Thanksgiving Postgame: Packers 29 Lions 22

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Nov 2023 10:46

Still needlessly throwing off the back foot and/or falling away. Great play though.
He's been watching too much Brett Favre tape. He made a living falling away from throws.

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Pckfn23 wrote:

Still needlessly throwing off the back foot and/or falling away. Great play though.
Exactly. Is throwing the ball off his back foot a bad habit carry-over from college ball? If so, the coaches really need to help him with this. It’s fundamental and an instinctive motion for a QB that starts with good set up in the foot work. He’ll be able to throw with more accuracy and at the same time throw deeper down field. Not an easy fix if it is habit.
GO PACK GO!!!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
24 Nov 2023 11:30
Pckfn23 wrote:

He's been watching too much Brett Favre tape. He made a living falling away from throws.
Favre, then Rodgers, now Love. I will say though, at this point Love is too inconsistent to do it. Needs to work on it in the off-season.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Wow! What a win!

Love has a great arm.

Jordan Love’s confidence is growing. You can see it in the way he walks and talks (“we’ve got their number”). He’s bringing the young team along with him. You never hear Love saying anything about “trusting WRs”. I’m beginning to see his leadership style payoff. We still need to see more but I really like the direction they’re heading.

The Bears and Lions GMs must be getting mighty nervous. Could it be possible that the Packers found and developed a QB that is better than anything they’ve been able to find in the last few decades? Yes, it is now definitely possible.

I also see growth in LaFleur. He’s been under ARod’s shadow for his first 3-4 years. I’ve been pretty critical of him in the past (for obvious reasons), but I see him improving. I’m sure this year has been very challenging. But it may have been the best thing for his growth.

LaFleur has openly talked about being too conservative. The option play on Love’s keeper was a great play call. Agreeing to keep the bomb as the first play after talking to Love. The defense playing more aggressively. Not letting a security guard push him around lol.

If Gutey can hit on a few draft picks next year, the future of the Packers looks very promising.
Love is the answer…

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Nov 2023 11:48
If you don't count incompletions the rate is 100%.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

wallyuwl wrote:
24 Nov 2023 11:53
Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Nov 2023 11:48
If you don't count incompletions the rate is 100%.
:roll:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Dare I say our punt team looked...awesome? A bunch of kicks downed inside the 10 yard line is a huge win.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Nov 2023 11:50
why do that, he over throws when he doesn't throw it shorter, besides , thats his range, all this talk of he has a strong arm, I don't see that, as much as I do accuracy limitations on the deep balls, allowing his receivers to sit up, also allows them to adjust for off target passes.

instead of hash mark go routes, I think Jorden would do better throwing 7 or 9 routes, also easier catch type passes, jmo

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lulu wrote:
24 Nov 2023 12:00
Dare I say our punt team looked...awesome? A bunch of kicks downed inside the 10 yard line is a huge win.
yep, awesome coverage, as well as placement punts, St's showed up yesterday, great stop on the fake FG, the only demerit was Carlson missing the XP :aok:

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Pugger wrote:
23 Nov 2023 18:24
German_Panzer wrote:
23 Nov 2023 15:28
go pak go wrote:
23 Nov 2023 14:44
Only real complaints are the two drops on offense.

And our kicker missed another extra point. It's starting to grab my attention. The last thing you want to worry about is a shaky kicker once you go for a SB (which could be as soon as in 24).

But that's not even a footnote today. An injury-riddled young team, in the midst of a tough season, comes to Detroit and shatters its wet dream (for now), essentially avenging what they did to us last season. Kudos! MLF still may look like a schoolboy to Campbell, but who cares as long as the results are coming.
I have worries about our kicker too. He has the leg (he came up 5 yards short on that 65 yard FG try at the end of the first half) but we can't have a guy miss x-tra points like this.
I never liked the draft pick. Just due to physics.

The taller the kicker or should I say the longer the leg exacerbates any variance of the kicking leg. It’s better to have a shorter kicker with shorter legs as long as they have the power to be an NFL kicker. Even a longer body will have the same effect.

If his body or the top of his leg near his hip is slightly off angle, it will be more exaggerated at the other end where his foot is compared to a shorter kicker.

Anders Carlson is friggin 6’5”. The likelihood of him being an accurate kicker is unlikely. It would require better focus, body and leg control than shorter kickers.

It’s just physics and geometry.
Love is the answer…

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Nov 2023 11:50
why do that, he over throws when he doesn't throw it shorter, besides , thats his range, all this talk of he has a strong arm, I don't see that, as much as I do accuracy limitations on the deep balls, allowing his receivers to sit up, also allows them to adjust for off target passes.

instead of hash mark go routes, I think Jorden would do better throwing 7 or 9 routes, also easier catch type passes, jmo
:toke: :toke: :toke:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »