Rasul Traded to Bills

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Suuuulll

Amazing
No votes
Good
11%
Ok
33%
Don’t like it
50%
Fire TT
6%

Total votes: 18

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
02 Nov 2023 14:21
Drj820 wrote:
02 Nov 2023 13:54

Gutes an ahole
I'm interested because unfortunately I have to terminate people too.

How else should Gute have gone about it? I guess he could have asked him to come to his office.

But it was a Tuesday (player day off) so Rasul would have had to drive to Lambeau.
I suggest either a face to face conversation if at all possible (everyone was in town), or if impossible...communicate in a way that the fired person does not mistakenly think you are joking.

Set the table for them, give them a robust explanation. praise them for their contributions. Help them understand why and how it happened.

Then if they hang up because they dont think you are serious, call them back and make another attempt to establish understanding. Dont just say "well i told him, i did my job" and then later get your superior to re-explain.

That sound like good advice?

Gute talking in a way that rasul assumed he was joking is problematic, Gute not calling back to let rasul know the seriousness of the situation is also problematic.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Gutes an ahole

How else should Gute have gone about it? I guess he could have asked him to come to his office.

But it was a Tuesday (player day off) so Rasul would have had to drive to Lambeau.
as short a notice as possible is probably the golden rule for team sports, or it can become cancer to the locker room, a lot worse then the simple rumors they spout once gone, I know Guty said Rasul's comments had nothing to do with this, but what else would people expect him to say, thats a normal response to that question.

plus this all went down a few hours prior to the dead line from what I read? so it's not like other trades that are days in the making.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I think the ideal thing to do is what the Giants GM did with Williams before dealing him, just let them know what's taking place, which is all the player really needed.

But they were actively shopping him, whereas it sounds like Gute was not planning to deal Douglas until Buffalo called an offered a 3. So I can't fault Gute too much.

And yes I am a Gute proponent generally but this is one thing where oddly I was on the side of Rodgers over Gute, the Mgmt has been cold and impersonal in how it deals with players, when literally all that's needed for it not to be a problem is bare-minimum communication.

Our mgmt's record on this is not good, but it seems like that was not possible in this case.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Nov 2023 14:58
go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Gutes an ahole

I suggest either a face to face conversation if at all possible (everyone was in town), or if impossible...communicate in a way that the fired person does not mistakenly think you are joking.

Set the table for them, give them a robust explanation. praise them for their contributions. Help them understand why and how it happened.

Then if they hang up because they dont think you are serious, call them back and make another attempt to establish understanding. Dont just say "well i told him, i did my job" and then later get your superior to re-explain.

Gute talking in a way that rasul assumed he was joking is problematic, Gute not calling back to let rasul know the seriousness of the situation is also problematic.
I'm sorry but how do you know Gute didn't call him back?

I mean there are a lot of assumptions based on a tweet with very little information.

The tweet should probably set the table. Give a robust explanation and help us understand why and/or it happened. And if we can't get that info because what do we honestly expect from a minor tweet...perhaps it's best to not make any further assumptions.

I had to terminate an employee last week and rumors started to swirl of which I could not comment on. But ultimately I had to tell my staff, "there are always two sides to a story. If you are only getting the information from one side, keep in mind that information will likely be biased to keep their side in the best light. There are always two sides to a story."
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
02 Nov 2023 15:25
Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I mean there are a lot of assumptions based on a tweet with very little information.

The tweet should probably set the table. Give a robust explanation and help us understand why and/or it happened. And if we can't get that info because what do we honestly expect from a minor tweet...perhaps it's best to not make any further assumptions.

I had to terminate an employee last week and rumors started to swirl of which I could not comment on. But ultimately I had to tell my staff, "there are always two sides to a story. If you are only getting the information from one side, keep in mind that information will likely be biased to keep their side in the best light. There are always two sides to a story."
When every player says the same thing about how you treat them, there is probably smoke to the fire

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Nov 2023 15:35
go pak go wrote:
02 Nov 2023 15:25
Drj820 wrote:

When every player says the same thing about how you treat them, there is probably smoke to the fire
Again. Not true. A couple of players have voiced concerns but the vast majority of players don't say anything. Some have had nothing but great things to say.

