'23 Playoff Picture

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where do we get

Win the Division
3%
Wild Card
43%
Miss the Playoffs
23%
What is a blitzer
30%

Total votes: 30

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Preferences?

To Dallas vs MM or to Detroit again? Dallas starting to look like the most likely outcome.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

We want Detroit. We have beaten them and they really aren’t that good. Everything they have, Dallas has but a little bit better.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
01 Jan 2024 09:42
Preferences?

To Dallas vs MM or to Detroit again? Dallas starting to look like the most likely outcome.
I want the hardest games. This year is not about "how far we can get"

So I am very much okay with Dallas and then SF. I legit think we can beat Dallas.

But overall it would be really cool to see an NFC Opponent. We already know how we match up vs Detroit
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I don't expect us to get far, but honestly, for all the flaws this young team has, the NFC is not that strong. If we avoid SF, we could sneak into the big dance. Philly would probably handle us too, but like... the Cards just beat them, Love flashed against them last year, their offense has not looked as strong after losing some coaches.

And then tbh I'm not sure I really fear any AFC playoff team other than Baltimore. Don't get me wrong, lots of good teams there, but none other than BAL that I look at and think "heh, season was fun while it lasted."
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
01 Jan 2024 09:59
I don't expect us to get far, but honestly, for all the flaws this young team has, the NFC is not that strong. If we avoid SF, we could sneak into the big dance. Philly would probably handle us too, but like... the Cards just beat them, Love flashed against them last year, their offense has not looked as strong after losing some coaches.

And then tbh I'm not sure I really fear any AFC playoff team other than Baltimore. Don't get me wrong, lots of good teams there, but none other than BAL that I look at and think "heh, season was fun while it lasted."
The only way we can avoid SF is to be the 6th seed and the Rams win the WC and then go to SF and beat them for the first of 3 times.

We will be either the 6 or 7 seed. Which means we are almost assured needing to go through SF to get to the NFC Title game.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

go pak go wrote:
01 Jan 2024 10:02
Labrev wrote:
01 Jan 2024 09:59

The only way we can avoid SF is to be the 6th seed and the Rams win the WC and then go to SF and beat them for the first of 3 times.

We will be either the 6 or 7 seed. Which means we are almost assured needing to go through SF to get to the NFC Title game.
Ha... so much for that, then.

In any case, we're playing with house money should we make the playoffs, so whatever. I actually would love to see how we look against SF with a different offense. I am not really expecting a different result because SF is just so damn stacked, but if we can for once look competitive against them for 60 minutes, I'd feel really good about that.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Win and in, as the saying goes.

But even if they lose, they may still be in. All but the Seahawks-Cardinals will have played out by the time the Packers take the field for the second round of Sunday games.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

With Aaron Jones healthy again ............. I can't imagine the Bears beating the Packers on Sunday. The ability to balance the running game with Jordan Love's ability to spray the ball around to 4 or more receivers on any given passing play is quite a lethal weapon formula. Tucker Kraft feelin' it all day long will likely be the norm as well. No need for screen passes .......... just keep going vertical even if its a 5 yarder from time to time. And win the turnover battle of course.

If Jordan hits Doubs (or any other young receivers) on a deep ball, Lambeau Field will erupt into a wild GO PACK GO frenzy. This will be a fun game to be at.

How bad is Christian Watson's injury? Can he play on Sunday or not?

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
02 Jan 2024 23:23
With Aaron Jones healthy again ............. I can't imagine the Bears beating the Packers on Sunday. The ability to balance the running game with Jordan Love's ability to spray the ball around to 4 or more receivers on any given passing play is quite a lethal weapon formula. Tucker Kraft feelin' it all day long will likely be the norm as well. No need for screen passes .......... just keep going vertical even if its a 5 yarder from time to time. And win the turnover battle of course.

If Jordan hits Doubs (or any other young receivers) on a deep ball, Lambeau Field will erupt into a wild GO PACK GO frenzy. This will be a fun game to be at.

How bad is Christian Watson's injury? Can he play on Sunday or not?
He is quoted as saying he plans to. 50-50 IMO but I don't think they need him. Bo Melton ran a 4.34 at the combine so they still have a burner the D has to respect deep.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I have to admit that I was wrong. The Packers' season is not over and I don't think the Packers will lay down and lose vs the Bears as they did a year ago vs the Lions. :oops:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
01 Jan 2024 16:45
Win and in, as the saying goes.

But even if they lose, they may still be in. All but the Seahawks-Cardinals will have played out by the time the Packers take the field for the second round of Sunday games.

Yup. We back into the playoffs with:

1. Cardinals AND Lions win

AND

2. Falcons OR PANTHERS win
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

NCF wrote:
03 Jan 2024 15:13
That should lock the Packers in to another trip to Ford Field. :aok:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Sam Darnold starting too.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I want the Lions

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

NCF wrote:
I thnik it makes sense for the Rams to tank this game. I don't know all the scenarios, but it would be a bit rash to throw everything into winning this game against the 49ers and get a reward of playing ... the 49ers in the wild card round!

Better to let the 49ers win and collect the number 1 seed, and go after them hard in the 2nd play-off game (if they get there), and give their players a break.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

dsr wrote:
03 Jan 2024 18:12
NCF wrote:
I thnik it makes sense for the Rams to tank this game. I don't know all the scenarios, but it would be a bit rash to throw everything into winning this game against the 49ers and get a reward of playing ... the 49ers in the wild card round!

Better to let the 49ers win and collect the number 1 seed, and go after them hard in the 2nd play-off game (if they get there), and give their players a break.
SF has the Bye, though, so 7 seed likely goes to Dallas.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So the #2 seed.

If Dallas wins it’s theirs.

If Dallas loses and Philly wins it’s theirs

If Dallas and Philly lose and Detroit wins it’s theirs, and Dallas is #3 seed.

If all 3 loses it’s Dallas.

Dallas and Philly both play garbage division teams and will both be trying, Detroit almost assuredly will be that 3 seed.

Assuming we win, be near a coin flip if we are 6 or 7 seed with SF and Rams both resting starters.

Guess I’m not really afraid of any of them. Dallas is probably the best team right now?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Would love for the parallels to change from Rodgers to Favre on Loves trajectory.

Meaning go to Detroit and smoke them.

Then go to SF and have Wayne Simmons force a fumble and Craig News… errrr Quay Walker forces it and Jaire scoops it up for a TD, en route to a convincing victory in SF.

Although then we’d have to lose a game in Big D this year, but then go to back to back super bowls. However the 2nd one is where he bucks the trend and wins and the 2nd one.

Then from there we move to Jordan and start talking about 3 peats.

Then to the Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

whatever it takes to keep playing each week is all that matters to me :woohoo: :jam: :guitar: :dude: :banana: :yoshi: :cigar: :afro: :rimshot: :rimshot: