Packers @ Steelers GDT: Sunday, Nov. 12th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Nov 2023 19:13
APB wrote:
08 Nov 2023 19:05
Are the Packers favored? I thought I saw the Steelers favored by 3 pts or so…?
+3.5, not -3.5, fixed.
I like the packers +3.5. Some of the members know what I think of Kenny Pickett. I would take Love in a heartbeat over Pickett. Maybe its the homer in me that thinks the Packers can be a better team the 2nd half of the season. The second half of the season starts in the 3rd quarter against the Steelers this Sunday. :rotf: :banana:

The Steelers are offensively challenged even with Diontae Johnson back. Our defense is Okay. Hoping Jaire and Quay get better soon. Quay has seemed like he is on the verge of becoming a real playmaker. (Darn groin injuries :bkw: ) I think the Packers can win outright, I am super tempted to run to Turtle lake and take the Pack and the points. :lol:

Go Pack Go

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

MY_TAKE wrote:
09 Nov 2023 17:12
Pckfn23 wrote:
APB wrote:
08 Nov 2023 19:05
Are the Packers favored? I thought I saw the Steelers favored by 3 pts or so…?
+3.5, not -3.5, fixed.
I like the packers +3.5. Some of the members know what I think of Kenny Pickett. I would take Love in a heartbeat over Pickett. Maybe its the homer in me that thinks the Packers can be a better team the 2nd half of the season. The second half of the season starts in the 3rd quarter against the Steelers this Sunday. :rotf: :banana:

The Steelers are offensively challenged even with Diontae Johnson back. Our defense is Okay. Hoping Jaire and Quay get better soon. Quay has seemed like he is on the verge of becoming a real playmaker. (Darn groin injuries :bkw: ) I think the Packers can win outright, I am super tempted to run to Turtle lake and take the Pack and the points. :lol:

Go Pack Go
Turtle Lake?? I'm in Somerset, where you at??
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Nov 2023 17:16
MY_TAKE wrote:
09 Nov 2023 17:12
Pckfn23 wrote:

+3.5, not -3.5, fixed.

Go Pack Go
Turtle Lake?? I'm in Somerset, where you at??
Just over the Border in Viking land. North Branch. Turtle lake isnt too far and closest legal place for a bet like that. :lol:

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

I’m interested to see if stopping the run carries over from the Rams game. Last time we played the Steelers, Jaire got smucked and injured by Najee Harris. Harris and Warren are both physical backs. Need JB to play the base D and pressure Pickett. No nickel and diming this one please.

On O it’s also going to be about winning the line of scrimmage war. Pack receivers should be able to get open. Cautiously optimistic it will be a competitive game.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The Steelers are the packers ceiling.

A young unproven qb, a good rb, shaky OL, and good defensive personnel.

They have a winning record because they are well coached and their defense plays to its potential.

We have a losing record because we turn the ball over and the defense can’t get the stops at time.

We should aim to win games like the Steelers.

And we should start by beating the Steelers. Because we have the roster to do it.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Nov 2023 19:42
The Steelers are the packers ceiling.

A young unproven qb, a good rb, shaky OL, and good defensive personnel.

They have a winning record because they are well coached and their defense plays to its potential.

We have a losing record because we turn the ball over and the defense can’t get the stops at time.

We should aim to win games like the Steelers.

And we should start by beating the Steelers. Because we have the roster to do it.
Actually the Packers (10) don't turn the ball over that much more than the Steelers (8) this season. They struggle in creating turnovers compared to them though (GB 8, PIT 16).

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Interesting.

Would also help explain some early struggles this year with such a young team.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

BF004 wrote:
10 Nov 2023 08:54

Interesting.

Listening to that episode right now, fascinating insight into MLF & Co.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

every where sternberger has been has been to complicated for him, obviously some schemes, designs, are more complicated then others, that we've built in multiple play designs off one pre set look is certainly not uncommon.

I think ink peddlers are throwing anything against the wall in order to paint whats wrong with our offense, rather then simply reverberating what they pointed out in the past, you know the real issues like inconsistent play at all levels of it.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
10 Nov 2023 09:50
every where sternberger has been has been to complicated for him, obviously some schemes, designs, are more complicated then others, that we've built in multiple play designs off one pre set look is certainly not uncommon.

I think ink peddlers are throwing anything against the wall in order to paint whats wrong with our offense, rather then simply reverberating what they pointed out in the past, you know the real issues like inconsistent play at all levels of it.
Take a step back and listen to it again with an open mind. Listen to what Jace is actually saying about the attention to detail required in the LaFleur system.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
10 Nov 2023 08:54

Interesting.

That's awesome, thanks for bringing it. I love that attention to detail is huge for LaFleur. It would definitely explain why it is taking so long for this young team to find its groove.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Nov 2023 09:53
Yoop wrote:

Take a step back and listen to it again with an open mind. Listen to what Jace is actually saying about the attention to detail required in the LaFleur system.
I did, and don't buy it, Lafleur's attention to detail is not uncommon, in fact it's becoming more common, I think the first line in my post is whats common, Butkowski like the rest is just looking for excuses to say our pass schemes are to complicated, basically covering for the mistakes we see from the young group of receivers

I remember when people thought Capers schemes where to difficult, thing is while it sounds easier to make it more simple for the young players, it isn't, Lafleur can't just simply redraw up his offense just like that, a whole off season went into what we are doing now.

Sternberger hasn't caught on anywhere, why is that? and why is Butkowski looking for past players to critic Lafluers schemes, other then to paint it the way he thinks it is, this is Butkowski looking for a backup to his point of view and it's twisted at best.
Last edited by Yoop on 10 Nov 2023 10:35, edited 1 time in total.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
10 Nov 2023 10:27
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I did, and don't buy it, Lafleur's attention to detail is not uncommon, in fact it's becoming more common, I think the first line in my post is whats common, Butkowski like the rest is just looking for excuses to say our pass schemes are to complicated, basically covering for the mistakes we see from the young group of receivers
So you won't take the word of a player who has experienced multiple systems and yet rely on your own experiences in multiple NFL offenses? Why wouldn't an extreme attention to detail be AN explanation for why the young group of receivers has made mistakes?

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

If I heard this right, sounds like Josh Myers has been added to the injury report.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Labrev wrote:
10 Nov 2023 10:37
If I heard this right, sounds like Josh Myers has been added to the injury report.
image.png
image.png (76.09 KiB) Viewed 400 times

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Nov 2023 10:32
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

So you won't take the word of a player who has experienced multiple systems and yet rely on your own experiences in multiple NFL offenses? Why wouldn't an extreme attention to detail be AN explanation for why the young group of receivers has made mistakes?
I didn't say it wouldn't add another dimension to simply running a route, obviously adding in alternatives that receivers have to learn concerning nuance with each route concept makes it harder, my argument is with Sternbergers opinion that some teams keep it simpler, my opinion is that those are less then the norm, and obviously not connected to the Shanahan tree.

again when people think schemes are easy to adjust to fit any situation I disagree, I believe during the season, even bye week off it's much harder to accomplish then people realize.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
10 Nov 2023 10:44
my argument is with Sternbergers opinion that some teams keep it simpler, my opinion is that those are less then the norm, and obviously not connected to the Shanahan tree.
And what experience do you have to form that opinion? Do you or any of us here have any experience in an NFL offense? I tend to take the opinion of a guy who has experienced a few of them over anyone here, including myself.
again when people think schemes are easy to adjust to fit any situation I disagree, I believe during the season, even bye week off it's much harder to accomplish then people realize.
Who thinks that? Who has said they are?

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

It seems to me the best way to go against Watt & Highsmith is to run the ball right at them and wear them down. Lots of off-tackle runs where your OL can get bodies on them as opposed to running into Heyward. You want them to be tired in the 4th quarter so the pass rush is affected. Our problem is MLF never likes to stick with the run.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
10 Nov 2023 10:44
Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Nov 2023 10:32
Yoop wrote:

I didn't say it wouldn't add another dimension to simply running a route, obviously adding in alternatives that receivers have to learn concerning nuance with each route concept makes it harder, my argument is with Sternbergers opinion that some teams keep it simpler, my opinion is that those are less then the norm, and obviously not connected to the Shanahan tree.

You know what, [mention]Yoop[/mention]? That's fine. You're entitled to that opinion. You can dismiss what Sternberger says and continue to go off your own insights. Duly noted.

But please don't bludgeon the rest of us with endless posts repeating the exact same thing when there are those who believe what he's saying has some merit and want to have a conversation about it. We're entitled to our opinions, too.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Boy yoop.

I got a very different vibe from Stern's discussion. He was very positive and complimentary of MLF.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.