So you then need to ask is there really a problem or is it a situation of a disruntled person airing pent up anger.

Two weeks ago we fired a guy. Before we fired him...he knew he messed up so sent our CEO multiple text messages apologizing, saying he will do better etc. Well we had one too many of these incidents so we let him go. We gave him a phone call and thanked him for his many decades of service.

You can just about imagine that his apologies turned into name calling of our CEO pretty quick, how it's all about the company and not the people, etc.

It sucked. We gave this guy so many chances but he didn't see it that way. And he let it out.

My point is you only hear from those who have a reason to be vocal. It's just like the only people who talked smack about Aaron Rodgers was always Finley and Jennings because they had a peronsal vendetta against the guy or it was their way of processing the siutation.

Now. We have absolutely heard issues with the Packers and how they let people go but I certainly don't know how much conclusion jumping we should have based on a vague tweet.
Last edited by go pak go on 02 Nov 2023 15:43, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

He was in the building

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Nov 2023 15:42

He was in the building
All I see is he was eventually with Aaron Jones
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Nowhere does your supplied source say that.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Nov 2023 15:45
Nowhere does your supplied source say that.
where do you suppose he and Aaron had this burst of emotional feelings.

also Guty got the call from the Bills earlier, and said he had to think it over, it sounded as though that was prior to 3 pm. :idn:

not sure what to believe about the time, reason or really any of it.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

2:25 - "Tuesday we are not in the building at all" - Rasul Douglas

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/rasu ... falo-bills
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

id call the guy and ask him to meet me at Julies Cafe, but i also treat employees as humans. Not "assets".

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Nov 2023 16:04

but then says it happened in the suana, I assume the suana is in the locker room, the locker room is in the bowls of Lambeau stadium, right.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
02 Nov 2023 16:16
Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Nov 2023 16:04

but then says it happened in the suana, I assume the suana is in the locker room, the locker room is in the bowls of Lambeau stadium, right.
You don't have to assume anything. He literally said we are not in the building at all. He said also he came in to get his stuff and guys came in to talk with him.

Sky is blue....

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Why are we acting like gute couldn’t call him and ask him to meet and tell him it’s urgent? Lol

Some of you guys will excuse anything if it has green on it

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I am truly amazed at the need to constantly drum up drama.

Several things wrong with calling him up and saying it is urgent. First it leaves the player hanging, most would want to know right then anyway. People in management will also tell you that's bad practice. People should almost always know what a meeting is about beforehand. Second, there is no reason to waste his time. He has a plenty of things to do to get ready to fly to Buffalo and set up home there.

If Rasul was in the building and they called him, I would have an issue with that. Not being in the building, I have no problem with it.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 02 Nov 2023 16:28, edited 1 time in total.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Nov 2023 16:23
Why are we acting like gute couldn’t call him and ask him to meet and tell him it’s urgent? Lol

Some of you guys will excuse anything if it has green on it
Just the opposite, just admitting ignorance on the inner workings of it all.

Like I said above, didn't matter what the comment would have said, a derogatory comment towards Gute would have ensued.

What if he happened to hear the news on the radio on his way to Julie's? Gute would still have been an a hole.

No nowhere did I ever say he wasn't one, just getting out our jump to conclusions mat on this is well.. predictable to say the least.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Just hate him for the right reasons, trading up for Love, never taking a WR, ignoring safety till we have hot trash there this year, missing on every 3rd round pick ever. Just can't say I get behind this without learning more.

Some of you guys will hate anything if it has gute on it

Why is it so bad to try an be accurate?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

i actually dont hate Gute.

And i somewhat defended him until this last year.

I was always against the Love pick, but I believed it may actually work out.

At this point, per my posts, im not even really against Love...I do blame Gute tho for fielding a team so young and inexperienced around Love that he seems destined to fail.

I also think Gute doesnt treat the players like humans. He referred to Rodgers as "the player" and I think he could make easy fixes to how he operates that would go along way. Yet it seems he never learns