POST GAME: WildCard at Dallas WIN

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

Raptorman wrote:
15 Jan 2024 11:38
LombardiTime wrote:
15 Jan 2024 11:02
Um, what are the POINTS PER GAME since Aaron Jones returned to the lineup and gave the Pack a legitimate threat in the running game?
23 ppg with Jones. Still under the 25 ppg average of top QB's. FWIW, Mahomes is average 29 ppg.
Try again.

Aaron RETURNED from injury in the TB game.

Since then, GB has scored 20, 33, 33, 17, and 42 (not counting the pick 6) points or a total of 145 points over 5 games.

That equates to 29 points per game.

I did not include the games Jones played in but was "limited" after he returned from his game 1 hamstring injury against the Bears because he was not really much of a running threat (nor was Dillon all season), nor did I include the 31 points the O scored in that opening game.

With a legitimate running attack, Jordan love has been on fire.

In any event, even if GB loses in SF and Love turns out to be a complete bust going forward he still will have led the Pack to as many playoff wins in his first year as a starter as that soon to be 36 year old (and pending free agent) QB coming off a torn achilles has managed to lead his teams in DC and Minnesota to during his 12 years in the NFL.

That would be 1.

Can't wait for Minnesota to pay the shirtless wonder $40M or more to come back and QB that team or conversely watch them panic and select their next Ponder with pick 11.

Got to be hard for a Viking fan watching Detroit and GB win playoff games yesterday and knowing the Bears had as many wins as my team this season but have two of the top 10 picks (including number 1) in the draft and a lot of cap space available while realizing my team had only one true defensive stud (Danielle Hunter) in 2023 and he is likely walking in free agency.

Oh well, maybe Dean Lowry will come back stronger next season and along with the underappreciated (if not underpaid) Kirko Chainz lead the Purple to a glorious year 3 of what that franchise calls a competitive rebuild.

Skollllllllll!

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Papa John wrote:
15 Jan 2024 14:21
Maybe this has already been said here, but this thought occurred to me today. Is it possible that our Musgrave-Kraft combo could be like Gronk-Hernandez light? Probably wishful thinking but I don't remember the last time we had 2 tight ends with this sort of athletic ability that we could put on the field at the same time.
It has been said, but that just means great minds think alike :aok:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I personally don't know why a buddy team of TEs that had such a short stint together of mutual success has become the gold level comparison or measuring stick.

Musgrave and Kraft could be the Musgrave and Kraft of 2024!

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Jan 2024 18:16
I personally don't know why a buddy team of TEs that had such a short stint together of mutual success has become the comparison or measuring stick.

Musgrave and Kraft could be the Musgrave and Kraft of 2024!
Probably because it just is kind of unique to have that talent at that position at the same time. It seemed to work quite well for that short time there in NE. Of course I mean TE that are serious receiving threats and not just blocking TE's

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

MLF has been unbelievable as a play call/designer.

Howev3r success is also because good energetic receivers that run all day.

RB that keeps def honest.

QB that can extend play, has trust in the play and can make most throws.

A oline that gives the qb time.

Every facet was there against the cowboys.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
15 Jan 2024 18:34

Football is the ultimate team sport.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Love him or hate him…ok, mostly hate him…but regardless, Colin Cowherd has been converted.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
15 Jan 2024 20:05
Love him or hate him…ok, mostly hate him…but regardless, Colin Cowherd has been converted.

Didn’t watch yet but off the headline he’s right. The league has never seen an in season transformation like Loves. You see it season to season but Love out of nowhere put it all together and got into a groove.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Raptorman wrote:
15 Jan 2024 11:38
LombardiTime wrote:
15 Jan 2024 11:02
Um, what are the POINTS PER GAME since Aaron Jones returned to the lineup and gave the Pack a legitimate threat in the running game?
23 ppg with Jones. Still under the 25 ppg average of top QB's. FWIW, Mahomes is average 29 ppg.
I work in the world of educational measurement. Statistics are a very important tool to understand what and why things occur. They can and are often misrepresenting reasons due to variables that are not being measured. Statistics are merely a useful tool to explain phenomena, but are often misleading when not examining multiple variables involved.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

APB wrote:

Love this clip but most folks forget Love has the QB Whisperer tutoring him and I'm not talking about MLF. Tom Clements did this with a young Rodgers and is doing it again with Jordan. IMO Love's rapid development is no coincidence.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
16 Jan 2024 09:32
APB wrote:

Love this clip but most folks forget Love has the QB Whisperer tutoring him and I'm not talking about MLF. Tom Clements did this with a young Rodgers and is doing it again with Jordan. IMO Love's rapid development is no coincidence.
Clements isn't getting enough mention for Love's development. Bringing him back was a homerun.
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pretty amazing stuff, really...

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

APB wrote:

Ha! Even when speaking positively, Colin still has to throw in little exaggerations and outright fibs. I don't recall any real criticism of Love from the coaches or players like he's claiming.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I heard a sports talk guy today saying he thought the Boys underestimated the Packers. (Gosh, do you think?) And then the Packers were able to exploit the vulnerabilities.

Now let's just ignore this guy's lack of any real evaluation and thinking.

Maybe the Boys did underestimate the Pack. That's bad on them if they did. But the Pack still had to go out and make plays. And they did!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

bud fox wrote:
15 Jan 2024 18:34

...and doesn't seem to highly favor one receiver at the cost of the others. But let's not bring Aaron Rodgers into this...

;-)

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

salmar80 wrote:
16 Jan 2024 17:12
She took care of those roots. :beer2: :lombardi:

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

I don't know how to embed video, or if we can do it with instagram, but here's a short video I found on a Cowboys message board. It's safe for work and family!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Did anybody catch the slogan on the end line of one of the end zones in Dallas this weekend. It said, "BE LOVE."

I love the irony! Maybe they should've put a different slogan, at least for this weekend.