going anywhere in the forseeable future. Let Valentine grow and develop. we aren't going to win anyways.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Papa John wrote:
31 Oct 2023 15:57
I like this move. Like I said in a previous post, there are very few players on this roster that I wouldn't entertain offers for right now if I were GM.
we all heard you say this, but why?

your evaluation of these players was in question for me as soon as you said that, there is a ton of talent on this team, and Douglas was just one.

getting rid of guys like Douglas, who easily has 4 years of starter ability make zero sense, even Smith, while older still has plenty of game left, far as I know he's never even had a hang nail for cripe sacks

my sense is that you and some others don't care about the next couple years, loose and get prime draft picks to do what the Niners did seems like the thought pattern with some of you, what will your plan be 3 yrears from now when half these picks or more bust.

if this is Guty's plan we should fire him tomorrow.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

packman114 wrote:
31 Oct 2023 15:42
My guess living in Bills country is that this was definitely a huge get for them. They missed on the Elam pick so this helps them right now. I also can see them moving Sul to safety in a couple of years to replace Micah Hyde as the veteran leader ball hawk back there.
Bills got the Packers best corner (in terms of actual play, not reputation or salary) for a mid 4th value. They fleeced Gute. Because Rasul hurt their feelings and left MLF crying in the corner.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

In the AFC I generally root for Buffalo and Baltimore. So if Rasul can help the Bills win I'm all for giving Rasul the chance.... only because right now we're dependent on LaFleur and that's obviously a non starter unless some miracle happens.
I'm on record predicting a win over the Rams though.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I have no problems with the move!

I just think the one guy that vocally called out the offense being the one shipped off is no coincidence!

Lots of other pieces to be moved too if this was a part of some tank.

This was just shipping off someone who spoke his mind that had some value!

The list is very long of guys who could have been moved for pieces in a fire sale. After all, getting a 3 is nice. But we have a 5 plus a good player. It’s not like they offered something unrefusable
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23