LaFleur's 2024 To-do list

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Add hire a new Strength & Conditioning staff to the list.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
24 Jan 2024 13:44
Yoop wrote:
24 Jan 2024 09:27
NCF wrote:
24 Jan 2024 09:07

If you think Kraft is that guy, then you need another TE that is more versatile/dangerous than a Ben Sims. My point is inside the 10, I really only want one WR on the field.
so in other words you want to tell the defense, where gonna run, just try and stop us, :rotf: we gonna butt kick you :rotf:
That's just it. I don't want the threat of the run, I want to excel at the run... and the pass. I want to be able to score both ways, at will, and in so many different ways using the same personnel grouping. Is that so much to ask for? :lol:
I just think you make the defense make the decision for you. Come out with Kraft, Musgrave, Watson, and take your pick at WR. If they come out in base you can do so much with the formations and passing game to kill them. If they come out light in nickel you should be able to excel at running just by being bigger across the board. Its what made the Pats so dangerous with Gronk and Hernandez.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
24 Jan 2024 13:44
Yoop wrote:
24 Jan 2024 09:27
NCF wrote:
24 Jan 2024 09:07

If you think Kraft is that guy, then you need another TE that is more versatile/dangerous than a Ben Sims. My point is inside the 10, I really only want one WR on the field.
so in other words you want to tell the defense, where gonna run, just try and stop us, :rotf: we gonna butt kick you :rotf:
That's just it. I don't want the threat of the run, I want to excel at the run... and the pass. I want to be able to score both ways, at will, and in so many different ways using the same personnel grouping. Is that so much to ask for? :lol:
no of course not, I'd like the same thing :aok: my comment was more aimed at some of the old coaches slogans of " this is what we are going to do, now just try and stop it" that was sorta meant with the smileys.

I also think that is really getting tough to do minus at least some deception, Philly did that with the tush push, others direct snap to RB, defenses are so stout up front even lead blockers get pushed aside and the RB hits a wall right at the LOS, I still think PA, RPO, RO, whatever title ya want to put on a fake of some sort works well.

I like Kraft in the roll of lead blocker, sure, I think he and Musgrave both could be good at it, it a skill that improves the longer you do it, imo anyway.

as for short yardage, say at the 1, well I'am a 5 wide guy, to me running, well running is just a waste of time :rotf: just joking lol,

I remember when the Bears lined up the ol Fridgerater, didn't someone mention Wyatt as a lead blocker???? heck just direct snap him the ball, or try out some other 300lb, thats a wrecking ball running behind other 300 lbers.

I'd suppose if that was actually a viable plan, we'd have seen more Fridges in action.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

After another disappointing exit, where we literally just needed one unit to not be bad. Missed FG, D gives up an all too easy scoring drive, O can't deliver. I want all the focus on becoming killers, how to finish, how to prepare for the final 5 minutes of a game. Complete mindset, belief, buy-in, conditioning, preparation, that every close game is ours, up or down, we will own the end of each and every game and we will deliver on that. Turn all gas no break into and actual state of mind.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Feel like this is Matt Lafleur growing up. Realizing that plagues holding the team back ultimately hurt him..and his goals…and his legacy.

Average DC when better may be available? Time to go for better

I expect more competition to be brought in for Carlson

Hamstring issues never get fixed? Bye S&C coach.

This is a coach that was controlled early on in many ways. Told he had to keep certain guys, made some bad hires himself early on.

But now he’s literally a top 10 longest tenured coach in the league. He’s heading into year 6! (Hard to believe)

I think he’s consolidating power around the fact that Love worked out and Love has brought hope for the future to GB. Could probably say the same for Gutey too.

They feel emboldened. I hope they go get what they think they need.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
23 Jan 2024 22:05
Resign
:thwap:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BF004 wrote:
24 Jan 2024 15:04
After another disappointing exit, where we literally just needed one unit to not be bad. Missed FG, D gives up an all too easy scoring drive, O can't deliver. I want all the focus on becoming killers, how to finish, how to prepare for the final 5 minutes of a game. Complete mindset, belief, buy-in, conditioning, preparation, that every close game is ours, up or down, we will own the end of each and every game and we will deliver on that. Turn all gas no break into and actual state of mind.
When the season starts up we'll have to meet at THE BAR again to further discuss the potential eventualities.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

lupedafiasco wrote:
23 Jan 2024 21:16
To me his #1 priority is to gain more consistency in the redzone. Two years in a row now this team has been pretty bad in the redzone IMO. Last year they didn’t have the passing weapons I felt. This year they couldn’t run the ball.
Do you realize that before that Niner game, our offense scored TDs on 20 of its previous 21 Red Zone excursions? At least that is what they said on Fox during the game.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Jan 2024 16:31
Feel like this is Matt Lafleur growing up. Realizing that plagues holding the team back ultimately hurt him..and his goals…and his legacy.

This is a coach that was controlled early on in many ways. Told he had to keep certain guys, made some bad hires himself early on.

But now he’s literally a top 10 longest tenured coach in the league. He’s heading into year 6! (Hard to believe)

I think he’s consolidating power around the fact that Love worked out and Love has brought hope for the future to GB. Could probably say the same for Gutey too.

He's already working on your list. They released the S&C coach.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Jan 2024 14:10

I just think you make the defense make the decision for you. Come out with Kraft, Musgrave, Watson, and take your pick at WR. If they come out in base you can do so much with the formations and passing game to kill them. If they come out light in nickel you should be able to excel at running just by being bigger across the board. Its what made the Pats so dangerous with Gronk and Hernandez.
For what it's worth, Gronk was on with Kay Adams today and said that a two TE set with two really good TEs is the toughest formation for a defense to play against.

I think next year we will have trouble getting snaps to all those WRs because Kraft & Musgrave will be on the field a lot!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
24 Jan 2024 18:26
Drj820 wrote:
24 Jan 2024 16:31

He's already working on your list. They released the S&C coach.
He’s done all of those things lol
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

packman114 wrote:
24 Jan 2024 18:49
lupedafiasco wrote:

I just think you make the defense make the decision for you. Come out with Kraft, Musgrave, Watson, and take your pick at WR. If they come out in base you can do so much with the formations and passing game to kill them. If they come out light in nickel you should be able to excel at running just by being bigger across the board. It’s what made the Pats so dangerous with Gronk and Hernandez.
For what it's worth, Gronk was on with Kay Adams today and said that a two TE set with two really good TEs is the toughest formation for a defense to play against.

I think next year we will have trouble getting snaps to all those WRs because Kraft & Musgrave will be on the field a lot!
Gronk may be a bit biased, tho.

Aaron Rodgers would probably tell you 5-wide sets are the toughest formation to defend against. ;)

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

packman114 wrote:
24 Jan 2024 18:49
lupedafiasco wrote:

I’ve been obsessed with that offense since they were successful. I just really think it’s too hard to defend if you just play the numbers game. Are they heavy or light in the box and are they nickel or base? Between those two thing you can have the advantage every play with the right check to a run or pass.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Jan 2024 20:10
I’ve been obsessed with that offense since they were successful. I just really think it’s too hard to defend if you just play the numbers game. Are they heavy or light in the box and are they nickel or base? Between those two thing you can have the advantage every play with the right check to a run or pass.
I mean it's not unlike SF with the TE/FB combination since their FB is a legit lead blocker but also a very adept receiver in the short field. It's not quite the same, but they play the same "heavy box us or light box us; we got the answer" game with defenses.

I still feel like we need an OL that run blocks better to really make it work. Pass protection, we have an elite unit (not perfect, but the results are phenomenal). Run blocking it's hit or miss and we need a specific kind of RB to make them pay (read: an elite one like Jones, because the holes aren't always there).

But yeah, we have the TEs now to do some damage that way.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Jan 2024 20:29
lupedafiasco wrote:
I mean it's not unlike SF with the TE/FB combination since their FB is a legit lead blocker but also a very adept receiver in the short field. It's not quite the same, but they play the same "heavy box us or light box us; we got the answer" game with defenses.

I still feel like we need an OL that run blocks better to really make it work. Pass protection, we have an elite unit (not perfect, but the results are phenomenal). Run blocking it's hit or miss and we need a specific kind of RB to make them pay (read: an elite one like Jones, because the holes aren't always there).

With the way we require our WRs to block, that's a big help too. Didn't one of our WRs just pancake Micah Parsons?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Jan 2024 20:31
Didn't one of our WRs just pancake Micah Parsons?
I think so.

Two of them stoned Chase Young last week, also. More than once.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Jan 2024 20:29
lupedafiasco wrote:

No I agree for sure. We are missing the Oline to make that work. I’m starts with Myers. He’s so unbelievably bad in run blocking. His pass protection is really good but I don’t think that’s worth his atrocious run blocking. Runyan this year couldn’t get it done either and I really didn’t think Rhyan was the answer just yet either.

I really hope we upgrade C this year but I just think this org likes Myers especially when ge has a year left on his rookie deal.