'23 Playoff Picture

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where do we get

Win the Division
3%
Wild Card
43%
Miss the Playoffs
23%
What is a blitzer
30%

Total votes: 30

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

wallyuwl wrote:
01 Dec 2023 13:24
Cdragon wrote:
01 Dec 2023 05:49

I don't care who we would play. It is opportunity to get the kids reps. That's what they really need at this point. Getting used to the bump in excitement and pressure in the playoffs is a bonus. This is the launching pad for next year's run.
Reps is important. The "launching pad" argument doesn't hold water. Every year is different and one year does not carry over to the next. All winning in 2017 at the end did is get a worse draft position, 2018 was the same as it would have been (and it was bad).
Wait a minute...2017? The year they went 8-8, losing the final three games of the season? Followed up with the 6-9-1 season in 2018?

I'm not even sure what you're getting at with those references...?

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Every year is different. Every year you have to re-dedicate to your craft, learn the playbook, take care of you body, avoid injury, learn to play with new guys and new nuances etc. all that is true.

BUT, everything you've done in the past has a major impact on what you will do in the future. Learning isn't linear. The more experiences you have to draw from the more likely you are to respond appropriately to new stuff that may be similar or the same. What you did last year absolutely influences what you will do this year.

Everything being "new" only means you can't sit on your ass and expect last year to carry you thru this year. It means you build on it. Yes, launching points are real. There are always exceptions, but for the most part it's how things go. If my team is losing while learning, i'm ok as long as they're learning. If my team is winning while learning it's a little sweeter. If they're taking plays off or intentionally putting them in poor positions to get a better draft pick, well congrats on creating a losing culture. Take your walking papers at the end of the year please.

as always, playing for draft picks is for losers.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Are we sure we can't still win the division?

Since a 1-6 start last year, Detroit is 16-5.

Wins - GB, @CHI, @NYG, JAX, MIN, @NYJ, CHI, @GB, @KC, ATL, @GB, CAR, @TB, LV, @LAC, CHI

Losses - BUF, @CAR, SEA, @BAL, GB

Other than the KC win and maybe a couple nice wins against the Chargers and us, they have plowed through a really easy schedule.

By the way, that 1-6 start last season included losses to PHI, @MIN, SEA, @NE, @DAL, MIA with a lonely win against WAS.

Detroit's remaining schedule:

@NO
@CHI
DEN
@MIN
@DAL
MIN

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
02 Dec 2023 08:02

Wins - GB, @CHI, @NYG, JAX, MIN, @NYJ, CHI, @GB, @KC, ATL, @GB, CAR, @TB, LV, @LAC, CHI

Other than the KC win and maybe a couple nice wins against the Chargers and us, they have plowed through a really easy schedule.

By the way, that 1-6 start last season included losses to PHI, @MIN, SEA, @NE, @DAL, MIA with a lonely win against WAS.

@NO
@CHI
DEN
@MIN
@DAL
MIN
Duh, I was the lone guy rooting for Seattle on Thursday, I still want #1 seed.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

NCF wrote:

@NO
@CHI
DEN
@MIN
@DAL
MIN
Unfortunately, I think Detroit should win all of their remaining games except @Dallas, unless they continue to turn the ball over a lot. Of course, that doesn't mean they will, but I also think the Packers will lose a few more games. They are still very young and learning.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:

@NO
@CHI
DEN
@MIN
@DAL
MIN
I've been thinking about this a lot.

At first I was like...MN sweeps DET we have a shot at the division! But we would have to win out and DET would have to lose to the right teams. It's just such a long shot. Had we beaten PIT or ATL it would be a totally different conversation.

If I'm being honest, I WANT our Lions win to mean something. The anti-fun club on this forum will be reminding us all offseason about how the Lions win was meaningless if Detroit ends up losing enough games to drop the division or get close to dropping the division by saying they can't beat good teams and the Lions are pretenders therefore the Packers are pretenders. I don't need more of those posts.

I'm actually rooting for Detroit. I want them to win. Get their first NFC North Title and then lose to GB in the Wildcard round.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

We coming for the 6 seed
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

That was quick.

14 days ago we woke up to 3-6 and several who’s fault and fire x threads. Talk of tanking for draft picks and do we have a QB or not.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Booyah!! :banana:

Facing 10-2 Philly boosted SF's SOS slightly above ours. To their credit, they handed them an L. SF is the team to beat. But RIP to the narrative that this team had an easier schedule than during last year's losing skid.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Only SF has a slightly tougher SoS of the "playoff" teams.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

MLF made a comment in yesterday's presser.

JOB NOT DONE. I like that motto for the rest of the year.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

We are in the midst of a very impressive turn around, that includes wins against very good teams. Credit to Coach Lafleur and his staff.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Gotta get to that 6 spot and hopefully play Detroit again.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

At this point I don't get care about seeding. I care about record.

A Double Digit Win regular season is all that matters to me now. And that will be enough for the 6 seed.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
04 Dec 2023 09:40

A Double Digit Win regular season is all that matters to me now. And that will be enough for the 6 seed.
I really do hate to say it, but closing out the season on a 8-0 run is REALLY hard no matter our opponents. I still do expect a loss here in the next 5 games. That still gets us to 10 wins. Young team and all there is bound to be a stinker in there somewhere. Winning our last 8 games would be legendary.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 04 Dec 2023 10:02, edited 1 time in total.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Dec 2023 09:48
go pak go wrote:

I really do hate to say it, but closing out the season on a 8-0 run is REALLY hard no matter our opponents. I still do expect a loss her in the next 5 games. That still gets us to 10 wins. Young team and all there is bound to be a stinker in there somewhere. Winning our last 8 games would be legendary.
I kinda like sound of "legendary"...

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Dec 2023 09:48
go pak go wrote:

I really do hate to say it, but closing out the season on a 8-0 run is REALLY hard no matter our opponents. I still do expect a loss her in the next 5 games. That still gets us to 10 wins. Young team and all there is bound to be a stinker in there somewhere. Winning our last 8 games would be legendary.
Yup. I would be absolutely shocked if we go undefeated. I expect 1 loss for sure. I would be disappointed with 2 losses or more.
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
04 Dec 2023 09:37
Gotta get to that 6 spot and hopefully play Detroit again.
I don't think the #5 spot is out of reach. The Cowboys next 4 games:

vs Eagles
@ Bills
@ Dolphins
vs Lions

I could see them losing to all four of those teams.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »