Wild Card Games

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I went night skiing instead. The only time this crusty old man will pay to watch football is when I go to a game :)

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

musclestang wrote:
14 Jan 2024 07:54
I went night skiing instead. The only time this crusty old man will pay to watch football is when I go to a game :)
F Amazon. F Peacock. F the NFL for being so greedy. The NFL has forgotten who made the NFL what it became. Waiting to know what day the Packers - Bears game was held last weekend was another F for the greedy NFL. There are plenty of Fs to go around.

I'm just glad I moved back to Wisconsin where the Packers games are on TV regardless.

:woohoo:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
14 Jan 2024 08:09
musclestang wrote:
F Amazon. F Peacock. F the NFL for being so greedy. The NFL has forgotten who made the NFL what it became. Waiting to know what day the Packers - Bears game was held last weekend was another F for the greedy NFL. There are plenty of Fs to go around.

I'm just glad I moved back to Wisconsin where the Packers games are on TV regardless.

seems like if ya live outside of your fav teams local viewing broadcast, streaming will become your only alternative, and eventually even the local broad cast will end, Cable TV is turning to streaming, the end of free TV is knocking on the door

I've nearly cut the chord, just basic package now, I use Amazon, Paramount and Netfix for everything else

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Yoop wrote:
14 Jan 2024 10:13
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
14 Jan 2024 08:09
musclestang wrote:

seems like if ya live outside of your fav teams local viewing broadcast, streaming will become your only alternative, and eventually even the local broad cast will end, Cable TV is turning to streaming, the end of free TV is knocking on the door

I've nearly cut the chord, just basic package now, I use Amazon, Paramount and Netfix for everything else
I see the writing on the wall, but I won’t be following. Most of the games matter far less to me than they used to. Packer games are about all I make time for and when I have to pay for them too I’ll pretty much be out. They won’t miss me. But they may miss the next 50 years of fandom of my kids like I have them for so long. But guess they’ll have Europe and Mexico to replace them with

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

It looks as though postponing the Steelers-Bills matchup was a good call. Good gawd, that’s not football weather or any other kind of leave your home weather.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Then again…?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Has anybody seen any preliminary viewership numbers on the Peacock broadcast game? Curious how many new subscribers it attracted.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

APB wrote:
14 Jan 2024 11:25
It looks as though postponing the Steelers-Bills matchup was a good call. Good gawd, that’s not football weather or any other kind of leave your home weather.

Will a one-day delay be enough?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:

Yeah they are calling for 24 to 36 inches of snow and heavy winds.

The NFL absolutely made the right call. Might not be ready by tomorrow night either
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
14 Jan 2024 13:29
APB wrote:

Yeah they are calling for 24 to 36 inches of snow and heavy winds.

The NFL absolutely made the right call. Might not be ready by tomorrow night either
NFLN said the witch, I mean governor, hopes the travel restrictions can be lifted by midnight tonight.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I thought Laporta was out for the season and now I see him catch a Touchdown?
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
14 Jan 2024 20:06
I thought Laporta was out for the season and now I see him catch a Touchdown?
Can’t believe he’s playing. Hyperextended knee a couple days ago

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

I predicted the Browns/Texans game wrong, but I am thinking its kind of cool to see CJ Stroud having so much success. I need to watch more of him. I think that him and the Texans, much like Love and thePackers will be consistent playoff contenders for several years coming. Maybe they will meet in the SB one day. :lol:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Dalton Kincaid with 6 catches, 85 yards, and 2 TDs in the first quarter

(I dunno if y'all remember but I was a big anti-Kincaid to the Packers guy around the draft--but mainly because I think he's a big slot, not a TE. But still, he's looking good, so he's earning his hype)

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

MY_TAKE wrote:
15 Jan 2024 10:46
I predicted the Browns/Texans game wrong, but I am thinking its kind of cool to see CJ Stroud having so much success. I need to watch more of him. I think that him and the Texans, much like Love and the Packers will be consistent playoff contenders for several years coming. Maybe they will meet in the SB one day. :lol:
Rich Eisen introduced his segment about how Love and Stroud had virtually identical playoff debuts by pointing out that this is the first NFL postseason since 1998 in which neither Peyton Manning nor Tom Brady are in the field (basically implying a possible changing of the guard with these two guys)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Had the Bills and Bucs today.

Packers only road team to win all weekend.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

APB wrote:
14 Jan 2024 12:05
Has anybody seen any preliminary viewership numbers on the Peacock broadcast game? Curious how many new subscribers it attracted.
Reports saying it averaged 23 million viewers. NBC seems to be gloating over it. I would've loved it if the ratings had tanked.

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/dolph ... 35871764/
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Papa John wrote:
15 Jan 2024 16:41
APB wrote:
14 Jan 2024 12:05
Reports saying it averaged 23 million viewers. NBC seems to be gloating over it. I would've loved it if the ratings had tanked.

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/dolph ... 35871764/
From the article, they make it sound like 23m was a huge success. But then consider the Packers-Cowboys viewership numbers:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Probably the better "bar" for the Peacock views.

https://barrettsportsmedia.com/2024/01/ ... -telecast/
NBC Reaches 29 Million Viewers With Browns-Texans Telecast
Yoop wrote: