Thanksgiving Postgame: Packers 29 Lions 22

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

German_Panzer wrote:
23 Nov 2023 18:55
Pugger wrote:
23 Nov 2023 18:24

I have worries about our kicker too. He has the leg (he came up 5 yards short on that 65 yard FG try at the end of the first half) but we can't have a guy miss x-tra points like this.
Interesting. I thought his short FG from 65 showed he has not some special leg. Crosby in his prime would have had the length, would you not think?
They should have gone with the free kick. Slightly longer but nobody around. No worries about getting it blocked, just let it rip.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I want a formal statement of concession from everyone who, just a month ago, was proclaiming us dead in the water, fire MLF, move on from Love, fire Barry, blow it all up, yada yada yada. Some of the hysterics around here were overly clownish.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Cdragon wrote:
23 Nov 2023 19:09
German_Panzer wrote:
Pugger wrote:

I have worries about our kicker too. He has the leg (he came up 5 yards short on that 65 yard FG try at the end of the first half) but we can't have a guy miss x-tra points like this.
Interesting. I thought his short FG from 65 showed he has not some special leg. Crosby in his prime would have had the length, would you not think?
They should have gone with the free kick. Slightly longer but nobody around. No worries about getting it blocked, just let it rip.
Agreed and good job by Olsen noting that live. MM did it once, right? Should have definitely been the call here, and it makes me wonder if our coaches forgot about that option which isn't a great sign.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I don't get the angst about getting the extra 11 yards before half.

You only get a free kick if it's blocked. A missed kick is a missed kick.

And it would have been like a 74 yard FG
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

texas wrote:
23 Nov 2023 19:14
I want a formal statement of concession from everyone who, just a month ago, was proclaiming us dead in the water, fire MLF, move on from Love, fire Barry, blow it all up, yada yada yada. Some of the hysterics around here were overly clownish.
I have mostly eased up on Love. He played really well. Just rewatched a little bit here at work. He threw some sweet tight window passes on the money. I definitely like what I am seeing the last couple of games. I am glad Watson had a good game. Not sure he is going to be THAT guy, but he had a good game and hopefully keeps it rolling. I loved the play call with LOVE keeping an running for a first down. IF the team can have these kind of games 70% of the time instead of 30% of the time, now were talking.

I wouldn't be asking for anything "Formal" just yet. But, I am here on the forum admitting that for today some of what I said came back on me. Thats a good thing. I am a packer fan after all. Where is " Lupedafiasco"?

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

texas wrote:
I'm still in favor of firing Barry.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

- Vince Lombardi

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
23 Nov 2023 19:35
texas wrote:
R.png
R.png (35.09 KiB) Viewed 456 times

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

This team had what, 14 injured guys?
How many starters out?
Down to a dinged up Dillon at RB and Taylor.
Seriously, who can name our DBs?

We had so many things working against us. But look at the surprises today.

Gary - 3 sacks.
34 balled out today! His best game of the year by far.
Hutchinson was SHUT DOWN.
Love playing elite level ball.
Offense opened the playbook.
Watson showing what he can truly do if he can stay somewhat healthy.
Reed being a spark - again.
Pass rush was superb against a stout OLine.
Run D was superb against a good running team. (How many times have we said that!)
Dillon played a great game. He did start the year slow, as many have noted. But he is a rock in November and December.

I’m also fearful that JoeBarry has punched his ticket for 2024. Let’s just get ready now to lament the first month or two of each year. His D gets better later in the year. Can we live with that?

Our D did not let the game slip away. They were steady all game.
Our O was somewhat aggressive. They should stay that way.
I’m still thinking that our offense is improving.
If the D can continue to play at this level.
Jaire, Jones, and other significant guys returning soon.

Things are looking WAY up!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

BELIEVE!!!!!

:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

texas wrote:
23 Nov 2023 19:43
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
23 Nov 2023 19:35
texas wrote:
*Thumbs down image*
Joe Barry's just going to break your heart, texas. :mrgreen:
- Vince Lombardi

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

German_Panzer wrote:
Pugger wrote:

My concern is Carlson's accuracy.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

texas wrote:
My only beef until recently was Barry.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

I don't want to tinkle in our Cheerios but do any of you suspect the Lions came into this game thinking it would be a easy W? I'm not taking away anything we did but I suspect Detroit was reading their press clippings too much the past few days.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
23 Nov 2023 20:15
I don't want to tinkle in our Cheerios but do any of you suspect the Lions came into this game thinking it would be a easy W? I'm not taking away anything we did but I suspect Detroit was reading their press clippings too much the past few days.
I think the game is far more complicated than press clippings and underestimating opponents.

Additionally, the Lions are 3 days removed from almost losing to Chicago. They already had their wakeup call.

So no. I don't think so
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

texas wrote:
You usually have good takes, so I’m surprised at this one. You & GPG are too good of posters to be looking for some spiteful revenge on posters that you disagree with.

Besides, while today was fun, they probably shouldn’t have won the San Diego game and who knows how the rest of the season works out. Hopefully, the !@#$-poor starts, some of the bad play calling and the poorly timed penalties are a thing of the past.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Gunzaan wrote:
23 Nov 2023 20:50
texas wrote:
You usually have good takes, so I’m surprised at this one. You & GPG are too good of posters to be looking for some spiteful revenge on posters that you disagree with.

Besides, while today was fun, they probably shouldn’t have won the San Diego game and who knows how the rest of the season works out. Hopefully, the !@#$-poor starts, some of the bad play calling and the poorly timed penalties are a thing of the past.
Don't worry, I don't actually care. It's all in good fun

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I have nothing to apologize for. I’ve not made any permanent judgements on Love and I’ve never been tough on Barry. I was tough on Lafleur but he deserved it. Half our losses are more his fault than the players.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Gunzaan wrote:
23 Nov 2023 20:50
texas wrote:

I agree the LAC was fools gold. But I also believe we should have beat PIT so I think our 5-6 record is more than fair.

Honestly I think we should be 6-5 or 7-4 right now with the major caveat that we have had an easy schedule
Yoop wrote:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

texas wrote:
I stand behind my assertions to fire LaCoach and Barry. I never questioned the players. So keep the coaches and the players separate.
Love isn't going anywhere. I've got a t-shirt and autographed helmet.