Post Game: THE PACKERS ARE PLAYOFF BOUND

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
07 Jan 2024 21:58
paco wrote:
07 Jan 2024 21:51
The problem the Bears have, if they want to do it the Packer way, is they needed to draft their QB 3 years ago. Let him sit. Let the fans hate the GM and then come full circle to realize that the actual plan works.

But instead the Bears will just keep doing what they do at QB like what the Packers do at DC. Get a new one and hope it works out better this time.
The bigger problem is they don't have a HOFer to sit behind and learn from for three years. Or an all pro. Or even a pro bowler. Much less a HOFer that himself sat behind a HOFer.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
07 Jan 2024 22:17
APB wrote:
07 Jan 2024 20:52
MLF is one fired up hombre!

*Tweet*
Rashan Gary like

What are we talking about. Where are muh tweets

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

wallyuwl wrote:
07 Jan 2024 22:40
The bigger problem is they don't have a HOFer to sit behind for three years. Or an all pro. Or even a pro bowler. Much less a HOFer that himself sat behind a HOFer.
The Chiefs executed this plan with Alex Smith as the holdover.

The Bengals did it with Carson Palmer sitting behind John Kitna. It doesn't matter who it is as long as it's someone with experience in the league. The important thing is that Starting NFL QB is not an entry-level position. Back-up NFL QB is a great job in which to learn how to take the next steps.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Scott4Pack wrote:
07 Jan 2024 19:57
BETWEEN this one and Melton’s “non touchdown” I think da Bears fared well with the refs.
And the 4th and 1 whose generous spot wasnt enough, so they put the ball in front of the refs foot, called out the chains, then measured away from the ball without pulling tight.

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

musclestang wrote:
07 Jan 2024 18:16
kampmanfan4life wrote:
07 Jan 2024 18:16
I don't think we had any huge injuries this game. Was Tom able to finish the game?
I believe so
I’m pretty sure he was back out on the field after he came out of the tunnel.
GO PACK GO!!!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
07 Jan 2024 19:57
APB wrote:
07 Jan 2024 19:55
Reviewed and called a completed pass.

@YoHoChecko I believe you were looking for this play during the GDT chatter.

BETWEEN this one and Melton’s “non touchdown” I think da Bears fared well with the refs.
It would seem that the goal of officiating in the NFL is to keep the scores/games close, fans like close scoring games, well thats how it appears anyway. :?:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I am mostly onboard with the "let them play" philosophy of officiating but there's got to be some limits. This play exceeds the limit. Ridiculous.

Don't let anybody tell you the refs gave this game to GB.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Don’t try this at home kids.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
08 Jan 2024 07:32
Don’t try this at home kids.

when he threw that I wen't OH NO, then OH YA, thats such a dangerous throw, double coverage, back against the grain, great toss and catch.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

After seeing Love this year I am super excited to see Clifford in year 4, based in how both looked in preseason. :box:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
08 Jan 2024 07:33
I can't tell you how much I freaked out about that play.

I am shocked how little attention this play has gotten.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
08 Jan 2024 07:49
BF004 wrote:

His 2 best throws ended up incomplete...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
08 Jan 2024 07:49
BF004 wrote:

Really good job of Kraft also to bend it back inside toward the soft part of the defense. Sure doesnt look like two first year starters out there converting first downs!
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

In some ways I feel sorry for the Bears QB Fields. I hope he gets out of Chicago and goes to an AFC team before Chicago ruins him just like all previous Bear QB's.

Love is the better QB now and he ought to be grateful to be in GB and not suck as a Bear.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Jordan Love = Mental Toughness. That fumble in the early 4th quarter could have crushed him, but he was cool as a cat on the next drive. Never felt the pressure. Stats aside, that is going to be what sets him apart from other young QB's. He has a short memory, something you have to have in sports.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Acrobat wrote:
08 Jan 2024 08:33
Jordan Love = Mental Toughness. That fumble in the early 4th quarter could have crushed him, but he was cool as a cat on the next drive. Never felt the pressure. Stats aside, that is going to be what sets him apart from other young QB's. He has a short memory, something you have to have in sports.
The team as a whole is more resilient. When I saw the FG miss by Carlson, it felt a lot like many games we have just seen spiral, but I also felt a little more confidence in this team not to let it drag them down like they used to.

And it is no doubt due to the example set at QB. The QB is your field general, of course players take their cue from him more than any other player. If he flies off the handle and loses his cool, it demoralizes guys. When he stays in control, others will too.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

YoHoChecko wrote:
07 Jan 2024 22:31
go pak go wrote:
07 Jan 2024 21:58
The problem the Bears have, if they want to do it the Packer way, is they needed to draft their QB 3 years ago. Let him sit. Let the fans hate the GM and then come full circle to realize that the actual plan works.

But instead the Bears will just keep doing what they do at QB like what the Packers do at DC. Get a new one and hope it works out better this time.
It is SO. DANGED. WILD. to me that "the plan that gave the NFL Mahomes, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers, and now Love" isn't the gold standard for what to do at QB. Other QBs who sat most of their rookie years but ended up coming in later in the year (not the best, but still a plan) include Lamar and Josh Allen.

You draft a guy with talent and you sit him for the whole year. If you have a guy who is smart and savvy and knows the game playing QB in that time, you're good to go and you can take your time over multiple years. If you DON'T have that guy, you can go get one... doesn't have to be a hall of famer.

Yes, some QBs excel immediately. But with the low overall QB play around the league and the insanely high "bust" rate at the position, people keep saying "oh we can't evaluate these guys, we keep missing" instead of "oh, we're not developing these guys; we're throwing them to the wolves and letting them develop bad habits and lose confidence"

It's so easy. It's so obvious. It's so verifiable with metrics and case studies. When you're transitioning to a new QB, you need to have a full on organizational plan, a flexible but long-run timeline, and the patience and perseverance to stick with it. Unless you are drafting top 1 or 2 and get one of those just natural, obvious "oh, wow, ok he can be the guy from day one" which is what CJ Stroud did this year and we've seen on occasion before, this is the way.
Part of why Stroud is an exception is he walked onto an actual team instead of the usual basket case collection of misfits. Duh bares could try this with Fields and whoever they pick. He can still go out there and be the middling QB while giving the new guy a chance to learn. He'd cost them less than 5 million to keep. And if he does play well they can try to franchise him to move him for a pick.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Also, we do not end the year with a winning record and make the playoffs if not for an incredible 2023 draft.

LVN, Musgrave, Reed, Kraft, Brooks, Wicks, Carlson (if barely), Valentine, maybe even AJJ for giving us passable starter play and some nice reps here and there.... all played an indispensable role in our success. What a homerun of a draft.

All hail Gute & Co :hail: .... and just as importantly, to the coaching staff for getting them ready and using them right.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Of all the elements that lead to this win the consistent converting on third and long was ridiculous. Love, the O line and receivers/Jones all played superbly. Well done guys. Next stop Dallas. Let’s have some fun.
GO PACK GO!!!