Aaron Freaking Rodgers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I mean I think a general theme we are seeing is your team needs to have at least one elite component (defense, run game, or QB) to win it all.

Is there a SB champion that exists where every component was just....meh?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
28 Aug 2020 10:22
I mean I think a general theme we are seeing is your team needs to have at least one elite component (defense, run game, or QB) to win it all.

I'd argue 2 and one of them has to be defense.

Tom Brady has 0 rings without a top 5 defense.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

go pak go wrote:

Every other champion but us! :lombardi:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
28 Aug 2020 15:38
I enjoyed this. Good vid. Thanks 8-)

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

go pak go wrote:

New York Giants x 2? Just a suggestion? I don't remember them being outstanding at anything in particular.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

dsr wrote:
29 Aug 2020 19:16
go pak go wrote:

New York Giants x 2? Just a suggestion? I don't remember them being outstanding at anything in particular.
The 2007 Giants was insane and Brandon Jacobs was pretty legit. But that 2007 Dline was honestly lethal.

I think I could agree with the 2011 Giants though. They were very average
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
29 Aug 2020 19:20
dsr wrote:
go pak go wrote:

The 2007 Giants was insane and Brandon Jacobs was pretty legit. But that 2007 Dline was honestly lethal.

Both teams had incredible defensive lines. The 2007 had a great line with a ton of depth but that 2011 team had prime Jason Pierre Paul who was a terror. But the thing that carried the 2011 team was its passing game. Eli that year was terrific.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

One of my more favorite interviews by Rodgers:

1. Open and honest about his comfort level in this offense going into year 2. Attributes his accuracy improvement to being comfortable with his feet and being in the "flow" of the offense.

2. He really compliments Jamaal Williams and said he transformed his body the most of really anyone on the team. (remember....he said this about Aaron Jones last year)

3. Talked about how he is throwing to the RBs more because of his comfort, playing within the system and also our RBs are just freaking good.

4. Talks about how he loves this team and being a leader for this team and reiterated how he wants to retire a Packer.

5. Talks about how he took this offseason and really became critical of himself; especially compared how he played when he was successful his early years compared to his last 5 years and made adjustments to follow his early years and feels he is playing well because of it.

6. Talks about how he is using the middle of the field more but still believes in throwing outside the numbers most.

7. Really high praise for MVS.

I just feel different about him this year. He has that edge. Confidence and I think he is going to rip it. This team goes as far as he goes. It starts and ends with Aaron Freaking Rodgers. And I think he is up to the task.

Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

first the receiving core declined, then the schemes didn't help or support the receivers we did have, then Rodgers declined trying to make those schemes work, that went on for 3 seasons or so, then we finally changed the coaches and the schemes.

Rodgers said we needed change 3 or 4 years ago, yet hardly anything changed that season or the next till finally McCarthy was fired, it wasn't that Rodgers was upset with McCarthy as much as McCarthy needed to change and didn't seem able to, and Rodgers was frustrated with that.

I defended Rodgers because this is what I felt about this the whole time, Rodgers wants to win it all, and he had run out of patience with McCarthy, people said such outlandish things concerning Rodgers, I couldn't believe some of the comments people made

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

"I took a critical look and watched film for the earlier part of my career and compared to the last 5 years and I realized I only wasn't producing because tt neglected the WR spot for years and I was trying to get my coach fired. Once I realized that, I was able to use that information during this camp which I think really helped my timing and accuracy."

- Aaron Rodgers.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Just so we are clear on the whole neglect on WRs thing for years and years.

Seasons Where Aaron Rodgers did not have at least the following WRs as his top Three WRs on the team coming into Training Camp:
Donald Driver
Greg Jennings
James Jones
Jordy Nelson
Randle Cobb
Devante Adams

2018, 2019

Seasons Where Aaron Rodgers did not have at least the following WRs as his top Two WRs on the team coming into Training Camp:
Donald Driver
Greg Jennings
James Jones
Jordy Nelson
Randle Cobb
Devante Adams

Yoop wrote:

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

go pak go wrote:
29 Aug 2020 19:20
dsr wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Underrated receiving corps. Plaxico was a beast that postseason.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
03 Sep 2020 08:03
"I took a critical look and watched film for the earlier part of my career and compared to the last 5 years and I realized I only wasn't producing because tt neglected the WR spot for years and I was trying to get my coach fired. Once I realized that, I was able to use that information during this camp which I think really helped my timing and accuracy."

