Here's Johnny!! Week 18

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

I think the young WRs really balled out. Can't pick Wicks so I will go with Melton even though he couldn't come down with the TD. He played really well considering where he was a few weeks ago.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Love gets my vote. Biggest game of his career and he freakin' NAILED IT.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

So its Wicks, right?

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

APB wrote:
07 Jan 2024 18:46
Love, Jones, and Reed all played great games but they are no longer underdogs in my mind. Nothing short of spectacular will get a vote from me.
All three were spectacular. Maybe Love just makes it look easy.

My plan was to vote Brooks. What a game he had. But nobody had him. Will rewatch the game before voting.
Last edited by AmishMafia on 08 Jan 2024 06:57, edited 1 time in total.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

OL?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
08 Jan 2024 06:57
OL?
That was my vote. They went up against one of the top defensive fronts (statistically) and dominated them both in the run and pass game. Super performance by those guys.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

APB wrote:
08 Jan 2024 06:59
BF004 wrote:
08 Jan 2024 06:57
OL?
That was my vote. They went up against one of the top defensive fronts (statistically) and dominated them both in the run and pass game. Super performance by those guys.
I will never vote for OLine. Rasheed Walker, maybe. If it were a vote based upon the entire season and his status as long shot to succeed, absolutely. he plays one of the hardest positions in football and he is now an above average starter in his second year after being a 7th round draft pick the year before. He is the poster boy for Here's Johnny.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Lots of worthy options, but I'm going to give my vote to Quay. He was integral in limiting Fields running opportunities. Played a very good game.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
08 Jan 2024 15:57
Lots of worthy options, but I'm going to give my vote to Quay. He was integral in limiting Fields running opportunities. Played a very good game.
Does my heart good seeing our 2 1st round 2022 picks thriving yesterday
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

paco wrote:
08 Jan 2024 15:57
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I'm going to go with Quay Walker. A sack, a TFL, 9 tackles and was the main reason behind holding Fields to only 3.4 yards a scramble.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Quay Walker
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Walker

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Quay Walker
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Wow, this is hard! I really can't decide. So I'm giving it until Thursday Finland time...

Love - Cool cat in the most important game of the season. Bright lights, no prob. Da Bears were measuring whether they have a starting QB for the future. Well, they do still suck. This performance by Love was a precious middle finger. The Packer fans can now watch Bears fans tear each other apart about the starting QB in the upcoming draft. :munch: :beer2: :twisted:

Jones - When asked to carry a game alone as featured RB, he sure carried. About half of his yards after contact, several for key 1st downs. Never wore down, took the pain to the D. So many tough yards. Sealed the deal. A boss!

Reed - 112 yards, a lot of those at important moments. He can get SO open. And for a key 1st down he gets hit HARD and hangs on. EXACTLY the performance I ideally want from a slot WR.

Wicks - A warrior. 2 tds, and the fight for the 2nd one was an insult to the Bears, and I liked it. This 5th rounder is no stooge. He has Adams -like savvy to his game.

OL - This may have been best performance by an OL for the money spent on the 5 guys ever. Even Walker dominated, and no weak links. Surrendered one sack, and not many pressures at all. No penalties? If anyone had told me before the season we'd have a quality OL with Walker, Elg, Myers, Rhyan, and Tom, I'd have called you crazy. LT is supposed to be impossible to find outside of 1st round, and even then a 50/50 gamble. So how the &%$@ do we have Walker, Nijman, Tom and Elg who can play it?

Quay - Tasked with neutralizing Fields' running he did just that plus some violence on blocks and one sack. Dude came to deliver with all his athletic talent. As a spy, he was 007 -quality.

Wyatt - Best game of career, brought the heat! Like Quay, a 1st rounder blooming into a play-maker is a thing of beauty and destruction of enemies. We needed pressure with 4, and got it!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

some say the best performances by both OL and DL all season, hard to argue with that.

I couldn't pick OL, or Brooks, Walker is still a good choice to me. :)

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Never got a chance to re watch.

The WRs and TEs can all be made a case for. But Love was dropping them dimes all over the field. Makes being a receiver that much easier.

I have to go defense as they shut down one of the hotter offenses and one of the best rushing attacks. 3 weeks ago the Bears probably would have ran for 300+ yds. The Packer defense surprised everyone.

Going to go with Quay Walker. The game I have been waiting for him to have.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Ultimately, I vote for Love.

In a spot AR failed last season, Love won, even with a lot of dice rolls going the other way. Playoff QB, baby!