Rasul Traded to Bills

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Suuuulll

Amazing
No votes
Good
11%
Ok
33%
Don’t like it
50%
Fire TT
6%

Total votes: 18

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
31 Dec 2023 11:56
NCF wrote:
31 Dec 2023 10:53
The trade is starting to look not so hot, but I am a little perplexed at the long-term view of this. For those saying we should have extended Rasul, do you realize he will be 30 before the 2024 season begins? I don't think there is a ton of mileage left, especially for a guy that wasn't all that athletically gifted to begin with.

Bad move, but short-term bad move, not a long-term bad move.
I think his game will age well because size, IQ, and physicality would allow him to get a lot of mileage out of the next few years. Sul is not an elite athlete like Jaire but he's not a bad one and he's way better at staying on the field, while also probably being significantly less costly. I'd give him a 3 year deal, maybe 4 if he's willing to entertain a move to S toward the end of it.
Rasul is not here, dave isn't here either :rotf: :rotf: bring more pizza :rotf:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rasul with an INT for the bills today
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
31 Dec 2023 13:11
And another for 6

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004 wrote:
31 Dec 2023 13:20
Drj820 wrote:
And another for 6
He would be stuck in GB with an incompetent and pu$$y organization if not for criticizing Barry. I think Jaire and Campbell took notes.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rasul turned their whole defense around tbh. They were struggling big time after milano got hurt
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Drj820 wrote:
31 Dec 2023 13:41
Rasul turned their whole defense around tbh. They were struggling big time after milano got hurt
He turned our defense around two years ago!
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

wallyuwl wrote:
31 Dec 2023 13:24
BF004 wrote:
31 Dec 2023 13:20
Drj820 wrote:
And another for 6
He would be stuck in GB with an incompetent and pu$$y organization if not for criticizing Barry. I think Jaire and Campbell took notes.
I suspect more than Jaire and Campbell took notes.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Don’t watch this if, like me, you hated to see Sul go.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

One of two things had to happen. You either give up on Rasul or you give up on Stokes. Now as much as I have said from day 1 that Stokes was going to be an awful CB in the league because he has terrible lower body technique, if that was my pick you kind of gotta stick by it and hope it develops. On top of that you have Valentine with 3 more years of control and a capable boundary CB.

I would still stand by that Douglas trade being a good move.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Jan 2024 23:40
One of two things had to happen. You either give up on Rasul or you give up on Stokes. Now as much as I have said from day 1 that Stokes was going to be an awful CB in the league because he has terrible lower body technique, if that was my pick you kind of gotta stick by it and hope it develops. On top of that you have Valentine with 3 more years of control and a capable boundary CB.

Not for a late 3rd round pick. He was worth a lot more than that. And the only reason the Packers got so little for him was because Barry wanted him gone. If the Bills were to trade him after this season they get a mid 2nd round pick for him, maybe more.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

TheSkeptic wrote:
02 Jan 2024 00:20
lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Jan 2024 23:40

Not for a late 3rd round pick. He was worth a lot more than that. And the only reason the Packers got so little for him was because Barry wanted him gone. If the Bills were to trade him after this season they get a mid 2nd round pick for him, maybe more.
You realize Jalen Ramsey was had for a 3rd round pick right? It was good value. I don’t know what you people expect from from a mid tier and getting old CB. Great player. I loved Rasul while he was here. But it was actually a good move by Gutenbumst. Of all the things to be critical of and this is the one that sticks in fans craw.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

There is nuance in saying “hated to see him go” as opposed to “it was a bad trade”.

I said from the beginning that I understand why they made the move. Just tough to see him now making play after play for Buffalo when this Packer defense lacks playmakers.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

yep Rasul was the problem, same with Alexander, Barry isn't the problem they where.

we see vet players play lights of fire one game, don't here from them again the next, same at every vet position, rookies and players simply hoping to be back next season play 110 % lights out, they have zero bargaining power.

trading Rasul was simply getting rid of a dis gruntled player, same as this suspension of Jaire

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I didn’t call it a bad trade. I wouldn’t have done it for that compensation though. He’s just more to us than that in my opinion.

Every personnel move in the last 12 months should have been about getting us ready for a ‘24-‘26 window. With an emphasis on ‘25-‘26. Rasul should still be a dog then, not too old yet. I would have preferred an extension.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
02 Jan 2024 07:01
yep Rasul was the problem, same with Alexander, Barry isn't the problem they where.

we see vet players play lights of fire one game, don't here from them again the next, same at every vet position, rookies and players simply hoping to be back next season play 110 % lights out, they have zero bargaining power.

trading Rasul was simply getting rid of a dis gruntled player, same as this suspension of Jaire
He was critical of the team and said they needed to be better because he takes a lot of pride in the performance, but that does not mean he was disgruntled or wanted out. He and Jones were crying when he had to clear out his locker.

The issues were him were not a big deal at all and he more than made up for it with on-field play. They traded him because they know they can't resign him *and* have Jaire on an elite CB contract, so Gute figured better to take the 3 now than wait a year for a comp pick likely lower than that for half a season of play.

But that was a mistake because Jaire has become unreliable both in terms of play, health, and personality. Douglas does not have Jaire's ceiling but he is MUCH more reliable in all three departments. So we should have traded Jaire and re-signed Sul.
Last edited by Labrev on 02 Jan 2024 09:19, edited 1 time in total.
—Magneto

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Labrev wrote:
02 Jan 2024 08:44
Yoop wrote:

He was critical of the team and said they needed to be better because he takes a lot of pride in the performance, but that does not mean he was disgruntled or wanted out. He and Jones were crying when he had to clear out his locker.

The issues were him were not a big deal at all and he more than made up for it with on-field play. They traded him because they know they can't resign him *and* have Jaire on an elite CB contract, so Gute figured better to take the 3 then wait a year for a comp pick likely lower than that for half a season of play.

But that was a mistake because Jaire has become unreliable both in terms of play, health, and personality. Douglas does not have Jaire's ceiling but he is MUCH more reliable in all three departments. So we should have traded Jaire and re-signed Sul.
Rasul was under contract for next season, he did not need to be re-signed.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
Yoop wrote:

The issues were him were not a big deal at all and he more than made up for it with on-field play. They traded him because they know they can't resign him *and* have Jaire on an elite CB contract, so Gute figured better to take the 3 now than wait a year for a comp pick likely lower than that for half a season of play.

I can't find the articles now but Rasul was upset in training camp. not only about retaining Barry, mostly over the firing of Jerry Gray, and other reports said he was openly upset right before he was traded.

as others said we have the nucleus to be real good the next 2 or 3 years, why ship out a prime DB, the secondary is what this defense needs to improve, makes zero sense to trade one of it's best for a 3 round pick, unless he was becoming a locker room cancer, same with Alexander, he needed a wake up call, a talking to, a suspension minus a game check hopefully cools his temper.

neither of these two players should have needed these actions, unless there had been a team/coaches meeting earlier that I'am not aware of, and they refused to listen, but imo something like that was needed earlier, water over the bridge now.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
02 Jan 2024 13:12
Labrev wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I can't find the articles now but Rasul was upset in training camp. not only about retaining Barry, mostly over the firing of Jerry Gray, and other reports said he was openly upset right before he was traded.

as others said we have the nucleus to be real good the next 2 or 3 years, why ship out a prime DB, the secondary is what this defense needs to improve, makes zero sense to trade one of it's best for a 3 round pick, unless he was becoming a locker room cancer, same with Alexander, he needed a wake up call, a talking to, a suspension minus a game check hopefully cools his temper.

neither of these two players should have needed these actions, unless there had been a team/coaches meeting earlier that I'am not aware of, and they refused to listen, but imo something like that was needed earlier, water over the bridge now.
No the thing that happened in camp was Douglas yelling at the OFFENSE for bad plays/mistakes, not defense, much less anything about Barry or Gray. He clarified later that he did that because he wanted them to perform better than they were performing.
—Magneto