Let The Firings Begin

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Just saw a coach in Wisconsin was let go.

Disappointed it wasnt Barry.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

awe shucks, If we hadn't heard anything yet, he probably will be the DC next year, they had a meeting this morning, or so I read. :bigcry:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
23 Jan 2024 16:38
awe shucks, If we hadn't heard anything yet, he probably will be the DC next year, they had a meeting this morning, or so I read. :bigcry:
Bout time you joined us in reality buddy
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Jan 2024 16:44
Yoop wrote:
23 Jan 2024 16:38
Bout time you joined us in reality buddy
well you can be sure, I don't like this reality, and I'am hoping Lafleur is simply taking his time with a presser :pray: :lol:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Feels like Jaire told the packers “it’s me on this team, or Joe Barry. Not both” and the org chose Barry.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Jan 2024 20:38
Feels like Jaire told the packers “it’s me on this team, or Joe Barry. Not both” and the org chose Barry.
Sources?
Players don't get to make calls like that, at least not if they are not QBs.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
23 Jan 2024 20:46
Drj820 wrote:
23 Jan 2024 20:38
Sources?
Players don't get to make calls like that, at least not if they are not QBs.
Just feels like a goodbye post

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Quite frankly if the Packers decide to keep Joe Barry, I would absolutely be okay with reducing the resources dedicated to the secondary because Barry doesn't use them.

Pay your Dline and linebackers. Our production wasn't all that different with the B/Valentines doing it anyway.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
23 Jan 2024 21:59
Quite frankly if the Packers decide to keep Joe Barry, I would absolutely be okay with reducing the resources dedicated to the secondary because Barry doesn't use them.

Pay your Dline and linebackers. Our production wasn't all that different with the B/Valentines doing it anyway.
I expected this, my question is couldn't Gute and Lafleur see this coming, why make Alexander the most expensive CB in the league to play in a dumb dumb prevent secondary, why bring in Rasul Douglas, a ball hawk, then dump him for a 3rd round pick, this doesn't make a lick of sense.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
24 Jan 2024 06:14
go pak go wrote:

I expected this, my question is couldn't Gute and Lafleur see this coming, why make Alexander the most expensive CB in the league to play in a dumb dumb prevent secondary, why bring in Rasul Douglas, a ball hawk, then dump him for a 3rd round pick, this doesn't make a lick of sense.
Nor does dropping interceptions in the clutch. Doesn't make a lick of sense either.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
24 Jan 2024 06:21
Yoop wrote:
24 Jan 2024 06:14
go pak go wrote:

Nor does dropping interceptions in the clutch. Doesn't make a lick of sense either.
neither does dropping a perfectly thrown ball right to ya in the end zone
neither does a stupid holding penalty completely out of the play, or the PI's or other stuff during the course of games, don't you think thats a bit different then paying huge for a shut down CB then expect him to be happy to be a diversionary, complimentary player in a prevent defensive scheme, that was the biggest waste of resources ever :idn:

apples to oranges imo

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Something Justis Mosquida said that makes a lot of sense.

Joe Barry is under contract still. And there no way the Packers signed him to an initial 4 year contract which I agree with. So that can only mean… The Packers extended him after the 2022 season.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Jan 2024 07:08

Joe Barry is under contract still. And there no way the Packers signed him to an initial 4 year contract which I agree with. So that can only mean… The Packers extended him after the 2022 season.
I said this earlier. That’s what’s logical. If we had any good reporters or beat guys, they’d get to the bottom of this for us. We don’t have that tho, just blogger Andy cracking jokes on x

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:

wow, that would mean we extended a DC after his defense ranked in the bottom 3rd of the league :thwap:

length of contract, or actually any factual info about that is deemed a national secret, rumors, what I did find is that joe makes 4 mil annual and he's signed through 2024, at least, or so it would seem, again 4 mil is chump change to move on.

strange though to have a 2 yr contract, and probably why we ended up with Barry in the first place, most prospective cords are offered 3 year deals, stranger even would be extending one who hadn't actually made improvements, this seems like just more bad decision making by our FO.

While the job Lafleur has done on offense is commendable, it doesn't over shadow his neglect with coaching decisions, he kept ST's cord to long, and now it appears he extended Barry when he should have cut him lose after his first 2 years.

getting easier to side with Ringo, Lafleur seems incompetent as a HC, could be said that both he and Joe Barry where better at there previous positions then the positions they presently hold :idn:

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Jan 2024 13:21
Drj820 wrote:
23 Jan 2024 12:39
Are you mad at Lafleur for keeping him? Why is he still employed?
Also, I skipped over this.

Yes, I am mad at MLF for keeping him at this point.

I think MLF is an excellent head coaching hire. I have stated this a number of times.

I think that his strengths are:
- He is a certified QB whisperer
- The culture and chemistry he creates has been consistently good over the long-term of his tenure, with the exception of 2022 when things with Rodgers got too bad. There has been a lot of tumult; and the players consistently under his leadership come together and create a healthy locker room
- The offensive system and scheme are really good and up to the standards of what wins in this league

His weaknesses are:
- Timeout management
- Emotionally-driven challenge flags (which is part of timeout management, too)
- The areas of the team he is less directly involved in (defense and special teams) have not been successful, leading to questions about his coaching evaluation\

His strengths wildly compensate for his weaknesses in terms of keeping him or not. I will defend MLF as the Packers' coach until the strengths start falling off. I liked him as a candidate before MM was even fired. I liked him as the hire. And I am incredibly pleased with the overall body of work and the results. His W/L record is fantastic. His playoff disappointments are disappointments. I get that. But I'm a big MLF fan.

Last season I was pretty neutral on fire Barry, like some are now.

This year, I've seen enough. If Barry is retained, I will be quite frustrated with MLF for the decision. And the defensive performance this year will be to a much higher degree be held against him because he failed to act when the evidence was overwhelming that it was time to do so. I'm not big on in-season moves, so I was fine throughout this season. But it is time.
But Are you mad bro? lol cracked me up

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
24 Jan 2024 07:16
lupedafiasco wrote:

wow, that would mean we extended a DC after his defense ranked in the bottom 3rd of the league :thwap:

length of contract, or actually any factual info about that is deemed a national secret, rumors, what I did find is that joe makes 4 mil annual and he's signed through 2024, at least, or so it would seem, again 4 mil is chump change to move on.

strange though to have a 2 yr contract, and probably why we ended up with Barry in the first place, most prospective cords are offered 3 year deals, stranger even would be extending one who hadn't actually made improvements, this seems like just more bad decision making by our FO.

While the job Lafleur has done on offense is commendable, it doesn't over shadow his neglect with coaching decisions, he kept ST's cord to long, and now it appears he extended Barry when he should have cut him lose after his first 2 years.

getting easier to side with Ringo, Lafleur seems incompetent as a HC, could be said that both he and Joe Barry where better at there previous positions then the positions they presently hold :idn:
Some think the amazing turnaround starting with the Thanksgiving Day win over Detroit merits keeping LaCoach and his staff in 2024. No one seems to be willing to fire LaCoach. I guess Jordan Love and the youngsters on offense are keeping LaCoach in Green Bay...the tail is wagging the dog which I think is awesome. I certainly don't think it's the other way around. I know some here disagree. :oops:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
24 Jan 2024 19:30

Some think the amazing turnaround starting with the Thanksgiving Day win over Detroit merits keeping LaCoach and his staff in 2024. No one seems to be willing to fire LaCoach. I guess Jordan Love and the youngsters on offense are keeping LaCoach in Green Bay...the tail is wagging the dog which I think is awesome. I certainly don't think it's the other way around. I know some here disagree. :oops:
Why wouldn't that merit keeping LaFleur? Why should we fire LaFleur? Explain it to me like I am 5.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I have definitely moved on from trying to get a rational explanation from Ringo about his MLF feelings.

He is wrong. He is not rationally wrong. He is irrationally wrong. There is nothing more to do about it. No need to belabor it.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Jan 2024 20:44
I have definitely moved on from trying to get a rational explanation from Ringo about his MLF feelings.

He is wrong. He is not rationally wrong. He is irrationally wrong. There is nothing more to do about it. No need to belabor it.
Honestly, I just want AN explanation. Something like, "I had a dream about him $%@# my wife and now I hate the guy."
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Jan 2024 20:44

Exactly.

His last post even provides ammo for retaining "LaCoach" -Jordan Love and the youngsters "carrying" LaCoach. Those "youngsters" didn't just magically gel and start ballin' because they had fairy dust sprinkled upon them. It's a testament to MLF and his staff that had them playing so well by season's end.

Like you said, it's irrational. No sense arguing it.