- Aaron Rodgers.
thats fraud, and you should be punished severly, no cookies prior to bed time for you :lol:

doesn't matter how many great receivers he's had over the years, if there not on the field then neither is there production, and you know they've all missed either a full season or missed plenty of games, I like how you say they where there in training camp and neglect to say they hit IR later, or spent most of the season playing at less then 100%, which was and has been the case for every receiver on that list.

I'am tired of this argument with you, believe whatever you want, I know I will and I'am convinced McCarthys old spread schemes would have continued at high production if either those aging stars had been replaced or had stayed young and healthy.

and just because Rodgers owned that he took a look back and thought he could have done stuff differently is exactly what we should expect to hear from every player, because that is what every athlete is taught from pee wee sports on up to this stage.
the stuff about reading progressions and adjusting foot work to scheme is also easily explained, obviously your footwork has to match the progression reads, you can't be set up to throw right when your feet are planted to throw left, and if your scheme changes to more up tempo and quicker throws then your going to see less 5 step drops, and that also affects footwork, nice try, but you didn't put anything to bed.

I told you 3 years ago this was less a Aaron Rodgers problem and more scheme and receiver issue, and mostly receiver, you didn't believe me then and you obviously don't now, so what else do you want to talk about?

you should thank me for telling you what to think, instead you keep fighting reality :rotf:

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

I am encouraged by the idea that AR wants to focus more on RB's in the passing game. This was something that Favre was very skilled at doing. It has been a relative weak point for AR IMO.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
03 Sep 2020 11:33
go pak go wrote:

- Aaron Rodgers.
thats fraud, and you should be punished severly, no cookies prior to bed time for you :lol:

doesn't matter how many great receivers he's had over the years, if there not on the field then neither is there production, and you know they've all missed either a full season or missed plenty of games, I like how you say they where there in training camp and neglect to say they hit IR later, or spent most of the season playing at less then 100%, which was and has been the case for every receiver on that list.

I'am tired of this argument with you, believe whatever you want
1. I said coming into camp because you often blame management for not supplying Rodgers WRs and "neglecting this position for years and years". If this is the group going into camp...how would injuries be management's fault?

2. It's not that bad actually from an injury standpoint.

Games missed due to injury by "top 3 WRs" since 2015:

Jordy Nelson - 16 games missed.
James Jones signed as a replacement (which is included in my list as an offset) - 0 games missed
Devante Adams - 3 games missed
Randall Cobb - 0 games missed

Jordy Nelson - 0 games missed
Devante Adams - 0 games missed
Randall Cobb - 3 games missed

Jordy Nelson - 1 game missed
Devante Adams - 2 games missed
Randall Cobb - 1 game missed

Devante Adams - 1 game missed
Randall Cobb - 7 games missed

Devante Adams - 4 games missed (best 4 game stretch for Aaron Rodgers in multiple seasons)

But again, we are back to this just being a 2018 and 2019 thing of not having your "top end" WRs. But every other team deals with injuries too. Kirk Cousins didn't have Thielen practically all year last year (especially an effective and healthy Thielen) and yet his QBR was better than Rodgers in 2019. Espeically when Adams was playing in the game.

I am floored how this dude can literally do wrong in your eyes. I am also floored how and why you think that when I deal with "facts" and not "belief" that this makes me not like Aaron Rodgers.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Captain_Ben wrote:
03 Sep 2020 11:50
I am encouraged by the idea that AR wants to focus more on RB's in the passing game. This was something that Favre was very skilled at doing. It has been a relative weak point for AR IMO.
whole different scheme, Favre played in a more pure wco, lots of short passing mixed with a lot of running, Rodgers has played mostly in a spread vertical passing scheme with less running, sure, obviously there is some over lap, but one focuses on big chunk plays, the other on ball control dinky, dunky and moving the chains, I like both styles, however, with more plays there is the chance for more mistakes, in it's hay day the McCarthy spread vertical was probably the most explosive offense in our long history, maybe not as historically consistent as Lombardi's run to daylight pound it out offenses, but then McCarthy group of talent wont have 7 players in the HOF as Vinces did either.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
03 Sep 2020 13:35
Yoop wrote:
03 Sep 2020 11:33
go pak go wrote:

I'am tired of this argument with you, believe whatever you want
1. I said coming into camp because you often blame management for not supplying Rodgers WRs and "neglecting this position for years and years". If this is the group going into camp...how would injuries be management's fault?

2. It's not that bad actually from an injury standpoint.

Games missed due to injury by "top 3 WRs" since 2015:

Jordy Nelson - 16 games missed.
James Jones signed as a replacement (which is included in my list as an offset) - 0 games missed
Devante Adams - 3 games missed
Randall Cobb - 0 games missed

Jordy Nelson - 0 games missed
Devante Adams - 0 games missed
Randall Cobb - 3 games missed

Jordy Nelson - 1 game missed
Devante Adams - 2 games missed
Randall Cobb - 1 game missed

Devante Adams - 1 game missed
Randall Cobb - 7 games missed

Devante Adams - 4 games missed (best 4 game stretch for Aaron Rodgers in multiple seasons)

But again, we are back to this just being a 2018 and 2019 thing of not having your "top end" WRs. But every other team deals with injuries too. Kirk Cousins didn't have Thielen practically all year last year (especially an effective and healthy Thielen) and yet his QBR was better than Rodgers in 2019. Espeically when Adams was playing in the game.

I am floored how this dude can literally do wrong in your eyes. I am also floored how and why you think that when I deal with "facts" and not "belief" that this makes me not like Aaron Rodgers.
Nelson was never the same player after 014, Adams played hurt all of his 2nd season, Cobb played ding up after 2014 as well, you keep listing these players and act as though they all played as though at 100% but they rarely did after 014, and when there not you get the same results we got when MVS couldn't get the timing of the routes to coincide with Rodgers progression reads, I don't understand why you have so much trouble understanding these basic concepts, every route has built in points that a receiver has to reach to coincide with Rodgers scanning the field, if they are not there then Rodgers will rarely have time to look for them, so often, when we see a player open, Rodgers doesn't, and thats because the player was not when Rodgers first scanned him.

and I've never said Rodgers is perfect, I simply said he was not as bad as you and others here proclaimed he was, there is a difference. :)

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Yoop wrote:
03 Sep 2020 15:38
Captain_Ben wrote:
03 Sep 2020 11:50
whole different scheme, Favre played in a more pure wco, lots of short passing mixed with a lot of running, Rodgers has played mostly in a spread vertical passing scheme with less running, sure, obviously there is some over lap, but one focuses on big chunk plays, the other on ball control dinky, dunky and moving the chains, I like both styles, however, with more plays there is the chance for more mistakes, in it's hay day the McCarthy spread vertical was probably the most explosive offense in our long history, maybe not as historically consistent as Lombardi's run to daylight pound it out offenses, but then McCarthy group of talent wont have 7 players in the HOF as Vinces did either.
We are in agreement about the differences in schemes. I was referring specifically to on-the-field execution. The close range touch pass to the RB out of the backfield can be tricky to master.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
03 Sep 2020 15:52

and I've never said Rodgers is perfect, I simply said he was not as bad as you and others here proclaimed he was, there is a difference. :)
Come on Yoop. This entire thread was started by me and continued to be about how excited we are for Aaron Freaking Rodgers this year because he just looks to have that edge that we have not seen in a few years. From all accounts, he is looking better in this camp than he has looked in a very long time.

That's all this thread was about. That's all my video of his presser was about. It wasn't about how Rodgers sucked. It was about how good he looks this year. There is no reason for defense when it was only talking about good he is looking this year.

Watch the presser. It was fun to watch. It got me excited because of his shoutout to MVS who we know he didn't like before because of the wrong spot.It was fun because he talked about Jamaal like he talked about Aaron Jones last year. It was fun because he has brought up twice how he is watching his old tape and connecting some things he started to not do as often.

If you are indeed tired of arguing about perception or lack of perception of WR play from 2017....then don't bring it up. Watch the video of his presser and have fun in 2020. I find it funny when you say "I've never said Rodgers was perfect" yet every thread that you perceive as the slightest jab toward Rodgers we can be assured to see 3 paragraphs of how the the organization neglected the WR spot for years, MM's schemes got stale and even though the WRs were the same people they played clearly worse after 2014 (Jordy Nelson of 2016 would say otherwise btw).

This year we are going to be good. Rodgers is on it. MVS is on it. Gary is on it. I'm jacked. I don't care about the MM spread offense anymore. Gimme RBs, Deguara, dump offs and take what the defense gives us. Go Pack go.
Yoop wrote: