Jordan Love 2023 Expectation/Player Comparison

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

This thread is about comparing Love to other QBs.

The problem is I can’t think of any other QB who sat for their first 3 years and then started their 4th except for one. Otherwise we’re comparing apple to oranges.
Love is the answer…

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Foosball wrote:
11 Nov 2023 19:00

The problem is I can’t think of any other QB who sat for their first 3 years and then started their 4th except for one. Otherwise we’re comparing apple to oranges.
Love is a starting qb in the nfl he should be compared to other starting nfl qbs.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

bud fox wrote:
11 Nov 2023 20:47
Foosball wrote:
11 Nov 2023 19:00

Love is a starting qb in the nfl he should be compared to other starting nfl qbs.
Can I get an ahem for brother bud fox.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

go pak go wrote:
11 Nov 2023 13:05
Yoop wrote:
11 Nov 2023 12:03
go pak go wrote:
11 Nov 2023 10:18

Stafford by and large didn't have it figured out by Year 4. Or Year 5.

He had basically one good year until 2016.
by what measure? he had excellent stats year 3 and had a 63 plus completion ratio and a 97 plus QBR, Stafford like all QB's depend on supporting cast, I remember people saying Stafford sucked around here for years, not saying you, but that was the opinion of Stafford by many, he goes to LAR and they win a SB, hopefully Love can become Stafford good
I have never seen someone who loves to fight as much as you.

Without question it is your favorite past-time. Nothing or no-one will convince me otherwise. I have witnessed too much.
And, yet, people keep feeding him.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

CWIMM wrote:
09 Nov 2023 04:35
Scott4Pack wrote:
05 Nov 2023 11:09
He still has stuff to improve, no doubt. Improving his accuracy, not making pressured decisions that lead to bad throws, leadership, and crunch time plays are a beginning. But those come with experience.
Unfortunately I don't believe that a quarterback's accuracy and decision making improves with experience.
Of course it does. The more he gets synced with his WRs and TEs, the more they will connect. That is common sense.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

It is clear to me that Love has athletic ability.
He will make good throws. The accuracy problem persists.
I am just surprised at how raw he still looks.
I am sure there are counterexamples but by and large he struggles to move within the pocket while keeping his wits about him. If he has the protection to execute his drop without pressure, he is fine most of the time. But as soon as he needs to step up, move right, left, etc., it seems like everything breaks down. He still scrambles when he shouldn't.

It is tough because I want him to succeed and like I said, his athleticism is obvious. If he could improve his skills in the pocket and do what he can to become more accurate, I'd be happy.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

if there were plays available 75% of the time and Love was just always missing them, he would be the obvious problem. I dont think there are plays available that he is always missing. I think he is inaccurate at times, but most of the offenses problems is just that plays arent often available. So i continue to not blame for the offense sucking.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Good to see some progress the last 2 weeks. He has definitely looked a little more comfortable and confident. Such a shame that Christian Watson crapped the bed in his 2nd year. I really thought he was going to be a great deep threat for Love early on which would have really helped, but I like how Reed and Wicks look. All of them growing together should help a lot.

I'm still a bit torn on Love when it comes to the long term future. I think he looks good at times, and at other times, pretty rough. But...so do about 80% of the rest of the QB's in the league right now. If he continues to show progress, I'm good with giving him another year and using the draft to build around him. If he falls flat on his face next year, then I'm sure we'll have another early draft pick in 2025 to take our next Franchise QB.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Half Empty wrote:
12 Nov 2023 08:41
go pak go wrote:
11 Nov 2023 13:05
Yoop wrote:
11 Nov 2023 12:03

by what measure? he had excellent stats year 3 and had a 63 plus completion ratio and a 97 plus QBR, Stafford like all QB's depend on supporting cast, I remember people saying Stafford sucked around here for years, not saying you, but that was the opinion of Stafford by many, he goes to LAR and they win a SB, hopefully Love can become Stafford good
I have never seen someone who loves to fight as much as you.

Without question it is your favorite past-time. Nothing or no-one will convince me otherwise. I have witnessed too much.
And, yet, people keep feeding him.
who feeds you? your nothing but a troll, trolls feed off of others, you add nothing to the conversation outside of snark comments.

people disagree with me because i call them on comments, GPG said Stafford didn't do well till his 4th (fourth) season, and he was WRONG, so I brought Staffords 3rd season stats.

whats laugh out loud funny here is that he and others here degraded Stafford for years, same with Cousins, and most other teams QB's, Matt Ryan, Rothlesberger, you name em and some here said they sucked, course some of the same also said Rodgers sucked

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
13 Nov 2023 09:56
if there were plays available 75% of the time and Love was just always missing them, he would be the obvious problem. I dont think there are plays available that he is always missing. I think he is inaccurate at times, but most of the offenses problems is just that plays arent often available. So i continue to not blame for the offense sucking.
No the offense has plenty of opportunities and availability. The offense yesterday alone was 1 for 5 in RZ trips resulting in touchdowns. Two weeks in a row the offense should have put up 30+ points.

The offense is remarkable in always finding a new way to fail drive after drive.

However, the offense also has some pieces to get excited about and build off for the future which is exciting
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
13 Nov 2023 09:59
Drj820 wrote:
No the offense has plenty of opportunities and availability. The offense yesterday alone was 1 for 5 in RZ trips resulting in touchdowns. Two weeks in a row the offense should have put up 30+ points.

The offense is remarkable in always finding a new way to fail drive after drive.

However, the offense also has some pieces to get excited about and build off for the future which is exciting
So when the O got in the redzone 5 times, was there obvious plays available that would have been a score that Love screwed up? Or did someone else sabotoge the red zone trip, or just no one was really open?

Because my point is that I think most of the time the answer is the second and third choice...therefore I remain pretty nuetral on what Love may become
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
13 Nov 2023 10:03
go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

So when the O got in the redzone 5 times, was there obvious plays available that would have been a score that Love screwed up? Or did someone else sabotoge the red zone trip, or just no one was really open?

Because my point is that I think most of the time the answer is the second and third choice...therefore I remain pretty nuetral on what Love may become
Okay. I thought you were talking about the offense and not Love.

Your last line left out a *him* so it sounds more like, "I don't blame the offense for the Packers sucking
So i continue to not blame for the offense sucking.
But yeah I would tend to agree that I can't really blame Love but also until yesterday never felt Love did anything to help the offense. Again until yesterday. His box stats don't show it, but I thought yesterday was Love's best game of the season since week 1.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

whos that??? sorta kidding but outside of Reed, Musgrave, Watts, Doubs, Toms, I'am scratching my head.

Love is still inconsistent, some good but plenty of head scratchers still, he is still throwing to many hard to catch passes, we see under throws way to often, or out of reach on others, when ya see Musgrave or Watson have to completely turn and wait for the ball, well it's just a matter of time till more of those get picked off, he has to get better.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
13 Nov 2023 10:14
go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

whos that??? sorta kidding but outside of Reed, Musgrave, Watts, Doubs, Toms, I'am scratching my head.
I mean you just listed 5 players with less than 16 games of starting experience and make it sound like we have no exciting prospects? :lol:

To answer your question: Who's that??
Reed, Musgrave, Watts, Doubs, Toms is a great start. Add in Jenkins and Jones and you are already at 7 of your starting 11 lineup.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
13 Nov 2023 10:30
Yoop wrote:
13 Nov 2023 10:14
go pak go wrote:

I mean you just listed 5 players with less than 16 games of starting experience and make it sound like we have no exciting prospects? :lol:

To answer your question: Who's that??
Reed, Musgrave, Watts, Doubs, Toms is a great start. Add in Jenkins and Jones and you are already at 7 of your starting 11 lineup.
Jones is a shadow of his former self, in fact he helped us lose more then win yesterday, heres another Question, when was the last time you've seen Jenkins drive block anyone on a run block, or not get driven back in pass pro?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

CJ Stroud is out here throwing to absolute bums. No real #1 WR. His offensive line isn’t that great. He’s leading that team because he’s a good QB.

Love stinks. Another game passing in the 50%s. Third game this season that ends with a Love INT. Gotta stop making excuses. He’s the same QB as he was that last year in college. Nothings changed. Bad accuracy and bad decision making. You get some wow plays but no consistency to be able to string drives together.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
13 Nov 2023 10:55
CJ Stroud is out here throwing to absolute bums. No real #1 WR. His offensive line isn’t that great. He’s leading that team because he’s a good QB.

Love stinks. Another game passing in the 50%s. Third game this season that ends with a Love INT. Gotta stop making excuses. He’s the same QB as he was that last year in college. Nothings changed. Bad accuracy and bad decision making. You get some wow plays but no consistency to be able to string drives together.
we are making losing look good, we play just well enough to lose, when I watch a 7 year vet play like a HS player which is a fair comparison to Aaron Jones yesterday, coupled with such atrocious defense, seems like the actual goal was to lose, I just can't get over Jones blowing 40 seconds of the minute we had left with that brain dead inside run

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
13 Nov 2023 11:02
lupedafiasco wrote:
13 Nov 2023 10:55

we are making losing look good, we play just well enough to lose, when I watch a 7 year vet play like a HS player which is a fair comparison to Aaron Jones yesterday, coupled with such atrocious defense, seems like the actual goal was to lose, I just can't get over Jones blowing 40 seconds of the minute we had left with that brain dead inside run
Standards have slipped. Probably because the only one who was trying to hold the team to a standard was traded and Packers fans celebrated it.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

If this QB play is inexcusably bad then you admit that we were right to say the same about Rodgers's last year:

UH OH, LOOPAY :twisted:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
13 Nov 2023 11:23
If this QB play is inexcusably bad then you admit that we were right to say the same about Rodgers's last year:

UH OH, LOOPAY :twisted:
Yup. After 9 games in 2022 the Packers were 3-6
After 9 games in 2023 the Packers are 3-6

I legitately can't say the offense is any worse than it was a year ago at this point before the Christian Watson phenom started. (which started week 10 in 2022)

I honestly expect the 2022 and 2023 records to be within a game of each other. My money says we end up at 7-10 this year.
Yoop wrote: