Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
17 Jan 2024 09:35
He missed Rasheed Walker.

Sounds like he did some fun Wikipedia searches, would have been cooler if he was able to exchange a few words with some of them.
I noted the 'Sheed oversight, too. Perhaps the biggest young contributor.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:

Sounds like he did some fun Wikipedia searches, would have been cooler if he was able to exchange a few words with some of them.
I'm accepting of baby steps. Making sure a national audience knows some people's names and some of the things they accomplished in college is good enough for me.

I certainly don't know which rookies and second year players are showing promising signs on most other teams, aside from the ones that get big time hype. Like it was THIS WEEK that I found out that the Rams have 9 and 8 sacks apiece from two 3rd round rookies--one edge and one interior guy. (both of whom I liked in the draft to varying degrees, but Koby Turner was someone I thought was too small for my taste)

So yeah, tell me their names; when they were drafted; how many years they led their college in whatever stats. I DO wish they would have highlighted Melton's speed since that's not what I think of when I think of Rutgers, but having coach quotes was a good addition

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Perhaps 'playmakers' is his version of 'skill positions'? Walker is deserving, but he wouldn't be in that conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Half Empty wrote:
17 Jan 2024 10:25
Perhaps 'playmakers' is his version of 'skill positions'? Walker is deserving, but he wouldn't be in that conversation.
I would agree, but he did Tom.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

We aint nobody's underdog, oh wait thats Mike McCarthy's line :rotf:

does Lafleur even have a line, maybe "We take no prisoners"

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Rasheed was so far downfield on the screen near the goal line I thought he was running a pattern. And he did get that early tackle on Jones. But he's really come on, he's been 7th round gold. :woohoo:

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

BF004 wrote:
17 Jan 2024 10:36
Half Empty wrote:
17 Jan 2024 10:25
I would agree, but he did Tom.
Oops. Didn't view it, just went off the list of names he listed and didn't see Zach.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Yoop wrote:
17 Jan 2024 10:39

He does have some lines:

"Get your !@#$ hot"
(Forum censored it, had to change the link. It's a word for urine.)

"All gas, no brake"
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
17 Jan 2024 12:48
Yoop wrote:
17 Jan 2024 10:39

He does have some lines:

"Get your !@#$ hot"

"All gas, no brake"
I like " All gas, No brake" the other, " Get your P hot" ehhh, it sounds dorky to me, A quick search turned up nothing :idn:

He has a lot of after game quotes, but Wisc. journal is now a pay sight and wouldn't let me bring them, getting so nothing is free any more :mrgreen:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Yoop wrote:
17 Jan 2024 16:18
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
He does have some lines:

"Get your !@#$ hot"

"All gas, no brake"
Get your P hot" ehhh, it sounds dorky to me, A quick search turned up nothing :idn:
I gave you the link right there! :lol:
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I'm a.. kind of touched. Initially, then lost sight of where he was headed. Then some nice praise on Matty.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
17 Jan 2024 19:53
Yoop wrote:
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
He does have some lines:

"Get your !@#$ hot"

"All gas, no brake"
Get your P hot" ehhh, it sounds dorky to me, A quick search turned up nothing :idn:
I meant to find other less weird sayings or slogans, but I did quickly read about the proper temp of Urine from your article :aok:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Yoop wrote:
18 Jan 2024 06:26
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I meant to find other less weird sayings or slogans, but I did quickly read about the proper temp of Urine from your article :aok:
OK, my bad. I couldn't tell what you meant there :beer2:
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
18 Jan 2024 10:59
Yoop wrote:
18 Jan 2024 06:26
Crazylegs Starks wrote:

OK, my bad. I couldn't tell what you meant there :beer2:
found a list with some great one liners from players and coaches., theres a bunch of really good ones :beer2:

Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I will accomplish what others can’t.” — Jerry Rice

If you have two quarterbacks, you actually have none.” — John Madden

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/top- ... s-coaches/

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

APB wrote:
17 Jan 2024 09:58
BF004 wrote:

Zach Tom and Walker are both 2nd year NFL players.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
18 Jan 2024 17:12
APB wrote:
BF004 wrote:

If these two become the anchors they've shown to be lately Gutekunst deserves consideration for GM of the year, appears he's really nailed his last 2 drafts, His hand picked QB looks like the next ho famer, has the youngest roster in the league in the PO's remarkable.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Hasn't anybody said if Enegbare has a ACL or not? I really haven't heard any firm sources on that.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

TheSkeptic wrote:
18 Jan 2024 17:12
APB wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Not sure your point. He included other 2nd year players in his introduction,

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Remember when we used to get mad as hell because the Packers couldn't score any points in the first half of games? That seems like a lifetime ago...

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootba ... to-receive
The first 39 times the Packers won the coin toss during Matt LaFleur’s career, they chose to defer. Then, in their Thanksgiving win at Detroit, LaFleur chose to receive. He chose to receive twice more after that in the regular season, and again on Sunday in the playoffs against the Cowboys.

Why the change? The Packers say it was about a shifting mindset with their offense, wanting to get the ball and start aggressively.

“I think the guys just feed off it,” Packers offensive coordinator Adam Stenavich said. “The confidence the coaches have in the players – their confidence, their excitement to go get the ball and get going. Anytime you can start fast and get seven points on the board in that first drive, I think that sets the tone for the entire game.”

Packers guard Jon Runyan said Green Bay’s first offensive drive after receiving the opening kickoff went a long way toward quieting the Dallas crowd.

“I think it’s the mentality, Coach LaFleur has been going out there and wanting the ball [after] the coin toss,” Runyan said. “If you don’t start fast, you kind of feel like you’re fighting uphill even more. That first drive, that first third down, that was one of the loudest crowds I’ve ever heard. As the game went forward, the second quarter, third quarter, the crowd got really quiet. It helps starting fast, putting 20 points on the board immediately, having their offense be in the two-minute mode. . . . On the road, starting fast in a playoff game, it’s a must-have really.”

San Francisco coach Kyle Shanahan says he will defer if the 49ers win the toss tomorrow night. So either way, it looks like the Packers will start on offense.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."