'23 Playoff Picture

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where do we get

Win the Division
3%
Wild Card
43%
Miss the Playoffs
23%
What is a blitzer
30%

Total votes: 30

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
10 Dec 2023 18:26
So the Cowboys game is actually really big for the Packers now.

If Dallas loses tonight, they will drop to 4 losses and have the following games:

At Buffalo
At Miami
Detroit
At Washington

What This Means

1. If the Packers win out
2. MN beats Detroit at least once
3. One of Miami or Buffalo beats Dallas

Green Bay is guaranteed either the #3 seed and wins the North or the #5 seed and plays the NFC South Champ in the Wildcard round
Wow. Thanks for situational awareness. BEAT DALLAS!!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
10 Dec 2023 18:26
So the Cowboys game is actually really big for the Packers now.

If Dallas loses tonight, they will drop to 4 losses and have the following games:

At Buffalo
At Miami
Detroit
At Washington

What This Means

1. If the Packers win out
2. MN beats Detroit at least once
3. One of Miami or Buffalo beats Dallas

Green Bay is guaranteed either the #3 seed and wins the North or the #5 seed and plays the NFC South Champ in the Wildcard round
I will still take the 3-seed, but just can’t get behind the Eagles tonight. I hate them more than Dallas and I probably hate them more than Minnesota.

Go Cowboys!!

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I was looking at ticket prices for Carolina games. Their next home game has $9 tickets in the cheap seats lol

But our game in Carolina has tickets at around $50ish.

I can only assume that stadium will be around 80% packer fans based on that price swing
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Crazy to think we are probably gonna win the division.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

lupedafiasco wrote:
11 Dec 2023 00:23
"Probably"? That's jumpiing the gun by a long way. We might win it, but certainly aren't favourites.

If we could be said to have a two-thirds chance of winning each of the next five games, that equates to a 13% chance of winning all five. Even if we had a three-quarters chance of winning each, it's only 24% to win all five. There is more than likely going to be a bump in the road.

I'm hopefui, but it's far too soon to be confident! Happy Christmas!

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

we are playing well, and still have a chance but I think perceptions have been inflated a tad in the past couple weeks. It was great to see the Packers take a game the other team gave them opportunities to win in the Chargers game, unlike the game against MN where the Vikings tried and tried to give us a chance to win and we kept saying, no thanks.

But make no mistake, we didn't force most of those mistakes but thankfully were able to capitalize. That won't happen every week or against the really good teams. We beat the Lions, but then so did Da Bears, and quite handily.

And then KC. again, we played pretty well and that was great to see. I think our defensive performance was nice, but also the perception was a tad inflated for my taste by the outcome. But we still have holes, we've gotten most of the bounces etc. All it takes is for a few bounces to start going the other way again then we'll see what we have.

It's still a long road to winning the division, but I'm glad there is a chance at least.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

dsr wrote:
11 Dec 2023 03:39
lupedafiasco wrote:
11 Dec 2023 00:23
"Probably"? That's jumpiing the gun by a long way. We might win it, but certainly aren't favourites.

If we could be said to have a two-thirds chance of winning each of the next five games, that equates to a 13% chance of winning all five. Even if we had a three-quarters chance of winning each, it's only 24% to win all five. There is more than likely going to be a bump in the road.

I'm hopefui, but it's far too soon to be confident! Happy Christmas!
lol.

This forum has a tendancy to project based the last 2 games.

But I will say that we do have a punchers chance at the North now thanks to the Bears. But I think the 6 seed is our most likely target.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

this is a dream big thread, got it :) reality is that we still have 5 games to play, and on any given Sunday the teams expected to win, don't, and those expected to lose, win, we just beat two top teams on the slide, great wins , yes, but we still need to play as though every game is the most important game of the season, what a wild ride this season has been.

One game at a time, keep the peddle to the metal and go put a whipping on the G-men tonight :aok:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Short week and TNF against Denver for the Lions. If we get some help there, I think we have inside track at the division.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

On-paper, Detroit is still the comfortable favorite to win the division, but that neglects one very big truth: that the Lions are going to... Lion. 8-)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Labrev wrote:
11 Dec 2023 08:22
On-paper, Detroit is still the comfortable favorite to win the division, but that neglects one very big truth: that the Lions are going to... Lion. 8-)
very true, The division is for the Lions to lose. But if they win the division then they might have to play the Packers in their first playoff game in forever. I'll take that matchup any day.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Feel like we still need to win the next couple before i start planning on taking the division. Just me though
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

NCF wrote:
11 Dec 2023 07:57
Short week and TNF against Denver for the Lions. If we get some help there, I think we have inside track at the division.
Short week but Saturday night for the Lions not Thursday. Go Broncs.

How could you overlook the big Thursday night clash between the Easton Stick led Chargers at the Raiders coming off 0 points with Aiden O'Connell at QB? :lol:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

TheSkeptic wrote:
11 Dec 2023 08:36
Labrev wrote:
very true, The division is for the Lions to lose. But if they win the division then they might have to play the Packers in their first playoff game in forever. I'll take that matchup any day.
Yeah, that's my thought as well. I just did the Playoff predictor and unfortunately we would need to win out and Detroit lose 3 of their last 4. Very unlikely. But I'd be ok with going to Detroit for round 1.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheSkeptic wrote:
11 Dec 2023 08:36
Labrev wrote:
More than likely the Wildcard Weekend will be Green Bay vs Detroit.

Only question is who hosts it.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

When we speak about winning culture, never underestimate the pressure and anti-culture of not winning a division title in 3+ decades.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

No no, you're not hearing me. What I'm saying is.... Lions gonna Lion. 8-)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

NCF wrote:
11 Dec 2023 09:56
When we speak about winning culture, never underestimate the pressure and anti-culture of not winning a division title in 3+ decades.
Not to mention the fact that in this millennium, four different teams have clinched the NFC North (Central) - and the Lions aren't one of them! :lol:

(Before anyone asks, the 1999 Buccaneers played the last regular season game on 2nd January 2000.)

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

A simple way to think about Detroit to win the division.

If they beat MN twice: The lions have to lose 3 of their 3 remaining games possibly lose the division
If the Lions lose to MN at least once: The lions have to lose 1 of their remaining 4 games to possibly lose the division

The biggest game and potential for GB to win the division is Detroit at Minnesota on Christmas Eve. We will be playing the Panthers at the same time.

A Packer loss (especially if it's to MN or CHI) essentiallly assures a Lions division clinch.
Yoop wrote: